Is Tekkit Lite still being developed on?

Best example Linux. There has always been contact with the end users, ratings/votings/feedback to improve the product. Would have linux been succesful if they would have said "you don't do anything for us, so you are not entitled to anything? haha sure not.

You obviously have not kept up with Linux development. Linus Torvalds created Linux to work with specifically HIS hardware, no one else's. For 2 years it was like this, Linus didn't give two craps if it worked on newer processors, just so long as it worked on his.

Modern distributions are pretty much the same way, with exception to very few (Ubuntu is an exception, but one of the few (Ubuntu is also not the only "Linux" as many wanna-be geeks seem to think). There are many MANY MANY other distro's out there who's developers don't give two craps what you want, only what they want, Slackware and Arch Linux being two heavily used ones with that philosophy).

Linux was successful because it was free, open source and it didn't have a GUI (thus making it perfect for server adaptations). End of story (there are many others, one prominent being it didn't require a bloody restart every 3 days to remain stable).

Best example Linux. There has always been contact with the end users, ratings/votings/feedback to improve the product. Would have linux been succesful if they would have said "you don't do anything for us, so you are not entitled to anything? haha sure not.

Oh God laughing so hard can't breathe.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Linux was largely written by basement nerds (not trying to use as insult) who designed it to be best for them and them only. Linux became great by being something that anyone could twist to their own vision. The whole support the end user directly thing was started by Ubuntu and still pisses a lot of the elitists off. Get bent.

Tekkit team is ridiculous. So now we have to switch our servers again, propably crash maps due to mod incompatibility, to "old" tekkit to be able to have actual mc versions again????

No, you don't. Tekkit lite still exists.

and in a few months they decide to make another pack, shit on the regular tekkit again and name it "tekkit ultra" or whatever.

And when that happens, the current tekkit will still be readily available, and noone will be forcing you to change.

It is pretty simple. If they decide to do everything completely for free' date=' it is their decision. No one forced them to a) do it B) do it for free. So there is no "you are doing nothing for us" as they could have decided to charge for it/set anything as a requirement or whatever, but they did not.[/quote']First of all, that's irrelevant. The point that people are trying to impress upon you is that you are not buying a product, and as such are not entitled to creative control over said product.

Fun fact, if people weren't playing it en masse, the technic pack would still exist, because it was made FOR the people who make it. They wanted to play it, and share an experience, so they did. Everyone else gets to benefit because Kaker and company are nice, and thought other people might like some cake too.

HAAAAAAAAAA.

Nobody has to choose to drop anything. Tekkit lite still exists. In fact, the final version of tekkit lite will probably be the most stable for people who are concerned with that. No more updates means no need for new generation. Long term servers will be able to keep their maps indefinitely without worry.

Now, seriously. Nothing has been lost, and you aren't being deprived of anything, there's no reason for a hissy fit like this.

First of all, that's irrelevant. The point that people are trying to impress upon you is that you are not buying a product, and as such are not entitled to creative control over said product.

Right, so if you buy a product, you're entitled to creative control over it.

Thus why we have the new Tekkit. It includes mods that have been updated to support vanilla 1.5.1. NO ONE has said that Tekkit Lite has stopped updating. If it does, you STILL have the entire pack on your PC. Take it, and when RP2 and IC2 are updated and stable, then throw those into your own custom modpack and release them (like so many have done).

actually yes, many people have.

I see "final update for 1.4.7", not just final update. If they truly intend to stop development of Tekkit Lite they should fix this as it implies that it's simply the final update for Minecraft 1.4.7, not just the final update of Tekkit Lite period.

I see "final update for 1.4.7", not just final update. If they truly intend to stop development of Tekkit Lite they should fix this as it implies that it's simply the final update for Minecraft 1.4.7, not just the final update of Tekkit Lite period.

it is the final update to tekkit lite period, the new tekkit is for 1.5.x+, just please get over it. tekit lite and classic are there for archival purposes only, and will not be updated.

I can't tell if you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, or if you really think this is just some joke being played on you.

Do you really believe that once you give in and accept that tekkit lite is done updating we'll go "Shh, shh, guys, he's falling for it! Ready? 1... 2... SURPRISE! Tekkit lite 1.5 update with all the mods it had before! Fooled you!"

I'm not arguing with or for anything. Please re-read my posts. No where have I said "I WAN MAH TEKKIT LITE BACK WAAAAAAAAAH". As I've stated I've already moved to my own custom modpack and couldn't give a damn what happens to Tekkit Lite or Tekkit Classic or even Tekkit (Or Tekkit 2.0/UIltra/Mega/whatever). I've moved on from Tekkit. I was merely stating what I interpreted the news post as. Think whatever you want. :P

C'mon people, stop with the arguing and nonsense. Apparently, Tekkit Lite isn't going to get updated past 0.6.5. As sad as this may be, I think I may just have to create a custom mod pack (mostly for IC2) for the new Tekkit and move on from there. Besides, a lot of Bukkit mods I want to use have updated and left 1.4.7 in the dust. Gotta keep up with the Joneses.

Think of it this way: Tekkit Classic stopped on 1.2.5. Is it so far a reach to believe Tekkit Lite would stop at 1.4.7?

Well, the whole point of Tekkit Lite being created (or at least what I read) was for smaller server owners, or those who wanted to play with a friend or two but didn't want bukkit. I don't see why they would just cut the cord there.

The specific incarnation of Tekkit known as lite is now complete.

The series of packs know as Tekkit lives on.

Classic and lite aren't going to suddenly disappear, but there would be no point in making "Tekkit Lite for 1.5! Same great Tekkit but with twice the mods and 2 major minecraft versions behind!"

Seriously guys, Platform. If you truly believe the mod set of Lite to be superior to current Tekkit then make a custom pack the way you deem correct and prove Canvox's vision wrong by overcoming Tekkit in downloads and users.

• 5 months later...

Out of curiosity, since it sounds like Tekkit Lite is no longer being updated with the newer version of minecraft, would there be a way to manually update tekkit lite to the more current minecraft and would I even be able to throw in a couple of new select mods such as the most recent updates on Galacticraft?

Out of curiosity, since it sounds like Tekkit Lite is no longer being updated with the newer version of minecraft, would there be a way to manually update tekkit lite to the more current minecraft and would I even be able to throw in a couple of new select mods such as the most recent updates on Galacticraft?

You revived a half year dead thread to ask a question I answered with the last post of the thread? Seriously?