Self Sustaining Power Plant Without IC2

kmart2012

I think you can still create books that will randomly have a few pages, go to that world and return and you can add those random pages to a notebook that you can then pick and choose pages to create your own world.

You can create your own rifts just to teleport yourself from place to place, even from overworld to overworld.

http://tekkitlite.wikia.com/wiki/Rift_Signature

Yeah, but it's not nearly as quick or easy (or cheap) to set up as linkbooks, which is why I suggested them first.

can you pick up a linking book once it's been placed on a stand? maybe I did it wrong, but I seem to have destroyed mine.

You should be able to right-click the book, then on the left-hand side, there's an inventory with a single slot, and the book's in it. Just take the book item out instead of clicking on the rectangle to use it. If you're having trouble, I believe shift-rightclick will access the inventory directly, but I can't check that until tomorrow.

Yeah, but it's not nearly as quick or easy (or cheap) to set up as linkbooks, which is why I suggested them first.

You should be able to right-click the book, then on the left-hand side, there's an inventory with a single slot, and the book's in it. Just take the book item out instead of clicking on the rectangle to use it. If you're having trouble, I believe shift-rightclick will access the inventory directly, but I can't check that until tomorrow.

yep, that worked -- I feel silly now for having destroyed the first one; but I love how inexpensive that mistake turned out to be.

yep, that worked -- I feel silly now for having destroyed the first one; but I love how inexpensive that mistake turned out to be.

That's okay. It's a bit non-intuitive, because the book item is inside it's own interface. It confused me at first too.

So some mentioned a bio reactor as opposed to magma generation. What do you do with all the left over wood you get while making saplings? Part of me feels I should burn it for more energy but that kinda defeats the purpose of the bio reactor!

Thoughts?

So some mentioned a bio reactor as opposed to magma generation. What do you do with all the left over wood you get while making saplings? Part of me feels I should burn it for more energy but that kinda defeats the purpose of the bio reactor!

Thoughts?

How would it nullify the purpose of the bio reactor? It would complement it, if anything. What else are you going to do with that wood?

Didn't say it would nullify the bioreactor. It's just that nothing in the game really takes all that much power so it is kinda pointless having a bioreactor and a full bank of steam engines to burn all the wood produced. I was just looking to see if anyone used the wood for another purpose.

But, as you said, "what else are you going to do with that wood?" I think I'm going to set up steam engines leading down the hall to my bioreactor just cause it'll look cool!

gates_b.png

well I did a complete system overhaul and managed to implement a similar setup, so thanks for the pics. I wasn't sure what qualified as Set or Reset in the SR Latch, but trial and error worked just fine for that.

However, I am using this setup with a magmatic array and so my magma crucible is linked in to the SR Latch. This is causing me problems when I want to independently trigger the crucible (for non-power-related magma generation), because I can't figure out how to create an OR gate based on (1) a lever and (2) the SR Gate. I have to imagine it's possible, I just suspect I don't understand RedNet or the PRC well enough to properly implement it.

RedNet tips anyone?

[EDIT: Never mind; figured out it was just tunnel vision. I was so sure I was messing up the RedNet that it never occurred to me that the liquiducts were full (thus preventing the crucible from engaging). Just using the Output from the first Channel as one of the inputs on the second was sufficient... I feel sheepish.]

By adding Thaumcraft to tekkit you can have large golem powered energy farms. Golems treat MFR's bio-reactor as a valid inventory, so you can have large fields of potatoes/carrots with the harvested product going straight into the reactors for large amounts of biofuel. Or with an additional step you can have pumpkins/melons/cactus/wheat broken down, then fed into the reactor by golems.

My bio-reactors produce enough fuel to power multiple bio-generators.

gates_b.png

sorry for yet another question, but do you ever have it happen that both redstone cells cap at about 599940-ish? This has happened on a couple of occasions and I'm not sure why, but it ends up leaving my engines running to no purpose, as the "cells are full" -> "shut down engines" signal is never sent, though the cells are as good as full and clearly not going to get any closer. I end up stopping power out of the outgoing cell for just a moment (wrenching from blue to orange), which then maxes out stored power and triggers the reset, but it's just annoying that it's not doing what it's supposed to. Unless I'm missing an important detail here.

I think the reason is that when you connect a redstone cell to an outgoing conduit, it transfers a bit of its own stored MJ into the network, thus creating a small deficiency. To be honest, I dunno how to combat this problem, there is an inherent flat energy loss in the conduits.

Just a suggestion here and it takes a bit to get it fully cranked up and self sustaining, but may I suggest trying something?

Materials:

4x Steam engines (to start)

1 - Aqueous Accumulator

1 - Dimensional Anchor

A few saplings

A stack or two of coal

MFR Planter

MFR Harvester

Appropriate BC pipes

TE Powered furnace

The system is automated once you get enough power to sustain everything.

The aqueous accumulators are good enough that with liquiduct can supply 8 to 10 combustion engines with water. Another person who plays on my server uses combustion engines exclusively. He's producing 120MJ/t compared to my 40MJ/t, but only because he's had enough lead time.

I have this, but with Steve's Carts 2 instead of MFR planter/harvester. Then I noticed a change in Steve's Carts (against Tekkit Lite) that the tree-chop module (whatever it's called) now has durability and require diamond to fix...

So you can go a very long way, but will stop in the long run unless fixed every so often.