Power sources

Real Darnok

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The DSU is not AE, it's MFR. Also, what you posted is a method to generate power, not store it.

argh -- apologies for the misinformation about the DSU [Edit: Deep Storage Unit]!

My intent was to show how the Redstone Energy Cells could be used as a handy buffer to store the energy and regulate the activation of power generation when needed.

• Discord Moderator

I have no idea why the "default" for tessearct energy loss is 25%. That is so astronomically, punishingly high that it discourages their use over phased pipes.

When comparing the two, an analogy is in order:

Phased pipes = monkey waving a bone by a giant obelisk

Tesseracts = "one giant leap for mankind"

I have no idea why the "default" for tessearct energy loss is 25%. That is so astronomically, punishingly high that it discourages their use over phased pipes.

When comparing the two, an analogy is in order:

Phased pipes = monkey waving a bone by a giant obelisk

Tesseracts = "one giant leap for mankind"

25% is not as bad as you may think.

It's mainly to make conduits more attractive. If Tesseracts had less energy loss, then people would just use them to transfer energy 5 blocks away. Tesseracts are meant to work over either long distances or across dimensions.

Not to mention conduits only have a flat 5% loss over the whole network, so it's pretty attractive to use cabling over energy tesseracts. Besides, bank enough power and you'd be sitting pretty for energy consumption.

• Discord Moderator

Actually, I'm fine with that. If someone wants to spend 10x (maybe not quite that high, but WAY up there) the resources to go wireless instead of wired then go for it. I even go a step further. The default transmission limit is 100 MJ/t. I up that to 500 MJ/t (Energetic Infuser anyone?... or a large laser array). Making a couple large stacks of magmatics can quite negatively impact FPS performance. Just put the engines in a "plant" farther away and port the power in where you need it.

I ended up with everything I used from the AE mod being powered by 3 bio reactor and 6 generators (Trust me, I have a TON of AE (Or ME, should I say) stuff.

I then have 16 bio reactors and a stack of bio generators making power for my quarrys (Have about 12 64x64 ones), then 4 bio reactors and 16 generators to power everything else. I also am working on one for oil fabricators.