Let's talk about these Big Dig Updates

CanVox

@canvox let few days to some testers to test the crap out of the potential updates before actually implement them.like u said in that post, u can ruin countless hours spent by players in a world which they didnt know it's necessary to backup.

It would be good to mark upcoming releases marked as beta in launcher. Now it is recommended but not so stable to be recommended. I have problems with NEI on linux but in version 1.3.8 I started to have similar problems even on windows. Now I'm on 1.3.5 because of relative stability on windows. 2 crashes during today.

It would be good to mark upcoming releases marked as beta in launcher. Now it is recommended but not so stable to be recommended. I have problems with NEI on linux but in version 1.3.8 I started to have similar problems even on windows. Now I'm on 1.3.5 because of relative stability on windows. 2 crashes during today.

1. Try out 1.3.9

2. Yes, in the future we're going to spend some time with new builds set to "latest" instead of promoting it immediately to "recommended".

I honestly love the fact the updates are coming quickly. I've seen to many times where something will have issues and isn't stable yet it still takes a long time to get an update.

I can't wait for a stable enough build so we can run on that version for a long period of time before needing another update. I'm keeping my server the recommended version constantly and have been updating the second the modpack does.

I do have one comment/ question about the UE mods that are now included - any particular reason why Electric Expansion and Basic Components were/are left out? I realize that the included mods are still functional with the energy storage cubes and universal wiring, so I'm mostly wondering out of curiosity.

Not to sound like a whiny twit, can we go back 5 or 10 updates? I love the way bigdig is setup. The most recent issues is getting the client side to talk to a server. Client side is missing EnderStorage 1.4.2.9. so far I've had to trash the bigdig folder a few times in the technic pack.

Not to sound like a whiny twit, can we go back 5 or 10 updates? I love the way bigdig is setup. The most recent issues is getting the client side to talk to a server. Client side is missing EnderStorage 1.4.2.9. so far I've had to trash the bigdig folder a few times in the technic pack.

You don't sound whiny, but in 1.3.9, both the client and server are running ender storage 1.4.2.10. So this sounds like an installation issue on the server. Certainly feel free to report issues, but 1.3.9 fixes some pretty serious issues in the recent earlier versions, so I don't see us going back.

From a server owners point of view, a big problem I found was in 1.3.5 Peoples armor was constantly being duplicated into the extra slots for galacticraft, was this fixed in 1.3.9?

This has been an issue with gcraft for a little while- unfortunately, micdoodle ducked out of the modding scene around finals time and hasn't yet returned, so we're kind of stuck with this until he comes back, which is hopefully soon.

I just experienced a big memory leak with the 1.3.9 <latest> version when in singleplayer. I just started a quite new world after the update. Anybody else encountering the same problem? I assigned 4 GB and the game uses all of it up till it freezes and crashes.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.MethodAccessorGenerator$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.MethodAccessorGenerator.generate(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.MethodAccessorGenerator.generateSerializationConstructor(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.ReflectionFactory.newConstructorForSerialization(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.getSerializableConstructor(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.access$1500(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass$2.run(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.lookup(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(Unknown Source)

at java.util.HashMap.writeObject(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeWriteObject(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)

Im now trying to run with the "increase PermGen" option that can be selected in the technicpack launcher.

I'm new to the Tekkit scene but I've been really impressed by the persistence in the troubleshooting. I'm not as savvy but I've learned a lot watching you troubleshoot through these. I'm an old gamer with chronic insomnia, if you need a lab rat to test builds at weird hours, add me to the list.

I love the pack, only been playing for a day or so before the latest few patches.

I have a question, I had a pickaxe made of a deep blue substance... don't remember what it was called sorry... but after the patch my pickaxe is gone and it now that type of stone no longer appears in the mod. Will it be coming back?

I just experienced a big memory leak with the 1.3.9 <latest> version when in singleplayer. I just started a quite new world after the update. Anybody else encountering the same problem? I assigned 4 GB and the game uses all of it up till it freezes and crashes.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.MethodAccessorGenerator.generate(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.MethodAccessorGenerator.generateSerializationConstructor(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.ReflectionFactory.newConstructorForSerialization(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.getSerializableConstructor(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.access$1500(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.lookup(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeWriteObject(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)

Im now trying to run with the "increase PermGen" option that can be selected in the technicpack launcher.

I got a similar error the first time I was testing out the new update, I have 8GB dedicated for Big Dig and have had perm gen increasing on since I first got the launcher. This happened on single player too. It has not happened again so I cannot confirm if it was in fact the same error, but it just happened randomly while I was moving about, I was not messing with a modded, or vanilla, item at the time.