[0.6.5]CataclysmSurvival[24/7][24Slots][PvP/PvE][Raid][Hardcore][No removed Mods][No banned items]

Cataclysm-Survival

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit to Beermatt: "Other items that seemed to be spawned in his ME storage system" There, as to not express enough contempt for Fede.

Also, the server is a crashaholic. Don't expect a reset to do all the good.

Edit: Alright, players joining the server crashes it too. We are done for without Cataclysm_Survival fixing the hosting

Okay, I'mma rant now.

This server is fucking awesome. I can't see myself playing on any other server, to be honest. This last few days, I've been server hunting, and all of them SUCKED. Bans on useless items, no pvp, just bullshit like that. This is one of the few servers out there that we can all play on with few limitations and freedom. Admins, owners, server, some of us call this place home. For you to give up on this awesome place really be worth it?

So that's why I wanted to suggest a couple things to the owners if they choose to read it. (Feel free to add stuff or critique me, I'm nearly blowing smoke out my ass now...)

Parallel world with spawn? That's within our reach. Just have a certain area with a world border, and protect that area. Then add a portal to the main world. (The one we'd build on) There were talks of shops in this world. Which is also within our reach. But the plugin that lets you use signs for the shops, is that really necessary? We've been using trade-o-mats and safes and it seemed to be working fine, right?

Would it really be detrimental to ban nukes? I mean, people are gonna dupe, there's no question about that. But the amount of nukes that have blown up spawn is too damn high. And think of it this way: If you're gonna raid someone, BE CREATIVE. Steal their shit, and then find a hilarious way to mess with their base. Build a giant reproductive organ in their main room. Replace all their machines with cobblestone. Put torches...EVERYWHERE. I dunno, shit like that.

Dimensional doors and Mystcraft we've seem to be fine without, I wouldn't recommend bring those suckers back.

Have a few trusted moderators to control everything on the mainfront. Time zones suck, so a few of us could control throughout the day.

And lastly... Admins/Owners, is the problem based on funds? I think myself and more than you'd think are willing to donate to this server. I've never donated to a server I've played on, but this is a great one to start on.

Does anybody have anything to add or correct me on?

Ive noticed something great right here... That idea but not a mining world just a spawn world and a faction world.. and maybe tnt but nukes cause lag and mass destrution. Honestly people like mph should be mods/admins.

You guys are totally missing the point here... EVERYONE IS OP. And there's not going to be any change to that until the REAL admins do something about it. Which is probably not going to happen. Realistically, I could just nuke the everliving fuck out of the spawn you just made. Which is nice, but it's not going to be permanent. SOMEONE is going to see that and think "Huh, I can fuck up someone's day." Because that's all that is happening on the server now. Honestly, I'm surprised someone hasn't already fucked up the spawn. I've already tried fixing everything. I've re-instantiated the whitelist, I've deopped everyone that was, I've made a new spawn. It. Won't. Work. Believe me, I've tried.

You guys are totally missing the point here... EVERYONE IS OP. And there's not going to be any change to that until the REAL admins do something about it. Which is probably not going to happen. Realistically, I could just nuke the everliving fuck out of the spawn you just made. Which is nice, but it's not going to be permanent. SOMEONE is going to see that and think "Huh, I can fuck up someone's day." Because that's all that is happening on the server now. Honestly, I'm surprised someone hasn't already fucked up the spawn. I've already tried fixing everything. I've re-instantiated the whitelist, I've deopped everyone that was, I've made a new spawn. It. Won't. Work. Believe me, I've tried.

if we did a hard reset of everything world admins everything get a set of 5 admins (or watever) and built 2 worlds a spawn in world with every item banned and not usable , and a build world with either random spawn in locations or a regioned area of 1000 block around spawn that is untouchable, nukes are banned or explosions are disabled (creeepers nukes reactors etc etc) only have the main admins opped and make some mini admins with ban and reset rights incase no admins are on, we also need to a way to comunicate with admins or owners weither having a skype group or even have cell phone numbers to send text messages too. the main thing is we need a region system if we already have a region system we need to use it and train all the admins, and the admins are people known to the players trustworthy and preferable with experiance, maybe some more ranks visitor( cant change any blocks) crafter (make 1 home and can edit blocks), vip (3 or unlimeted homes maybie after donating), mini admin ( acess to basic admin stuf vanish ban kicks etc etc) admin (full admin commands access world edit and maybe opped) GOD/owner (can do anything with in server) admins should be shown the commands to use and access sever remotely to shut down restard etc etc so we dont have to wait for the one owner.

I agree,mpfthprblmtq. If you come on, i'll op you so you can work on fixing the server. I also needed to ban nukes because of their sheer effectiveness at blowing up stuff. Other than that, you are right.

Editx3: You really don't show much respect for others, do you? I'm deopping you.

And as for your quote on the server, I'll fill in that bit: "We don't want an egoistic megalomaniac running this server now do we?"

No, we don't. That's why I was asking why YOU were running it after you deopped me for asking who you guys were and why you deemed youself "admins."

First of all, I wasn't deeming myself an admin, I was trying to help. I don't know how you guys managed to fix the "everyone's op" problem, but kudos to you for doing so. That will really help this whole thing.

And secondly, get off your high horse because you know some commands that others don't.

Look, the server's gonna crash and burn. The REAL admins (To which I have spoken to) are focusing on other things at the moment and are unable to help us with this situation. One of the admins informed me that it WILL be back up, but with bigger and better ideas. Personally, I cannot WAIT for that day to come. Because I love this server. Not what it has become.

I'm sorry that I seemed "disrepectful" or an "egoistic megalomaniac," that's my sarcastic side of me.

Good luck trying to fix everything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So server's...gone? This is so hard to bear for me as this was my favorite server to play on with Tekkit Lite. (Until the 2014 started as I had school) One question: Is this server going to be replaced by another one? This is the only modpack server I have known to give so much freedom such as, griefing and raiding. I enjoyed playing with the players on this server such as Adam, the person with mpf- which I don't know how to spell, Cookiemonster and others. I hope the admins and owners will create another server similar to this. Staff has always been friendly great. And lastly, thank you to the owner for creating such a wonderful server for people looking for a new experience.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons