[0.6.5]CataclysmSurvival[24/7][24Slots][PvP/PvE][Raid][Hardcore][No removed Mods][No banned items]

Cataclysm-Survival

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Server has been up a while now. Possibly crashed due to nukes.

Admins - we miss you around the server! Are you guys using different accounts to play secretly among us again? If not, come and join the fun! All is awsome except still no nether mobs and we desperatly need those ghast tears and blaze rods...

Server has been up a while now. Possibly crashed due to nukes.

Admins - we miss you around the server! Are you guys using different accounts to play secretly among us again? If not, come and join the fun! All is awsome except still no nether mobs and we desperatly need those ghast tears and blaze rods...

Agreed! I love playing with fun admins :)

Just a warning, if you value your stuff on this server, don't go two weeks without logging on. lol

I was out of town for about a week and a half, when i got back my faction was disbanded and my /f home had been raided (though surprisingly not nuked). Lost around 95 uranium, a bit over 100 diamonds, 1500ish redstone, 6 or so emeralds and quite a bit of metals. Sucks, but all that's left to do now is pack up the rest and move it again.

Just a warning, if you value your stuff on this server, don't go two weeks without logging on. lol

I was out of town for about a week and a half, when i got back my faction was disbanded and my /f home had been raided (though surprisingly not nuked). Lost around 95 uranium, a bit over 100 diamonds, 1500ish redstone, 6 or so emeralds and quite a bit of metals. Sucks, but all that's left to do now is pack up the rest and move it again.

R_o_n, if you would allow me I will give you some points that worked amazingly well for me, although I am not aware if you did the same or just got unlucky.. Anyway I meant to write this for a while specially to help new players who might feel a bit overwhelmed:

- Never build close spawn. A distance of at least 10000 blocks in any direction is recommended.

- Never build on surface and use covers over your solars, if you use them.

- Never claim the land where you build. Two of the best factions I've raided I would have never noticed them if I hadn't been flying over them and seen the Faction name appear in chat. Besides Tekkit Lite provides tools to bypass faction protection (mining laser, turtles and Quarries)

- Never mine directly from your base. An enemy base might be nearby and they find your tunnels and just as easily they will find your base.

- Never have a Nether portal next to your base. Mine is 1000 blocks away right on the surface. Many people have gone through it and nuked and mined around it and never found my base.

- Never touch anything on the surface of your base. Leave absolutely no clues that there is a base nearby. Remember that there are players (like me) that just fly around in Power Armors with Mining Lasers and turtles looking for any signs of life.

- Constantly check for Trackers. Become paranoid - no matter how much you trust someone, check and check again. We all get along with each other and have fun together but this server is highly competitive and most players join up to enjoy free raiding and extreme pvp.

- Constantly save a good percentage of your resources in a claimed chunk (not in your base) inside personal safes. This is to avoid other players from claiming that chunk and block your access to your stuff.

By following these points my base remains standing after 1 month and a half with only blocks of dirt hiding it from raiders! Fully equipped with ME, High Solar Arrays and plenty of farms.

On another note, I'm happy you decided to stay. You're a cool guy and would be a shame if you would quit. Let me know if you need sponsoring to rebuild. No strings attached!

I was honestly expecting it to happen sooner or later seeing as it was only around 6k from spawn, but i couldn't pass the land up lol. But I'm good on rebuilding, still got my power armor and my backup set, and had already been moving stuff to a much better area. Don't have much but we should make it up quick, thanks though, I appreciate it.

Admins,

We really need someone with admin powers to be online every once in a while... Any chance you guys can come and move spawn and claim it with admin faction? New players claimed the current one, nuked the area around it and there's no way of leaving it without falling down and die.

What's up with you guys? Everything ok?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I killed those guys with Adam, conquered spawn and built a bridge of personal safes. New guys have a way to leave it now.

Did you both do this awesome new spawn sometime today? I just hopped on an mpfthprblmtq says it wasn't done earlier.

Either way though, I like it.

Also, did the server just crash, or is my computer having one of its notorious internet tantrums again? All I'm getting is "Can't reach server"

Okay, I think I know what's causing the crashes. MrBatmatt is currently falling in the void, and he says every time he tries to log in, he can get one message out, then it crashes. So that might be it. Or he thinks it may be from using an architect table. (No clue?)

And as a sidenote, I could tp immediately for a minute or so. None of that "Teleporting in 3 seconds" bullshit! :D

Well then, here I was thinking that maybe his falling out of the void was due to server lag Xp

Tell him to /home or /fhome instead of talking? lol

UPDATE: I'm pretty darn sure MrBatmatt is the cause of it now. Cause when it was just up a few minutes ago, he got on, even though I TOLD HIM TO WAIT... Then it crashed.

Now he's saying that he thinks it's the table. (Apparently the architect table is something you can use to copy structures. Sounds awesome, haven't ventured into that just yet...) He made a full copy of his base, and when it was completed, that's when he said he was having problems. So that chunk he's standing in might be corrupted to shit. The base itself wasn't that big, it's just what's in it. (mfsu's, lava, stuff like that)

Temp ban for MrBatmatt? I'm thinking so...

UPDATE: I'm pretty darn sure MrBatmatt is the cause of it now. Cause when it was just up a few minutes ago, he got on, even though I TOLD HIM TO WAIT... Then it crashed.

Now he's saying that he thinks it's the table. (Apparently the architect table is something you can use to copy structures. Sounds awesome, haven't ventured into that just yet...) He made a full copy of his base, and when it was completed, that's when he said he was having problems. So that chunk he's standing in might be corrupted to shit. The base itself wasn't that big, it's just what's in it. (mfsu's, lava, stuff like that)

Temp ban for MrBatmatt? I'm thinking so...

So it's essentially another duping tool, but with a high chance to fuck things up? Glad I hadn't tried using one then lol

So, when I get on and the server crashes, I see this :laugh: being my computer, followed by a brief moment of :psyboom:

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons