My pulverizer don't even work!!!

Supershadow30

We need more details than "it don't wanna work", otherwise it's near impossible to work out what's actually wrong.

Does it have power? What are you putting in it? Where are you putting the stuff in? Is there anything in the output slot? stuff like that. Screenshots might help, too.

Redstone engines do not provide any device with MJ. I am pretty sure they are only useful for powering wooden pipes. You will need steam / sterling engines at least. I would advise you to use Thermal Expansions Steam Engines with Aqueous Accumulators.

Dont pulverize ore, smelt them with sand using induction smelter. Smelting ore with IS gives you a 5% chance for rich slag. Rich slag + ore in IS gives you 3 ingots from one ore. The only ore from over world you are supose to run throu a pulverizer are Ferrous ore cause that gives you a 10% chance to get a pulverized shiney metal.

Dont pulverize ore, smelt them with sand using induction smelter. Smelting ore with IS gives you a 5% chance for rich slag. Rich slag + ore in IS gives you 3 ingots from one ore. The only ore from over world you are supose to run throu a pulverizer are Ferrous ore cause that gives you a 10% chance to get a pulverized shiney metal.

Especially durning the early game, pulveriser bonusus such as gold from copper ore can be useful.

You run out of sand too easy with 2+ quarries going.

The only ore from over world you are supose to run throu a pulverizer are Ferrous ore cause that gives you a 10% chance to get a pulverized shiney metal.

Also iron, in order to make invar (which you need to get the induction smelter).

Also iron, in order to make invar (which you need to get the induction smelter).

you pulverize iron ingot and not the ore. But if you have a laser drill then put nether iron ore in a DSU and pull ore from that when you need pulverized iron for making Invar.

you pulverize iron ingot and not the ore. But if you have a laser drill then put nether iron ore in a DSU and pull ore from that when you need pulverized iron for making Invar.

Pulverizing iron ore has a chance to result in a ferrous dust in addition to the two iron dust. Thus, unless you already have ferrous ore that's the quickest way to get invar (which requires ferrous dust).

(still don't know what was that green, squared dust, thought...)

Green, square dust?

Pulverizing iron ore has a chance to result in a ferrous dust in addition to the two iron dust. Thus, unless you already have ferrous ore that's the quickest way to get invar (which requires ferrous dust).

Have missed that completly that all ore but gold have a 10% chance to generate an aditional pulverized dust in another metal when running them throu a pulverizer. But still I would recommand to use Induction Smelter in early game since you get Rich Slag that you can choose to use on an ore to get one extra of the same but in later game when you start to autmate smelting you should pulverize all but gold.

Edit:

Hmmm Rich slag just have 5% chance to ge generated and pulverizer gives 10% chance to generate so it seems that pulverizer > IS even in early gameso pulverize all but gold.

Well, you can cook it into rockwool, which is basically wool but nonflammable.

I dunno, impress your friends/random stranders from the internet by holding some lava in a [rock]wool container?

haha :D

Rockwool should be removed or be be used in creating heatsink for powerarmor or somethinfg like that.

• 7 months later...

My pulverizer does not seem to work either, it will not take in power even though i have 2 sterling engines with plenty of fuel attached and activated. Can someone help me figure out what i have done wrong?

The only ore from over world you are supose to run throu a pulverizer are Ferrous ore cause that gives you a 10% chance to get a pulverized shiney metal.

Sorry but I had to do It when I saw this. Have you heard of cinnabar? It gives you 100% ferrous chance.

Back on the topic now:

For the start game you can pulverize all you want and experiment. You will need different dusts and pulverized stuff. Remeber that you can always put the pulverized stuff in the redstone furnace to turn it to ingot and pulverize it again if you change your mind.

Thrust NEI for recipes.

My pulverizer does not seem to work either, it will not take in power even though i have 2 sterling engines with plenty of fuel attached and activated. Can someone help me figure out what i have done wrong?

You need to open a browser and type in 'Thermal Expansion spotlight' on youtube. You'll be back in 10 minutes and have your mind blown.