Lag Spikes. Need Fix.

FinalFantasyFan6

When i am playing the game, every 5 seconds there is a lag spike. This is a huge problem because it makes the game impossible to play. It doesn't seem to matter what i do to the options the lag doesn't go away or get worse. Its the same lag spike every 5 seconds and it lasts about 1 second. It doesn't last long but it's enough to screw you up especially if you're fighting a monster and it's all around annoying. So if my settings are on full view, fancy graphics, and all that jazz i get the lag spikes. If i put my settings on tiny view, smooth graphics, max fps, and all that i get the same lag spikes. It doesn't help at all. Therefore its a problem with the mod pack. I have no other programs running. So its not that either. So either update it to fix this problem or somehow tell me something that might help that i dont already know about. It doesn't seem to matter what i do tho. The lag spikes are not changing. I understand it's new and all and its going to have bugs and stuff. Just wanted people to know about this and would also like a fix if possible. I dont get this on any of the other mod packs. If you have this problem as well please comment about it. Specks would be helpful if the developers check here. You can comment on any general lag issues. Other issues should be on another topic. Thank you in advance. Just want to be able to enjoy the game.

Edited by FinalFantasyFan6

Not that I in any way approve of this post, but if you want help, you should perhaps try posting in an easier to read font, not all bold, and cut the underlining rubbish. You're only going to irritate people as it is.

i was only making it easier for moderators to check in and quickly see what's important and get out. they dont have all the time in the world ya know.

Your comment in this thread about only being able to select 1GB suggests you're only using Java 32-bit, make sure you've got the 64-bit version installed as well then do as Kronz suggests if you have and post us the log (it'll show which java version the technic launcher is actually using, but you might as well make sure you've got the right version installed first).

Your comment in this thread about only being able to select 1GB suggests you're only using Java 32-bit, make sure you've got the 64-bit version installed

You were right. i downloaded Java 64-bit and i can now select more GB. But doing so didn't fix my problem. In fact i think it just made it worse. Upping the GB to 2 or 3 made the lag spikes more frequent.

• 1 month later...

You were right. i downloaded Java 64-bit and i can now select more GB. But doing so didn't fix my problem. In fact i think it just made it worse. Upping the GB to 2 or 3 made the lag spikes more frequent.

I am getting the same lag problems as you as far as i know  as i can select more ram and have a 64 bit java and 64 processor and still get lag, but i think i know whats causing these spikes. When you spawn the chunks around you have to load causing the lag, since this modpack is pretty demanding as far as modpacks go this might cause lag. As for the constant lag issues depending on the size of your world and your exploration, these chunks need to load too, for me this lag lasts a little while but if i stay in roughly one place it goes away and eventually disappears until i explore or leave the boundaries of my establishment. As a test it would probably be best to stay in one place in the overworld and go afk for a bit and see if the lag stopped. Please reply if this worked.

Edited by Baidevin

it might not be system specs at all assuming you give minecraft 3 or so gbs, it should be fine.

What would be helpful is what were you doing when you noticed the lag spikes starting? Did you play in this world for very long? There is lag when you start a world because the chunks are being loaded around you, but this should go away after a while.

Did you go to the tropicraft realm? because in the tropics i hear there is a mother spider that spawns a bunch of baby spiders NON STOP. So if you were in the tropics, that may be the cause.

if not then please specify what you think might have changed in your world for the lag spikes to start happening. I also get a lot of lag spikes but not to the point of unplayability, and if it does get to that, then it means i did something in the world to cause the lag. playing with so many mods there are many things interacting at once, so it could be anything causing it. i tend to mentally keep track of my builds, so for example if i have an auto spawner running non stop, that can give me INTENSE lag until i stop the auto spawner and kill all the mobs.

So help us help you figure out what is causing the lag.

it might not be system specs at all assuming you give minecraft 3 or so gbs, it should be fine.

What would be helpful is what were you doing when you noticed the lag spikes starting? Did you play in this world for very long? There is lag when you start a world because the chunks are being loaded around you, but this should go away after a while.

Did you go to the tropicraft realm? because in the tropics i hear there is a mother spider that spawns a bunch of baby spiders NON STOP. So if you were in the tropics, that may be the cause.

if not then please specify what you think might have changed in your world for the lag spikes to start happening. I also get a lot of lag spikes but not to the point of unplayability, and if it does get to that, then it means i did something in the world to cause the lag. playing with so many mods there are many things interacting at once, so it could be anything causing it. i tend to mentally keep track of my builds, so for example if i have an auto spawner running non stop, that can give me INTENSE lag until i stop the auto spawner and kill all the mobs.

So help us help you figure out what is causing the lag.

About the mother spider thing... Where do I find this pain because I've been almost all over my tropicraft world and all I see are dinosaurs from the archeology mod.