This issue is very common sadly I can not offer a fix just when you launch your game just wait if it's still stuck at the Mojang screen then click on it. It will say not responding but it is this happens with all the mod packs when starting Minecraft from the launcher. Yes it's aggravating and annoying I honestly think there is a bug in the launcher (a very big one) that deserves special attention from the technic team. Honestly I think they are more concerned with getting the new launcher out right now than fixing a soon to be outdated one.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, necro'd.  Hi old thread :)

For people skimming past in future (obviously by this necro it does happen) if it's getting to the screen where you can see the Mojang logo, the launcher is no longer involved.  It may be an issue with a mod, some incompatibility with the mods in the pack (unlikely, the guys here have a little experience with that kind of thing) or most likely an issue with your own computer setup, most likely a slow drive that the mods are being loaded from, a slow drive being used for paging, insufficient RAM causing excessive paging or the actual OS (and/or Java environment) having some kind of misconfiguration or damage.

Sadly enough the regular Minecraft Vanilla 1.7.2 launcher does not have this problem. I do not know what necro is besides necromancy (long story) but usually when you start a mod pack with any launcher it should not freeze up and say "not responding" & then wait for several minutes for it to correct itself. I myself do not believe it's a ram or slow drive issue. With over 32 gigs of ram and a new pc at that (Asus Award Winner) as I stated before, I believe the launcher is corrupted or has a bug in it. If it's the mod packs not recognizing the launcher on start-up then it does confirm a bug. This is my opinion not a fact that has yet to be proven by the technic team. I am not a member or a admin of the technic team, just a gamer like you and me. 

Necroing a thread is in the action of adding a post to a long-dead topic. Whether or not the post adds any additional information or not does not matter to necro a thread. Necroing is actually based on the act of necromancy for it is "raising the dead" - where in this case the dead is an inactive thread

• Moderators

I believe the launcher is corrupted or has a bug in it. If it's the mod packs not recognizing the launcher on start-up then it does confirm a bug.

I can deny this, for each and every bug report that I have ever participated in, all of them are users settings being faulty - old java, overprotective antivirus, outdated drivers, Macs (which sadly have problems with java) and iffy internet browsers (internet explorer is an old horse. Shoot it! and get a new, proper steed!), insufficient working memory and malware ( because user did not install an antivirus).

None of these are Technics responsibilities. It's up to each and every user to make sure they have their computer settings in top notch.

I have only seen one report where Technic had erred - one where they responded quickly when a user stated that his folders was moved somewhere else. That was it, directory change. What a huge cosmical error indeed...

• Moderators

I really need help this is my favorite mod pack when i press play it opens the attack of the b team file the launcher hides but then it comes back and attack of the b team goes away I tried submitting a request thing but its not helping please any ideas?

Read and follow the >Tracker Rules and Guidelines, then post the issue on the Tracker

Eye_Mine, if you'd like to test the launcher to be sure for yourself, you can build a modpack that's just vanilla minecraft and see whether it's slow or not for you.  If it's fast, then it's probably some of the mods that are loading in on other packs, not the launcher in any way.  I'd say that behaviour (vanilla minecraft loads faster than that same minecraft but with a million extra lines of plugin code) is to be expected, but you don't have to take anyone's word for it if you're really unsure.

@Loader Well I don't know whether to laugh or just leave this new idea of creating a mod pack alone. Please understand I am new to pc gaming creating a mod pack is beyond me so far. I am 32 years old and my memory isn't quite what it used to be after years of seizures and being run over by a mini-van in 01. Me trying to create a mod pack, I would need taught. If it was as simple as download the mods and stuff the zipped folders in my .Minecraft mods folder then sure I would do it. As a matter of fact I should start a topic on people to teach us disabled and mentally slow people. It might just help me & others like me.

Actually Eye_Mine, creating a modpack is virtually as easy as that. Download forge for the minecraft version, install it (put those files into the minecraft.jar in older versions, otherwise it should act on its own if you use an installer) then simply plug the mods into the mods folder. Using another mod like IDFIx Minus will solve most ID conflicts and bam, you have a working* modpack

* IDFix Minus doens't solve all id conflict issues. Also, just because it runs doesn't mean there isn't issues that cannot be resolved via config editing, but itd be on a mod basis on fixing any issues.

Edited by Kalbintion

I have downloaded forge countless times before. It confuses me reading and watching all those articles and videos. What I have done is create a folder with its subfolders, downloaded forge to the folder marked bin double click on it and try to install and it tells me I don't have permission or some something else. So I just extract the file into the bin folder and after that I get lost. Do I rename forge as modpack.jar or extract the files and archive them as modpack.jar.zip then remove zip for 1.7? I don't even know what launcher they are talking about. Do I go into my .Minecraft folder and copy & paste the Minecraft executable application file to my bin folder? I don't know this is where I get lost. On my .Minecraft/mods folder it has rei's minimap folder completely empty. I love playing the snapshots but having a reliable map without all the crock would be lovely. it's a shame I can't run the snapshots on the technic launcher. I am assuming it would be easier to mod but still trying to understand just boggles my mind,

Forge running on snapshots is highly unlikely as Forge will most likely be (like any other mod related thing) one or two minecraft versions behind. Meaning, while you may have a proper set-up at some point for a mc1.6.4 (or 1.7 as forge updated to recently) does not mean it will work for updated minecraft versions.

As for the forge installation, the installation of forge acts as a "new" minecraft jar, that is placed in the .minecraft/version/ folder, this is where the installer should set it to. Then after that, setting the profile to use the forge version would make it work (i might be leaving out a step or two, its been a while) through the vanilla minecraft launcher. After it has ran once, you should see the mods folder where the profile location is set to.

its not the launcher u need to delete, u need to delete the modpack from your computer. Modpacks are stored in appdataroamingtechnicmodpacks (minecraft is store in appdataroaming.minecraft   (C:Usersyour_computer_login_user_nameAppDataRoaming)

delete attack of the bteam, then launch the technic launcher and choose recommended verion or attack of the bteam and hit play. It will redownload the pack.