Auto-killing the Wither

Gio²

Hi, I'm currently trying to build an automatic wither spawner & killer.

I have the spawn part working and it is in a 99% industrucible room.

But how to kill it? And preferably through walls (not required tho).

I tried Autominous Activators, dispensers but no luck.

Any ideas?

Slayster, on 13 Mar 2014 - 9:56 PM, said:

Some reason you can't use Grinders?

That was the first thing I tried, but apparently they only work on animals and hostile mobs.

They also didn't work on villagers either. Or I must've tested something wrong.

That was the first thing I tried, but apparently they only work on animals and hostile mobs.

They also didn't work on villagers either. Or I must've tested something wrong.

Withers aren't hostile? Do you just mean the boss?

I tried to spawn some on my previous world once but didn't even get that part working, so no other sensible suggestions.

You could fill the room with oil and set it on fire!

Yea the Wither Boss.

If you're wondering how, autanomous activators in a 3x3x1 shaft going into a indestrucible room. I then distract the Wither with a villager just outside the room...

And sadly the Wither even breaks water (and I guess oil too) sources :L But maybe I could flood it with that special lava from Thermal Expansion... Hmm. But I would lose the nether star too then :(

Edited by Gio²

Can autonomous activators shoot railguns? If they can find a way to recharge them and you're set :P

I know in tekkit lite it was the RP2 deployer that could do that and an IC2 block, or maybe a power converters block that could charge items in adjacent inventories. You could use the 2 to make a minimum shard farm. The activator can probably fire a railgun but I don't know of a way to recharge it without actually pulling it out of the activator and into an infuser.

EDIT: It was the power converters universal charger that could charge it without pulling out of the deployer's inventory, so you would need to find a way to recharge it either when battery is empty or after every shot. I'd imagine some itemducts and redstone pulses could manage a recharge every shot, I don't know if it's possible to pull it just when empty though.

So I did a bit of testing, not really thorough, but here are my results.

It seems Itemducts can't pull railgun fists based on power alone, because of the heat factor. However, you can put a glove with railgun ONLY in the top left slot of the activator and set it to only use the first item, then you can put TE power cells in the other slots and the railgun can draw power from them. It should be fairly easy to either pull out power cells at a certain level or just run a timer and swap out cells every x minutes. And for having the activators not get destroyed, idk.

Edited by rogueclon946

NightFire661, on 14 Mar 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

Umm try using Arrow Dispensers? Set it to a redstone with like an Entity detector?

Or just blast the SoB with the Railgun?

After the Wither has only 50% health it goes into a mode which is immune to arrows...

If all else fails, you could always try deploying the tactical TNT.

Messy, but I guess that would work.

So I did a bit of testing, not really thorough, but here are my results.

It seems Itemducts can't pull railgun fists based on power alone, because of the heat factor. However, you can put a glove with railgun ONLY in the top left slot of the activator and set it to only use the first item, then you can put TE power cells in the other slots and the railgun can draw power from them. It should be fairly easy to either pull out power cells at a certain level or just run a timer and swap out cells every x minutes. And for having the activators not get destroyed, idk.

Why would there be a heat factor if you aren't actually wearing the glove? Does the glove get destroyed or something when it gets too hot?

Set up a MFFS forcefield with a single block gap in the center. 5 tall with a 3x1 gap. Turn this on as the wither is charging and it will kill it.

Thought that MFFS would be the way to go, but I didn't understand it to make it work so I wanted to try other stuff.

Time to watch a spotlight then :)

Heat is only a factor for trying to pull the glove itself out. The glove still builds heat, so you can't set an itemduct to pull at a specific energy levdl because both energy and heat have to match. You can get around that by having the glove draw power from an energy cell instead, since they can be set to be pulled just by energy level. Also if you do use a railgun like this never put itin your hotbar. Or use it yoursef. Unless you like getting fried.

Edited by rogueclon946

I remember reading that a bunch of iron golems can kill the Wither. Not tried it myself yet.

Other than that, I like to use iron spikes on sticky pistons to make spike traps. Works basically like suffocating mobs with solid blocks, but the spikes function a little differently. Maybe they can do something against the Wither.

Would be funny to see tons of iron golems destroy the Wither :P

But I've figured it out and I'm using the Biometric Identifier and the Interdiction Matrix from MFFS to kill him, it works great.

Will post pics of it eventually, in case somebody wants to see how-to. Working on perfecting the redstone atm.

Such farm!  Post your contraption, great job

From his last post I already have an idea of what it looks like. I just don't know what blocks he's using to hold the wither in place.

Is it MFFS blocks? Because according to wikis they are indestructible, and I don't know of any other obtainable placeable indestructible blocks barring creative.

Edited by rogueclon946

rogueclon946, on 19 Mar 2014 - 01:28 AM, said:

From his last post I already have an idea of what it looks like. I just don't know what blocks he's using to hold the wither in place.

Is it MFFS blocks? Because according to wikis they are indestructible, and I don't know of any other obtainable placeable indestructible blocks barring creative.

MFFS blocks should work yes. It isn't hard to setup at all, only costs some diamonds and steel. You need to use a forcefield emitter to set it up.

But I'm actually using Thaumcraft 4 for that, with the Warded Wand focus I can make any non-tile-entity (so no chests, furnaces, etc) indestrucible.

Nearly done now, finishing touches :3

rogueclon946, on 19 Mar 2014 - 4:13 PM, said:

I was just thinking default tekkit. Sou added thaumcraft in?

Yea I did, but it is just a small part of it really. The indestructible room can be made with MFFS too, it only costs some more energy ;)

I DID IT YEAAAAAY! 

See this album for all the pics and info you need!

http://imgur.com/a/pcpy4

Nailed it

1318.gif

It might need some maintanance (it is 99,9% indestructible...) because the Activators can do weird sometimes.

Ask if you need help :)

Edited by Gio²