Tekkit 3.0.0?

quiet interesting. I don't know what kind of new stuff is in this update but I'm excited to see what's new although I think it's a bit sad that we won't have Forestry mod anymore but I guess they have something that can compensate with the forestry mod, hopefully :)

I might go spelunking and see what kind of new stuff I can find in the NEI GUI or find it myself out in the woods.

Have a great day!

Yours sincerely, HoazDon't do that.

quiet interesting. I don't know what kind of new stuff is in this update but I'm excited to see what's new although I think it's a bit sad that we won't have Forestry mod anymore but I guess they have something that can compensate with the forestry mod, hopefully :)

I might go spelunking and see what kind of new stuff I can find in the NEI GUI or find it myself out in the woods.

Have a great day!

Yours sincerely, HoazDon't do that.

Honestly, after playing around with Combustion Engines, I'm not too sad about losing Electric Engines. They seem kinda OP to me now xD

Sad I won't get the bees though. Those looked cool

Just a quickie,

Obviously I'm not going to go into the whole forestry fiasco but I was wondering what's going to happen with our worlds and the fact they have items like Apetite ore in them? I'm hoping there will not be corrupt worlds because of the mod removal?

Just a quickie,

Obviously I'm not going to go into the whole forestry fiasco but I was wondering what's going to happen with our worlds and the fact they have items like Apetite ore in them? I'm hoping there will not be corrupt worlds because of the mod removal?

Unfortunately, barring somebody writing a conversion program, corrupted worlds appears to be likely.

I think worlds should be okay. When I was testing the 2.1 upgrade on my server, I was disabling various mods to try and narrow down a crash, and disabling Forestry just caused all the machines and ore to disappear.

A world converter may be necessary anyway though just over the new MC 1.2 redstone lamp blocks and a conflict with the power converters.

From what i hear the removal of forestry will not cause any issues right away as the blocks will just disappear. However once another mod is added that uses the block IDs from forestry is when the really fun and corrupted worlds will begin. Basically any forestry blocks/items that have not been updated to become air blocks already will become the new block that is using their id. Which means a lot of trouble for mine craft and a corrupted world.

1) The disappearing blocks/items will work only for chunks that are visited and containers that are opened and characters that are logged in while the mod is off. All other leftovers will remain.

2) As soon as some other mod starts using those block/item IDs, there could be serious corruption and crashing as tile entities and metadata don't match up to what it expects.

It's proven to be unstable and cause memory leaks on any SMP server with a decent population, so I wouldn't mind.

And what about those of us that play single player or on very low population servers? Really hoping it doesn't get left behind as I love that mod.

It's proven to be unstable and cause memory leaks on any SMP server with a decent population, so I wouldn't mind.

Would rather see it added regardless. You people keep saying how easy it is to disable parts of the pack so servers that see it an issue could just disable it..

• Forum Administrators

Would rather see it added regardless. You people keep saying how easy it is to disable parts of the pack so servers that see it an issue could just disable it..

Hey what do you mean YOU people?

Either way it's only not in yet because it has yet to be ported to Bukkit so everyone CHILL OUT.