Infinite lava even possible?

Eye_Mine

On YouTube I posted a question to +Generikb about transporting lava directly from the nether into the over world. This method I seen done on Tekkit LP's before I ever got it; all I ever did was dream of it. Now someone answered my post saying we might be able to send lava to the over world using tesseracts as send and receive. I am a redstone dummy and not afraid to admit it, but if there is a way to do infinite fuel using the tesseracts someone please help me by posting a vid or a detailed description on how to do it. Having a infinite fuel source would be awesome, it would benefit us all.  

The tesseracts have a version that can transmit liquids, so you could do it like this;

1. Have a tesseract in the nether hooked up to a liquid tank and pipes
  2. Set the tank to pump out into the tesseract then fill the tank with lava
  3. Put down a poppet protection shelf in that chunk (to keep the tanks, pumps and tesseract loaded).
  4. Set up a tesseract in the overworld, set it to the same channel as the nether one
  5. Set up pipes leading to wherever you need the lava in the overworld

This isn't automatic, every once in a while you'll need to go top up the tank in the nether manually as there's not any pumps in this mod, but that's probably what that person meant.

Edited by Loader

@Loader Thank you. I hope we get some type of pump later on it would work wonders, besides the nether is a nightmare when it comes to lag. So I will set it and forget it till my tanks are full. I got a field of tanks to fill now 50 x 50 area of vertical tanks. I am manually quarrying a 200 x 200 area to bedrock. There is a ton of ore to be smelted.

• Moderators

deleted other thread. It happens when you post that the forum server glitches and says you never made one, yet it actually does. Best bet is to just click F5 to refresh the browser page.

Lava fabricator, blaze farm w/ magma crucible on the blaze rods...

This is a much better suggestion IMHO, it may not have the ability to refill as fast as the tank-in-nether method but it doesn't need any of your input to do it.

Any method with the lava fabricator can output to pipes, so that removes your need for pumps too - a popular thing to do is to have solar panels on a spacestation (where they're safe from outside interference and they get a boost to efficiency) powering a lava fabricator (or a few) which then pipe into a liquid tesseract to go to the overworld.

I have both of those systems in place (using the blaze farm mentioned for power though) and have a lava fabricator go to two 32 bucket tanks, and it is usually more lava than I need at once let alone am able to hold in buckets in inventory. The lava fabricators as well can simply be expanded upon near indefinitely to increase lava production rates if you need more at once anyway, and having the larger tanks to hold lava would allow for a better storage system in the event you dont need a ton of lava now but will always have more than enough on hand.

you could try a magmatic dynmo hooked up to a lava fabricator with a heavy alu cable with a fluidic pipe joining the 2 up (i use this for my power), then have another fluid pipe out of the lava fab for what you need, i'm not sure how much you can take out before you start running low ive not tried it

• 2 weeks later...

I have an idea for an easy pump.

1. Use an Autonomous Activator with 8 buckets in it set to right click mode.

2. Attach a item duct to the back of the activator and put a servo in it. Set it to whitelist lava buckets.

3. Teleport the lava back to your base through a Tesseract.

4. put another autonomous activator on the other end and have it right click on a tank.

5.Teleport the buckets back to the nether and feed them back to the activator.

Don't know if this works because I haven't had a chance to test it.

I wish you luck though!! -shiftricity

I am somewhat excessively fond of space-station solar panels -> lava fabricator -> tesseract stuff, as Loader has probably realized by now. The server I play on got wiped about a week ago (there were corrupted chunks everywhere that had gotten regenerated with a different world seed, so it looked awful), so I wound up having to start over. I toyed around in creative singleplayer for a while as I waited for the server wipe to finish, and came up with a design I felt was fun. Actually recreating it without creative mode proved to take a little longer. :D

Note: I was not going for 'practical' or 'efficient'. I didn't want the reaction from people to be 'oh that's neat', but 'is she out of her goddamn mind?!'.

In space, I packed as many advanced solar panels as I could into a single chunk (my witch friend had only made me two poppet shelves at this point), with heavy alum wires connecting them to lava fabricators, and from there fluiducts. I don't quite remember the exact number (at work right now, will check when I get home); I made 31 before going to space, but I remember I couldn't quite fit all of them into one chunk.

Back down on the Overworld, I used the OpenBlocks Building Guide thingie to help me construct a large spherical tank for the lava; actually building the tank used up something along the lines of 20ish full stacks of OpenBlocks tanks, I think. It looks kind of like this:

CbTZIdy.png

Note: that's the one I built in Creative singleplayer. The one I built in survival multiplayer looks virtually identical at this point, give or take a block or two in terms of height, though I haven't had time to add the celestial crystal microblock strips just yet. There's a hidden Tesseract right at the top of the tank, receiving lava from space; underneath the tank is a single fluiduct pumping lava into another Tesseract, or at least it will once I have somewhere to pump it into. The plan is to do something like this (again, screenshot from Creative):

OSIjFJP.png

52 resonant energy cells in a 14x14 square, all within the same chunk. Each one feeds into the one clockwise of it, so that the power goes around and around, ensuring that the (hidden) magmatic dynamos can all work at once until ALL the energy cells are full. Most of the cells have 3 dynamos each, with a little less in the corners.

Today, when I get home from work, me and my silk touch pick are going to head out and mine every last bit of redstone and ferrous ore I can possibly find. Won't that be FUN? XD

Holy... Poisonfrog you've done it again - I have to admit, this demonstrates a PvP strategy I'd never have considered, make your potential opponents so dubious about your sanity and available time that they just wouldn't risk conflict. :D

I never thought 'terrifying' would be a word I'd use to describe a carpenters block spiral!  How long did that roughly take in SMP?

The spiral itself only took a couple of minutes, it's fairly simplistic. It's completely symmetrical, though it might be hard to tell from that angle. Making the spherical tank itself, maybe half an hour. Pillar didn't take long either. Mind you, as I'd built the entire thing before in CSP, I knew exactly what to put where.

The main timesink was of course getting all the materials for it. 20 stacks of OpenBlocks tanks plus the obsidian for the spiral and pillar, plus the materials for the solar panels etc (I have SO MUCH MUTTON now) took a while. The obsidian wasn't that much of a chore, thankfully; I'd finished the solar plant on the space station the night before, and the last thing I did before bed was to hook it up via tesseract to my igneous extruder set to obsidian, and hook that up to a Deep Storage Unit. It made roughly 2500 obsidian while I slept.

A few more screenies, this time of the SMP version. Solar array:

iBlJUDI.png

(Before anyone asks how long it took to mine all that quartz: it isn't quartz. It's paved whitestone. Much easier to get tons of, and it looks almost exactly the same.)

Aerial shot of the main tank spiral thing (told you it was symmetrical!):

o0zBrJU.png

And from below: 

Ego4y6E.png

So yeah. Gonna do a bit of decoration with celestial crystal strips, possibly swap out the concrete under the tank with some chiseled obsidian to make it more ominous, then it's mining time.

Out of curiosity, with the solar panels, do you only need the 'core/base' part in a chunk for it to load, or do you need the whole panel to be inside?

edit: Just tested, looks like it doesn't matter if the outside of the panel is outside of the loaded chunk.

Edited by Loader

I'm really getting into power sources at the moment and I've gotta say these forums are giving me lots to try!

I wanna try using Solar Panels to get Magmatics running, but at the moment my main limitation is my lack of Energy Cells XD I've filled 3 Redstone Energy Cells and 1 Resonant Energy Cell, but I have nothing to use all my power on. I'm already powering a room full of Advanced Genetics, MFR and Thermal Expansion machines, including an Auto-Spawner and Grinder.

Maybe I should get into Galacticraft on my new world...

Lava Fabricator, magmatic dynamo, Heavy Aluminum wire, & any Energy Cell will create both infinite lava and infinite energy right now. It's a bit of an undocumented bug.

IMwWuVO.png

You need to use the Heavy Aluminum wire and have an energy cell but it works super fast.

Andyhoi, that is in fact a well documented bug, not an undocumented one.  It's also well known to cause chunk corruption in worlds - avoid connecting galacticraft wires to TE systems more than once (that includes the MFR stuff).  If you look around you can find out details about what it does and how it does it, but that's pretty much the end result.

Andyhoi, that is in fact a well documented bug, not an undocumented one.  It's also well known to cause chunk corruption in worlds - avoid connecting galacticraft wires to TE systems more than once (that includes the MFR stuff).  If you look around you can find out details about what it does and how it does it, but that's pretty much the end result.

Ah thanks I"m rather new to all of this so I wasn't sure if it was documented. Didn't know it caused chunk corruption though. :o

Some people seem to be lucky - or more likely some chunks correctly cap the maximum and others don't, but I don't know the details of it - it seems like it restricts to the chunks with infinite power, so as long as you keep the infinite power in that one chunk and just use TE conduits out of an energy cell or something then it's only that chunk that should be at risk.

I avoid it at all, but if you encounter an oddity (it's not always infinite power output, it's possible to end up with infinite power drain too) just remember to check for this.  Hopefully it'll be fixed at some point - it came in when they added lighter rules for galacticraft UE because it wasn't accepting or distributing power at all in the version before this one :)