Let's Test B-Team 1.0.10b

Skuli

Okay, noob question here. I can't seem to update to 1.0.10B

I open up the options in the launcher (Build 439) and there's only one of 2 things I can select:

- Always use stable launcher builds or

- Always use Beta launcher builds.

If I select Beta launcher builds, none of the Bibliocraft items show up in game.

There doesn't seem to be an option that I can find to manually select 1.0.10B version to use.

Any help would be appreciated as this is probably something really simple and I'm just missing it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.0.10b

everything seams to be running great only a couple of things iv noticed

squids...... it seams that they arnt spawning anymore

it may have something to do with this poping up on my server 

[WARNING] Skipping TileEntity with id 

does not give a number just says it ever so often

not sure if it was somthing that was changed in the pack or not
Sorry if this isnt the spot for this let me know if i should just post it in bug tracker

Squids still spawn for me under normal conditions as long as my mob cap hasn't been hit. If you need to, go over an ocean biome, enter "/cofh killall" and "/cofh killall squid" to make sure the mob cap isnt being hit and that there isnt a squid cap being hit either, then wait a bit to see if they spawn. Note you need to be 20 blocks away from a potential spawn location for them to spawn (like any other mob)

Without seeing the entire log I wouldn't be able to explain that line, because as it is, its just a warning message and nothing critical. If you wanted me to look into why that message is showing up though then post on the tracker as this isn't the place to discuss it unless you have only ever had this issue on 1.0.10b and can prove it is an issue with 1.0.10b (which is the hard part). Tracker link (and its guidelines) are available in my signature below.

Make sure the versions match up on both sides, and doing that if it still fails, reset modpack on the local side. If it still fails after this, post on the tracker, links to the tracker (and its guidelines) are available in my signature below.

is there a rough estimate on the release? i'd looooove to finally update my server (it's on nitrado, so it's a bit hard to manually do things)

Generally, the answer is no.  The Technic folks usually frown on these questions (due to everybody wanting to know); you might want to take a look at the forum rules, which specifically address ETAs, >here.

Generally, the answer is no.  The Technic folks usually frown on these questions (due to everybody wanting to know); you might want to take a look at the forum rules, which specifically address ETAs, >here.

oh thanks for pointing that out. if they have a policy like that, they should atleast take the initiative themselves to give people something to adjust by. i mean watching youtubers using updates for ~2 weeks (with a pack that's named after them in this case even) and not knowing when you're able to use the same stuff is a bit discouraging. i do appreciate the work they put in and having a nice modpack for free of course, but still ;/

oh thanks for pointing that out. if they have a policy like that, they should atleast take the initiative themselves to give people something to adjust by. i mean watching youtubers using updates for ~2 weeks (with a pack that's named after them in this case even) and not knowing when you're able to use the same stuff is a bit discouraging. i do appreciate the work they put in and having a nice modpack for free of course, but still ;/

Well, more could be going on than I'm aware of, but as I understand it this is essentially a 'beta-testing' or debug phase.  The server files for 1.0.10b are out there (first post in this thread), they're just not 'officially' given a thumbs-up as stable and bug-free.  And I don't know that you really can give a time-frame on that, as it really depends on what sort of issues crop up.  With so many interacting mods, it must be a royal headache to figure out what's interacting with what.

It's more of a "use it at your own risk" phase.  For those of us playing on a home server with only a couple of players, that's not a bad deal.  But I can see how you might not want to go there with a larger server.

oh thanks for pointing that out. if they have a policy like that, they should atleast take the initiative themselves to give people something to adjust by.

I'm sure this is a reasonable request if you're intending to pay the developers.  Are you intending to pay for the developers?

If you consider for a minute that the main reason they're working on this is because they want to and they're sharing it with everyone because they're being nice.  They're paying for you to be able to play and provide a tool for installation and updates (which took time to write) and paying for your bandwidth costs when you download from them, all to make it easier for you.  They provide even the latest twitchy version if people want to play with it, but they won't call it recommended if it's not ready to be called recommended (this saves many people like me a lot of trouble we'd get from something not being ready, I don't need to pay nearly so much attention because they've got it sorted).

I know you're not trying to appear ungrateful, but think about what you're saying here;

The B-Team work with the Technic pack guys to make this stuff available for you to play with (and it is available, just not recommended).  Much bigger groups that should be able to afford it more easily don't bother with that, it's an exceptional interaction with their community.

The Technic pack guys develop and distribute these packs for free - this must be expensive even just for the bandwidth.  The cost in time for the people working on it is time they could be spending doing contracts for actual money - they're choosing to spend it here, for you.  This is no different in effect from spending even more money, for you.

The reason not asking about it is policy is probably because of how demoralizing it can be - I don't and have never worked in this team, but in similar situations I've seen similar questions or demands and believe me - when you're doing this for a community because you like them, they like you, it's all "happy fun times" and you get a bunch of guys showing up who make it not fun by making demands on your already stretched time it's really hard to keep bothering (remember you're usually working to be able to pay for all this stuff you're giving away, this is what you do in your free time).  My first reaction when seeing something like this is something along the lines of "Ugh.. you entitled little-" (I'm not saying this about you, I didn't think your post was that bad, but some can be awful and I'm trying to help you understand how another persons mindset might go from the other side of the dev process).

Now you've read all that you should be able to see what it sounds like and how it comes across - if anyone owes anyone anything, it's you that owes the Technic guys, both for their time and their money.  Your statement can translate to something like "Thanks for the free stuff, but you should give me more free stuff sooner please", which is a little ridiculous sounding when you look at it like that.  Hostility that you see from other forum members when asking about this kind of thing is based around that - if you upset the devs to the point they decide to take a week off or something then you've slowed it down, making things worse for everyone - the devs both who are working with heavier loads now, the devs who are taking a break and may even drop the project altogether if you really struck a nerve, the players who have longer to wait - everyone in the community can suffer for a comment like that, so even if there isn't a rule specifically disallowing it (which, as it was pointed out, there is), it's still a dick thing to do.

Sorry to rant about this here, but if even one person understands a little better because of this it'll have been worth it.

Yeah i just checked the proto-titan and alpha titan from flans mod and they still can't rotate! They can still move forwards and back but while your in the cockpit only you move and not the mech leaving it facing in one direction which is the one you placed it down in. Please fix this as it is a shame to let a fun mod like this go to waste :)