Technic Pack-Mod Pack of Republican Conservatives

uranium2011

(For Science!)

What a lot of people aren't informed about by the mediais that the 'lungs of the world' are not actually the jungles/forests/rainforests. The vast majority of CO2 conversion is handled by the seas and oceans. Over 70% of the Earth's surface not only dissolves CO2 into itself where the photosynthesising algae happily converts it back into oxygen. By comparison the trees are just the proverbial drop in the ocean.

So go ahead and torch your jungle valleys, safe in the knowledge that your environment will only suffer loss of habitat. You only need to worry if you pump oil into the oceans, or drain them dry cooling your reactors and combustion engines.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a progressive lib and I stand firm on that position! solar and wind plants for all Technicans!

Brought to you by the Pulse2012 administration.

Only if said solar and wind plants are guaranteed to be made from steel, silicon, and other materials processed in only the most polluting of factories. I think then we can come to an agreement.

Hey man, progress is the future! I've dedicated my life to finding new and intuitive ways to pollute and destroy the environment! Reckless thaumaturgy seems to be quite effective for my goals.

I have actually made a taint machine before. It used a deployer to place a crucible, and then buildcraft pipes to drop a diamond block in (these were spawned, of course), and then a block breaker to break the crucible. That chunk tainted over REALLY fast

I am a progressive lib and I stand firm on that position! solar and wind plants for all Technicans!

Brought to you by the Pulse2012 administration.

The Yogbox forum is that way. =====>

Stay with your own envirenmentalist friends, we stay out of your area, stay out of ours.

Technic sort of extends the basic minecraft ethos of choice. For example, in vanilla, I have known people to replicate what our quarry does manually, to strip entire forest biomes down to the dirt. I also know people who take just the resources they need from natural cave systems and who replant a new tree in the old one's place whenever they chop one down. Of course, there's also a bunch of people in between those two extremes. Technic is similar. Some people want a vast industrial park full of smoke and tubes and massive rectangular holes in the ground, and some want an actual park with trees and flowers and a lake with solar panels exposed at discreet intervals. And again, there's a huge mix in the middle.

So, for a third position to this thread... Technic is libertarian? Do whatever the hell you feel like, for the world is yours and yours alone.

If you read the thread, you would know we are discussing capitalism, and anti- liberatarism, not various systemsof governments. In minecraft you are all alone. (Except for libro-brine of course.)

What about SMP? Then we can have groups of people working together towards the common goal of polluting everything forever.

Because now a days, the majority of people in the U.S. (assuming most people here are American) are Liberals. As in conservative-hating, eco-loving liberals.

This is actually untrue.

The majority of the US is still pretty conservative, mainly in the midwest. It's the coastal main cities that typically have more liberal people mainly due to direct global influences. This is changing, slowly. But the US is still pretty freakin' conservative.

This is actually untrue.

The majority of the US is still pretty conservative, mainly in the midwest. It's the coastal main cities that typically have more liberal people mainly due to direct global influences. This is changing, slowly. But the US is still pretty freakin' conservative.

Now please don't flame me, but in my opinion, FDR was where America went wrong. FDR was a communitst. The main liberal hotspots are in New England and in California.

Now please don't flame me, but in my opinion, FDR was where America went wrong. FDR was a communitst. The main liberal hotspots are in New England and in California.

I don't know about New England, but California constantly votes republican. Although it may feel like it's more liberal, at its roots it's about business and in business you'll find that it's predominately republican.

I don't know about New England, but California constantly votes republican. Although it may feel like it's more liberal, at its roots it's about business and in business you'll find that it's predominately republican.

Californians are extremely eco-friendly. This is not a discussion of political parties, or systems of government. This is a discussion of how badly we want to advance our own goals.

This is actually untrue.

I think it's not that more people are changing political parties and more likely that political parties are beginning to change. It happens every few hundred years, actually (today's democrats were originally called the republican party when it was founded in 1791-- not the one we know today, as the GOP actually began in the 1850s). Particularly in regards to social issues, rather than financial. There's always been a financial divide in the U.S and that actually hasn't changed much.

Sorry for bringing the srs bzns into what's obviously not a srs thread, I just thought Beer brought up an interesting point.

Well. I live in California.

So, I'm not exactly hidden away from the issues.

There are a lot of people here who are eco aware and a lot of people who have a global view. It's not uncommon for a coastal state. But California is business. Business is republican/conservative.

Also Aelle, great point. I remember learning that Democrats used to lobby for slavery and thought that was just absolutely hilarious given how the party has evolved today.

Chili Cheese Curly Fries are delicious.

Well. I live in California.

So, I'm not exactly hidden away from the issues.

There are a lot of people here who are eco aware and a lot of people who have a global view. It's not uncommon for a coastal state. But California is business. Business is republican/conservative.

Also Aelle, great point. I remember learning that Democrats used to lobby for slavery and thought that was just absolutely hilarious given how the party has evolved today.

Chili Cheese Curly Fries are delicious.

The democratic party was actually split on the issue of slavery. Northern democrats opposed it while southern democrats supported it (with the exception of Andrew Jackson, who was Lincoln's vice president). It probably had more to do with the territory than actual political beliefs, as the north was becoming industrialized while the south still relied heavily on farms. Republicans were, however, unanimously opposed to it.

Looking back on the history of our political parties, it's interesting to see how they've both evolved. Unfortunately most people don't know these things because history is so undervalued in this country. I also find it interesting that people from both sides of the aisle are so quick to snap, "Our founding fathers never meant for this!" when George Washington's farewell address warned against forming political parties and said that it would destroy our country.

Derp?

Well, we're allowing all sorts of things (and disallowing as well) that are beating the foundation of what is left of our country with perverbial sledgehammers.

The political parties is a big part of it. We need to get rid of that shit. Remove money from the equation as well because that shit isn't helping at all.

The gov needs a shakedown and I need to be your supreme ruler. I'd fucking own at it.

Beer Thirty for everyone!

Well, we're allowing all sorts of things (and disallowing as well) that are beating the foundation of what is left of our country with perverbial sledgehammers.

The political parties is a big part of it. We need to get rid of that shit. Remove money from the equation as well because that shit isn't helping at all.

The gov needs a shakedown and I need to be your supreme ruler. I'd fucking own at it.

Beer Thirty for everyone!

All hail president Beer!

• 2 weeks later...