Technic Launcher On Linux Debian!

levap200

Hello.

I want, eghem, i must have Techin Launcher on my Linux Mint.

Can it be possible to do a technic launcher .deb?

Maybe not many people will be interested, but on last times debian get hot.

Please, respod quick.

Love  :love:  ,

--levap200

Edited by Munaus

• Discord Moderator

The technic launcher doesn't really "install" and therefore does not need a package. It is just a jar file which you execute. From the command line (or a desktop link you make) you would run:

java -jar TechnicLauncher.jar

The technic launcher doesn't really "install" and therefore does not need a package. It is just a jar file which you execute. From the command line (or a desktop link you make) you would run:

java -jar TechnicLauncher.jar

That is correct. The launcher uses java and is not a native linux program. 

• Discord Moderator

When referencing a specific jar with "-jar" the target file must be in the current folder or must be referenced with a valid path. So, if you had the TechnicLauncher.jar file in a subdirectory called ".Desktop" in your home directory the correct syntax would be:

java -jar ~/.Desktop/TechnicLauncher.jar

First you should install the Java Runtime Enviroment (jre) by typing something like "apt-get install openjdk-7-jre" or "aptitude install openjdk-7-jre". Then download the Technic/Minecraft jar file, and put it on your desktop. Right click on it and go to the Permissions tab, then click the box that says "Allow executing file as program". Next, in the same window click the "Open With" tab and select OpenJDK Java 7 Runtime. After doing all of that you should be able to click it to run. This is how I run Technic and Minecraft on Ubuntu, and Ubuntu is based on Debian. Good luck!

First you should install the Java Runtime Enviroment (jre) by typing something like "apt-get install openjdk-7-jre" or "aptitude install openjdk-7-jre". Then download the Technic/Minecraft jar file, and put it on your desktop. Right click on it and go to the Permissions tab, then click the box that says "Allow executing file as program". Next, in the same window click the "Open With" tab and select OpenJDK Java 7 Runtime. After doing all of that you should be able to click it to run. This is how I run Technic and Minecraft on Ubuntu, and Ubuntu is based on Debian. Good luck!

I'm not sure, but did you perhaps miss this post by the OP?

Man, many thanks, i LOVE YOU so much...

Now i can play my fav packs.

Really thanks!

not that trying to be helpful is a bad idea, but it looks like you didn't actually read the thread before posting.  also, while ubuntu is based on debian, they are not nearly as similar as you seem to believe.

• 5 months later...