Let's Test Hexxit for Minecraft 1.7.10!

Skuli

Ore generation is being handled by CoFH core (or should be anyway). Check it's configuration. I haven't updated to the newest beta version yet so I couldn't tell you myself if it's working as intended.

I checked the World.cfg from CoFH and it's identical from 1.5.2 to 3.0.0c so I have to assume that we have simply not been as lucky with the ore generation in our little part of the world for now.

I checked the World.cfg from CoFH and it's identical from 1.5.2 to 3.0.0c so I have to assume that we have simply not been as lucky with the ore generation in our little part of the world for now.

Actually, now that you mention it, it may not be working even though the config is the same. If even one tiny little thing is wrong syntax wise it'll break ore generation completely and it'll just go with vanilla rules instead of the CoFH rules. Also, check and make sure there's quartz ores spawning in the nether. If there's not then extrabiomes is the culprit.

Actually, now that you mention it, it may not be working even though the config is the same. If even one tiny little thing is wrong syntax wise it'll break ore generation completely and it'll just go with vanilla rules instead of the CoFH rules. Also, check and make sure there's quartz ores spawning in the nether. If there's not then extrabiomes is the culprit.

Will do.  Thanks for the input.

Also, on a different note... why does digging with a shovel go super quick now ?  With an iron shovel you can click and point dirt and completely destroy a huge section of dirt in a matter of seconds.  With the LevelUp! mod and having points in Digging, you can pretty much dig huge sections of dirt without stopping since you get loot from digging and more shovels to replace the broken ones you get.  Not sure which config file handles that but I think the digging mechanic is a bit broken right now.

• Moderators

Also, on a different note... why does digging with a shovel go super quick now ? 

working as intended if you ask me. did you choose the Miner as class? this makes mining and digging (dirt) much faster.

I regret going with the miner now, wish I had chosen the fisher.

Being a warrior also increases your critical and increases your defence (not sure if this is against melee only or if projectiles count?)

I finally got around to updating and I found the problem. CoFH core generation is not working because the config is not set. What your looking at in the World.cfg is just a guideline that doesn't actually affect anything. The values in the vanilla.cfg file are still set to their defaults. That's the one that needs changing.

So, I've finally gotten around to host a small, private server for a few friends and myself. And after ~2 days of playing, I have a few questions:

1) Regarding the LevelUp mod; does the "Sword" skill take into account all the new additions of weapons (Waraxes, Daggers, Rapiers, etcetera) or is it limited to vanilla Minecraft swords? And does the "Archery" skill work with the new bows? I suspect the they don't, since after I checked all files associated with the mod (even the .class files), I found nothing relevant to which item IDs the skill is to work with.

2) Regarding the "Mine & Blade" mod; is it in the modpack's intention to not work with weapons that aren't vanilla or included in the "Battlegear" mod to be dual-wieldable? Or have the proper IDs not been added to the config yet? When attempting to dual-wield a weapon that isn't in vanilla Minecraft or the "Battlegear" mod, nothing happens. You can't click it into place (Broadswords, for example). And when you can, it disappears from the GUI, and when exitting the inventory, it's dropped in-front of you.

And lastly 3) Sometimes, my two friends randomly crash in the game for no apparent reason (they could be running around, fighting enemies or mining. Or simply standing still in the base). I did receive a error message in the server console, but I dismissed it as a "it won't happen again", but it repeatedly does. However, I don't currently have the error saved (I didn't think of saving it), but upon checking the console, the server's thrown an error similar to what message it usually gives when they crash:

[09:19:31] [server thread/ERROR]: "Silently" catching entity tracking error.
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Adding entity to track
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityTracker.func_72785_a(EntityTracker.java:230) [mn.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityTracker.func_72786_a(EntityTracker.java:152) [mn.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldManager.func_72703_a(SourceFile:31) [mp.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72923_a(World.java:1320) [ahb.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72923_a(WorldServer.java:843) [mt.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72868_a(World.java:3276) [ahb.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76631_c(Chunk.java:921) [apx.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:46) [ChunkIOProvider.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:12) [ChunkIOProvider.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.skipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:344) [AsynchronousExecutor.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.getSkipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:302) [AsynchronousExecutor.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.syncChunkLoad(ChunkIOExecutor.java:12) [ChunkIOExecutor.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:126) [ms.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101) [ms.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71222_d(MinecraftServer.java:265) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.java:235) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:258) [lt.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Entity is already tracked!
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityTracker.func_72785_a(EntityTracker.java:196) ~[mn.class:?]
    ... 18 more

Edited by Tonnesti

My friends and I have encountered a bunch of other issues with this 3.0.0c beta release after playing for several days.

- What we have dubbed the "Concapede invasion".  Not sure what the trigger is, there's no errors per se but every now and then, there's a huge amount of non-stop concapedes spawning around our little home made town.  The first time I had to use /cofh killall concapede to get the server from lagging (it removed 4909 concapedes).  Since then, it's happened 4-5 times where I've had to killall.

- Speaking of Concapedes, dual wielding against them and hitting with your offhand makes the client crash

- On the topic of dual wielding, there's something wrong with the option to move from the regular bar to dual-wielding and back.  Sometimes, you have to mash R repeatedly to get back to the normal bar. 

- Quantum computer created on the client side made the server crash last night (sorry no logs)

- COFH mineral generation isn't working (as discovered above...)

- Disabled the butterfly mod because it was throwing an exception here and there.

I've noticed several mods have gotten updates to them for 1.7.10.  Plan is to review the changes and see if I can't manually update some of them to correct these issues.

Just wanted to mention that there is an update to Ars Magica 2.  I know this is the one thing I use allot and gives an alternative adventure style, kinda gives you the option to go the fighter style or the mage style which i really like.

I really hope it can be included, but I can understand if it cannot.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1292222-ars-magica-2-version-1-4-0-005-updated-september

Just wanted to mention that there is an update to Ars Magica 2.  I know this is the one thing I use allot and gives an alternative adventure style, kinda gives you the option to go the fighter style or the mage style which i really like.

I really hope it can be included, but I can understand if it cannot.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1292222-ars-magica-2-version-1-4-0-005-updated-september

He said they are not adding Magica due to it not going to get anymore updates to it and the Modder is stopping the project

I finally got around to updating and I found the problem. CoFH core generation is not working because the config is not set. What your looking at in the World.cfg is just a guideline that doesn't actually affect anything. The values in the vanilla.cfg file are still set to their defaults. That's the one that needs changing.

I'm not entirely sure what the problem really is here; I've been playing Hexxit beta for many, many hours and I've collected plenty of ingots of all types and varieties?

My friends and I have encountered a bunch of other issues with this 3.0.0c beta release after playing for several days.

- What we have dubbed the "Concapede invasion".  Not sure what the trigger is, there's no errors per se but every now and then, there's a huge amount of non-stop concapedes spawning around our little home made town.  The first time I had to use /cofh killall concapede to get the server from lagging (it removed 4909 concapedes).  Since then, it's happened 4-5 times where I've had to killall.

- Speaking of Concapedes, dual wielding against them and hitting with your offhand makes the client crash

- On the topic of dual wielding, there's something wrong with the option to move from the regular bar to dual-wielding and back.  Sometimes, you have to mash R repeatedly to get back to the normal bar. 

- Quantum computer created on the client side made the server crash last night (sorry no logs)

- COFH mineral generation isn't working (as discovered above...)

- Disabled the butterfly mod because it was throwing an exception here and there.

I've noticed several mods have gotten updates to them for 1.7.10.  Plan is to review the changes and see if I can't manually update some of them to correct these issues.

Concapede invasion: Are you running MCPC+/Cauldron? Dual-wielding currently conflicts with the InventoryTweaks hotkey and one other mod; you can re-map the hotkeys or disable it completely to resolve the issue.

• Moderators

I'm not sure if the ore gen was doubled compared to vanilla when Hexxit first came out, but I do know that Canvox made it the same as Big Dig: he made ores spawn without depth restriction. Diamonds and redstone could be found on the surface

I believe that's what people mean

Edit. wow, just stumbled on the weirdest bug. When a meteorite strikes and you hit 'm' for world map, then close it, you hear the meteorite strike again. Clicking the world map yet again and closing it repeats the sound.

Edited by Munaus

I'm not sure if the ore gen was doubled compared to vanilla when Hexxit first came out, but I do know that Canvox made it the same as Big Dig: he made ores spawn without depth restriction. Diamonds and redstone could be found on the surface

This is exactly what i was also missing. So i checked the config files and it seems like CoFH has been updated but the config in hexxit has not been adapted to the new version until now. (there is a mix of old and new config files)

So i set the following options in hexxit/config/cofh/CoFHCore.cfg (not World.cfg):

B:ReplaceVanillaGeneration=true
B:RetroactiveOreGeneration=true

Then i adapted hexxit/config/cofh/world/Vanilla.json to reflect the settings in the old World.cfg file, and it worked! If you set "retrogen: true" for all ores this will even regenerate the ores in all existing chunks!

Another issue i noticed is that all battletower chests are empty. I get a lot of the following errors during startup:

Battletowers failed parsing or finding Item/Block 4
Battletowers failed parsing or finding Item/Block 12
Battletowers failed parsing or finding Item/Block 3
Battletowers failed parsing or finding Item/Block 86
Battletowers failed parsing or finding Item/Block 360

Seems like the blockids haven't been updated until now?

Another issue (which will probably have no impact on Windows systems) is that hexxit/config/LycanitesMobs in the hexxit pack is spelled in capital letters, but the mod expects the directory in lower case (hexxit/config/lycanitesmobs) and will regenerate the directory with default settings on unix systems. (i discovered this issue while experimenting with the weight scales in hexxit/config/lycanitesmobs/lycanitesmobs-spawning.cfg on the server)

Otherwise i'm very pleased with the new version! I have been using it for ~1 week now with friends on a server and it was rock stable with no serious issues.

I haven't tried Hexxit until recently, and I can say it is quite a lot fun. However there are some things I would like to uphold.

-Setting "Hunger after death" to "false" in Tinker's Construct's config would remove confusion to new players, so they do not have to wonder why their hunger is not full after they die.

-If Lycanite Mobs is to be kept in the full release, disabling the spawning of elementals (e.g. Geonachs, Spriggans, Jengus, and Cinders) would be the best bet as they add too much unfairness to unsuspecting players.

-As for the hard freezes that can last up to 30 seconds, increasing Roguelike Dungeon's "spawnfrequency" from the default "10" to "16" or above helps remedy the problem (there are two roguelike configs, one is its own .json and the other is in the folder "roguelike_dungeons". Both must be edited). This also cleans the world as these dungeons seem to spawn way too frequently.

-Project Zulu's grey horses are still spawning.

Edited by Entripic

I haven't tried Hexxit until recently, and I can say it is quite a lot fun. However there are some things I would like to uphold.

-Setting "Hunger after death" to "false" in Tinker's Construct's config would remove confusion to new players, so they do not have to wonder why their hunger is not full after they die.

-If Lycanite Mobs is to be kept in the full release, disabling the spawning of elementals (e.g. Geonachs, Spriggans, Jengus, and Cinders) would be the best bet as they add too much unfairness to unsuspecting players.

-As for the hard freezes that can last up to 30 seconds, reducing Roguelike Dungeon's "spawnfrequency" from the default "10" to "2" or below helps remedy the problem (there are two roguelike configs, one is its own .json and the other is in the folder "roguelike_dungeons". Both must be edited). This also cleans the world as these dungeons seem to spawn way too frequently.

-Project Zulu's grey horses are still spawning.

Some people enjoy the difficulty of Hexxit, you can just change to normal or easy if you think shit's too hard.

Edited by mr4ffe

How long before Battle Towers will have loot in their chests again?

It's a problem with the mod itself, not the configuration. You can't add items from other mods to the chests, only vanilla loot. So it won't be fixed until atomicstryker addresses it. It seems like he's been working on his other mods here lately. The latest post on the official battletowers thread is someone asking him about it, and he hasn't replied yet so.... who knows.

Wow, this modpack's difficulty curve sure has...changed, since the last time I played it.  Which was admitedly a while ago, but still.  Before, it used to be a fairly carefree exploration-friendly pack.  Now it's more of a hardcore, "hunker down and cry don't you dare go outside ever" kind of pack, which...is fine I guess?  But not exactly the kind of thing I associate with Hexxit.  It feels like a totally different pack, actually.   Is this the planned balance going forward, or will it be tamed a bit before officially getting released?

Edited by zbeeblebrox

I don't plan for it to be as hardcore as it currently is. Currently my aim for the beta is to test for crashes/mod compatibility, which has surprisingly not been a major issue. Having been playing this with my kids for several weeks, I'm pretty aware that the difficulty is much higher than typically you see, we're having a hard time even staying stocked with basics like iron ingots!

Also, screw those flying Lycanite's mobs that spawn when it rains, and those little afrit things that spawn in lava. I hate those SO MUCH I cannot adequately describe it without inventing new words.

One thing I'm noticing is that for whatever reason, armor durability seems to be severely lowered or damage to armor is severely increased, and I can't figure out why. I'm lucky if a suit of iron armor lasts even a full minecraft day currently.

Hello,

I have some Suggestions:

Since the 1.7.10 seems to be remade from Scratch, meaning that importing old world saves isn't necessary, I would like to suggest you some awesome Mods to add to the atmosphere:

• Primitive Mobs: awesome new Mobs, all Vanilla-ish
  •  Mo' Creatures: pretty popular, you should know what this does ;)
  • Smeltable Gravel: Makes Gravel give Flints by Smelting
  • Ropes Plus: Should definitely be kept :D
  • NetherOres: spawns Vanilla Ores in the Nether
  • Mutant Creatures: To add to the Awesomeness of Hexxit epic Bossfights :D
  • Minions: Evil Slaves that help you mine
  • Mo' Zombies: Mo' Zombies!!
  • HopperDucts: Just random Addition
  • Archimedes Ships: Just epic :)
  • Farlanders: some more Diversity to the Worl

I have tried all this Mods with their 1.5.2 version on a Hexxit Server, and everyone found them an awesome Addition, mostly Primitive Mobs, Mutant Creatures, Minions and Mo' Creatures :D

Have you read this @skuli ?

• Moderators

[tinkering around with Ancient Warfare 2]..... - how does this work?

[checks mod site] - download a pdf instruction manual here!

-ok

- Now read through this 50 page manual to understand this mod!

:cry: can someone just tell me how to acquire the NPCs?

AtomicStryker is on the ball for battletowers loot now. He's updated the mod in an attempt to fix the issue, however it made a new issue that makes it crash when running on a server.

Also, DimensionDoors mod author has posted a status update of sorts to the official minecraft forums saying he is still working on updating the mod but the changes from item IDs to item names has significantly slowed progress and he may have to skip to the next version of minecraft. He did also say that DD is and has always been open source so if anyone want's to help with updating it they can.