Tekkit 3.0, it's here!!!

Unfortunately, like the other 319 posts daily about Tekkit 3.0, it is not here.

Notes on why:

1. Not all mods are ported to 1.2.5, being that RP2 and IC2 (if you don't know what those are you should not be posting on this forum) have only recently been ported, the hard work on making all mods compatible server-side has just begun.

2. Developmental versions of the Technic Pack are DEVELOPMENTAL. Meaning they are merely previews to what the next pack may contain and are not in any smooth, working state. There are no Tekkit developmental servers.

3. Not all mods in the Technic Pack are included in Tekkit. Getting mods compatible serverside is much more difficult than client mods and therefore takes more time in doing so.

4. Those working on Tekkit are not full time employees, they are Minecraft players who enjoy the game and would like to see it made more fun by the additions of mods like those included in the Technic Pack. For the uneducated that means: They are not paid for their work.

5. "But a server on the list says it's for Tekkit 3.0!!" It's not. There are some servers where people have put some of the mods ported for 1.2.5 together on their Bukkit server and pass it off as Tekkit 3.0. Again, it is not Tekkit 3.0.

6. A note on ETA's, DO NOT ASK FOR ETA's:

I encourage you to read our Rules section. Asking ETA's is a no-no. Partly because we don't give them out, but mostly because we have no realistic idea (since no one works regular hours, as this is all volunteer based).

or the next comment on your post may read like this:

Man, who let this shitty topic continue unabated

or this:

Unfunny shithead gets hit with Hellen Keller status and Stupid Newbie avatar.

For those who would like to encourage those working on Tekkit and the Technic Pack to spend more time doing so or would merely like to thank them for their selfless effort, please visit this link:

http://www.technicpack.net/donate/

And please, stop clogging up the forums with posts anywhere near related to Tekkit 3.0

The need for a post like this saddens me. Why do people need more of an explanation of it isn't done? It just shows us that people really have stopped working because if they want it that bad they should compile it themselves instead of asking ten times.

1. Not all mods are ported to 1.2.5, being that RP2 and IC2 (if you don't know what those are you should not be posting on this forum) have only recently been ported, the hard work on making all mods compatible server-side has just begun.

Red Power 2 has been ported, but not released officially. As for Industrial Craft 2, there has been a stable 1.2.5 Bukkit port out for a while now.

That you know about :smug:

If I had not just bought Diablo III I would more than likely be offering my extensive expertise in the area of Java programming and ask you if I could join one of these mysterious servers. However, enjoy playing on them if you are haha :)

Red Power 2 has been ported, but not released officially. As for Industrial Craft 2, there has been a stable 1.2.5 Bukkit port out for a while now.

If you reread the post you'll see that I mentioned they have been ported and when saying recently ported I was referring to Redpower 2, maybe next time instead of taking 5 minutes to make a lengthy post I'll make one along the lines of "Stop f*cking posting about Tekkit 3.0 it's not here yet!"

Might wanna add that RP2 still haven't actually been ported.

It has been ported I have a copy running on my server RP2 author asked that it not be posted if anyone wants a copy msg me.

[img width=800]

[img width=800]

[img width=800]

[img width=800]

Mod Edit: Christ in heaven, use width=800 in your image tags

I appreciate tekkit, thanks to everyone hard work I can just concentrate on making a fun server. ? so go and enjoy some Diablo 3. I plan on enjoying tekkit 2 for a good long time.

Diablo 3 whats that don't you mean error 37?

The RP port was not of the correct build of RP, thats why it was removed. Its apparantly "not stable" for some reason.

But if you want to PM me it, ill be real gratefull, as we are working on our devbuildserver, plugins etc, and lack that port :)

The RP port was not of the correct build of RP, thats why it was removed. Its apparantly "not stable" for some reason.

But if you want to PM me it, ill be real grateful, as we are working on our devbuildserver, plugins etc, and lack that port :)

The 1 I have is the correct build(frames and all the new stuff) eloraam doesn't want it released because of several bugs(all of which are in the vanilla server version but that was released anyway). Been running it on my server for weeks haven't run into any major issues I have found bugs but again nothing game breaking. Here's a simple example of the redwire bug have a powered line leading to whatever say pistons if you put say a lever in the line and toggle it will pulse the line even tho its already powered. Another bug being light sensor breaks if you use server commands to change the time from day to night but fixes itself on next cycle. Also you cant charge the sonic screwdriver in the battery box. Those are the most major bugs Ive found.

Once again if anyone wants it just msg me.

Diablo III? You mean that new DRM'd game published by Ubisoft Blizzard?

I thought I bought Diablo 3 earlier this week. In fact, I even remember giving my credit card to a cashier, and remember that after paying, I walked out with a box with black and red artwork.

But, when I started to install, I was informed, very rudely, that I had not bought Diablo 3, but instead my payment was only for a license to use the product I was installing.

As I continued to read through the EULA, it basically said that the bits on the DVD are not mine. The bits on my hard drive are not mine, they are just residing on my property. All that I have own is a license to play the game.

I should be outraged, but a few hours into Act 1, I had forgotten about it entirely.

I thought I bought Diablo 3 earlier this week. In fact, I even remember giving my credit card to a cashier, and remember that after paying, I walked out with a box with black and red artwork.

But, when I started to install, I was informed, very rudely, that I had not bought Diablo 3, but instead my payment was only for a license to use the product I was installing.

As I continued to read through the EULA, it basically said that the bits on the DVD are not mine. The bits on my hard drive are not mine, they are just residing on my property. All that I have own is a license to play the game.

I should be outraged, but a few hours into Act 1, and I had forgotten about it entirely.

Why would you be outraged at the norm? They've been selling "licenses" of games for the past year or so, if memory serves.

Why would you be outraged at the norm? They've been selling "licenses" of games for the past year or so, if memory serves.

Past year? Unless you're buying full rights to the source code (and even then...), software has always been a license.

If I buy something it's my legal right to do anything with it that doesn't break any laws. Software is a license with a fuckton of rules and limitations imposed by the End User Licensing Agreement, making it against contract to do a lot of things that are normally legal (like reselling it, taking it apart, ect...).

Maybe so. But I don't think I had encountered a EULA written this way before.

It continued on by saying that items I looted in the game were not mine. Instead, I only had a license to use those items, at the discretion of Blizzard. Blizzard could still revoke those licenses at any time. This was similar to what I had seen in the WoW EULA.

But, then it continued on about how if I had spent $30 in the auction house for the license of a weapon, and then the weapon suddenly disappeared, I was entitled to ask for a refund.

Basically, the more I read the EULA, the more uneasy I became. I used to be in game development, and honestly I'd never even considered some of the things that were discussed in the EULA.

Blizzard seems to be ultra cautious with this game, just because of the RMAH. When you sell any item on the RMAH, $1.00 will go to Blizzard, no matter what. 15% of all money cashed out of the system also goes to Blizz. So, if you buy a pair of gloves for $1.01, the seller will make 85/100 of a cent, and Blizzard will make $1.0015. I'm pretty sure all the money that Blizz makes from the RMAH will be set aside for handling lawsuits for situations they couldn't have forseen.

----------

Anyway, I didn't mean to take this thread off-topic.

Can we get this post stickied? As a lazy couch potato, I like seeing the current status without actually doing any research. On second thought, please forget that I asked.

See, what companies nowadays are about isn't delivering a good product to the masses, it's fucking over the masses so hard they don't even know they're fucked over. And worming out of it once people know they're fucked over. I'm looking at you, EA.

See, what companies nowadays are about isn't delivering a good product to the masses, it's fucking over the masses so hard they don't even know they're fucked over. And worming out of it once people know they're fucked over. I'm looking at you, EA.

actually, the plan isn't to please the masses, or fuck them, it is to do random chit to rape the general public into buying their shitty ass game, and then rolling nakes in the huge piles of money they get, and then repeat.

yea even looking at the "Ports for 1.2.5" on mcportcentral everythinsg there even power converters!

now the fun of manually making the server. and modding the client. though ironicly i tried making a few posts on bukkit and the minecraftforums, bukkit forums i wont get a serious answer and everytime i made the post on the mcforums, a few mins later its deleted. (on a plugin system or atleast if there were mod sto vanilla to give commands)