Side-bar advertisements wearing less and less clothes?

Richie551

So, recently, I've noticed that some of the characters featured in side-bar advertisements are wearing less and less clothes. Anyone else noticed this, or am I the only one who glances at the side-bar advertisements on web pages? I don't really have a compairson to compare this to, but check out this image I just recently found in the side-bar of the technic pack forums:

aMMXM.png

I mean, I don't really mind it, but seriously, for some reason that seems like a much lesser amount of clothes than what I normally see in side-bar ads for things like games. Thoughts?

Heh yep. Tons of games advertise like this. The dark/night elf ones always kill me.

The best part is that they're always the exact same game, just with different names and graphics.

And none of those in-game graphics ever include the scantily clad women from the game's ads.

• Forum Administrators

I have AdBlock on since none of these ads help Technic and are just an intrinsic part of the forum software.

What? This can't be accurate.

Wait, I'm the only one who goes onto the forums with one hand on the keyboard, and the other lubed up with lotion?

I thought this was the norm! These ads speak to us as gamers, we're constantly masturbatory idiots who see boobs and think, "MUST BE PR0NZ CLEEK CLEEK CLEEK" without any regard for our computers OR are soon chafed to nothing penises.

I thought this was why we needed Dick Administrators?

Wait, I'm the only one who goes onto the forums with one hand on the keyboard, and the other lubed up with lotion?

I thought this was the norm! These ads speak to us as gamers, we're constantly masturbatory idiots who see boobs and think, "MUST BE PR0NZ CLEEK CLEEK CLEEK" without any regard for our computers OR are soon chafed to nothing penises.

I thought this was why we needed Dick Administrators?

You use these forums for that? Really? I visit , erm, real p*rns*t*s instead of masturbating to these dirty advertisements for games.

Oh, and some of us here are girls and I wonder how they think about this.

You use these forums for that? Really? I visit , erm, real p*rns*t*s instead of masturbating to these dirty advertisements for games.

Oh, and some of us here are girls and I wonder how they think about this.

There are females here? I'm gonna need a towel.

Do they know we have adblock and not pay out for our visits?

Sometimes if I play a game on Kongregate or a game from Armorgames (I don't play much anymore on those), I got a message of not helping the developers with the adblock enabled, so those ads might have something to detect adblocks.

Sometimes if I play a game on Kongregate or a game from Armorgames (I don't play much anymore on those), I got a message of not helping the developers with the adblock enabled, so those ads might have something to detect adblocks.

Low tech way is to put the ad banner over some text that chastizes someone for blocking ads. Ad loads, it gets covered. Ad doesn't load they can see the message.

For flash games I believe they just have the ad load code in the game itself and display the warning if the ad server fails to respond.

I've disabled adblock for these forums then. Every little helps.

Any other site can go fuck itself though.

Same.

Well, here and one webcomic that kindly asked people to turn adblockers off.

• Forum Administrators

Low tech way is to put the ad banner over some text that chastizes someone for blocking ads. Ad loads, it gets covered. Ad doesn't load they can see the message.

For flash games I believe they just have the ad load code in the game itself and display the warning if the ad server fails to respond.

Same.

Well, here and one webcomic that kindly asked people to turn adblockers off.

We're not worried at all about people blocking our ads. I'm not going to ask them to unblock them, it's their browser, their internet that brings them here. It IS NOT our right to shove ads in their faces. I'm also not going to try to guilt people into clicking ads or hiding a message saying 'oh no u blocked are ads pls unblock :( :( :(' because that's pathetic and stupid.