Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HenrikoMagnifico

problem
My custom modpack won't open in the Technic Launcher.

8 posts in this topic

So, I just made myself my first modpack yesterday (YaoPack). Everything seemed to go well, until I tried to download and play my modpack from the Technic Launcher. It loads the assets and everything, but it doesn't launch the game. It just closes and takes me back to the Technic Launcher! it starts up, but with no mods/forge installed! I have the link to the modpack here; http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/yaopack.617582

The download link that I used to upload the modpack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kj2zcuu8s4tgn5/YaoPack modpack.zip?dl=1

Anyone that knows what the problem is? :)

EDIT:
Also, the pack includes quite a few mods (I think it's 15). It might be one of them that are causing the problem, but I rather think it's something with my setup and if I placed all the files in their correct folders. Anyone who knows?

This thread belongs in Platform Pagoda. Hopefully a forum mod/admin will move it.

• The contents of your modpack archive are in a subfolder. The required folders (bin, config, Flan, mods, shaderpacks) must be at the top level of the folder structure inside the modpack archive.
  • The ZIP library used by the technic launcher does not like the character "§". You will need to remove that character from any file names (in the shaderpacks folder).
  • The shaderpacks folder contains another folder named shaderpacks under which the actual shader ZIP files exist. The ZIP files need to be moved up one folder.
  • Resource packs should not be included in the modpack archive and should always remain zipped (not extracted).
  • The legacyjavafixer mod is not required and should be removed.
  • The NEI mod should be updated to the latest 1.7.10 version available.

This thread belongs in Platform Pagoda. Hopefully a forum mod/admin will move it.

• The contents of your modpack archive are in a subfolder. The required folders (bin, config, Flan, mods, shaderpacks) must be at the top level of the folder structure inside the modpack archive.
  • The ZIP library used by the technic launcher does not like the character "§". You will need to remove that character from any file names (in the shaderpacks folder).
  • The shaderpacks folder contains another folder named shaderpacks under which the actual shader ZIP files exist. The ZIP files need to be moved up one folder.
  • Resource packs should not be included in the modpack archive and should always remain zipped (not extracted).
  • The legacyjavafixer mod is not required and should be removed.
  • The NEI mod should be updated to the latest 1.7.10 version available.

​Wow! Thank you very much!

I

I am having a similar issue, what do you mean by the contents of the modpack archive are in a subfolder.

@Dwoops:

The correct folder structure inside the archive will look like this:

--- bin
     |
     --- modpack.jar
--- config
     |
     --- (all your config files)
--- mods
     |
     --- (all your mods)

Being in a subfolder means that the folders: bin, config, mods , are inside another top level folder. That would be bad.

okay, i need help. I know barley anything about files and coding and i tried making a modpack.

Heres the download link:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/6rlc3ryilaavnng/Vivo Pack.zip?dl=0

Heres the modpack link:

http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/vivos-buildcraft-pack

when i launch it, everything is good, the mojang logo appears then it crashes and takes me back to the launcher :(

i need help please and thank you!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By Newkitty
      I've been playing on this world for quite a long time. but all of the sudden it wont let me load into the world. please help
      Minecraft Version: 1.6.4
      Java: 1.8.0_92

crash-2018-11-16_23.40.01-server.txt
    • By xSypho
      Hello, I have recently found a glitch where technic launcher will not open. I run it, but it does not create a .technic folder or open. Minecraft works perfectly fine and I found out it was something to do with java. I have tried reinstalling java and restarting my computer, virus scans, reinstalling technic, but nothing works. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit if it helps. Thanks. (Ill attach the java errors) Here's the text information. The program mmc.exe version 6.1.7601.23892 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
       Process ID: 1e50
       Start Time: 01d47e0a62f4ddd3
       Termination Time: 22
       Application Path: C:\windows\system32\mmc.exe
       Report Id: b8dfe13d-e9fd-11e8-a761-4c72b9081cf7
      The picture of it is attached.

• By Tx957
      Hey,
      I got an issue with my Tekkit Crashing every time I try to play it. I don't know if it occurs with other packs tho. My Java's up to date, and so are my Drivers. I will embed the Crash file here:
      ---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // I'm sorry, Dave. Time: 13.11.18 18:14 Description: Initializing game org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method) at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52) at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:244) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:449) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:808) at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131) at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27) A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Head -- Stacktrace: at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method) at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52) at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:244) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:449) -- Initialization -- Details: Stacktrace: at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:808) at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131) at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27) -- System Details -- Details: Minecraft Version: 1.6.4 Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0 Java Version: 1.8.0_191, Oracle Corporation Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation Memory: 291973816 bytes (278 MB) / 383778816 bytes (366 MB) up to 6681526272 bytes (6372 MB) JVM Flags: 3 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx7168m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0 FML: Launched Version: 1.6.4-Forge9.11.1.965 LWJGL: 2.9.0 OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread. Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge' Type: Client (map_client.txt) Resource Pack: Default Current Language: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null Profiler Position: N/A (disabled) Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null Thank You!
    • By KitKatz
      Ok so i thought i was my computer then i see other people are having the same problem when i load technic launcher its just stuck on the logo i cant do anything about it and i really want to do a modpack with a friend is there a way to fix this?
    • By ketchupboy2002
      Decided to make a custom modpack, combining the elements my friends and I wanted a lot of which came from Crazy Craft. It lets you download all the mods just fine, but when you click "play" it simply opens the vanilla version of minecraft without any mods. Here's the link to the pack http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/daboiz
      The dropbox link is here, note that at the end I have a 1 but put a 0 so you can view it better https://www.dropbox.com/s/415g98pnprntcwv/modpack.zip?dl=1
      Using 64bit Java, 8GB of memory. All help is appreciated!