equivalent exchange for smp?

andre120695

equivalent exchange is now out for smp! :) i was wondering if you will be putting it in, the technic pack for smp as some of the machines are impossible to make due to not being able to get enough diamond's, and you really need equivalent exchange in there or thaumcraft, to get enough diamonds.

wrong forum bro make a new thread for this

Wut? S/He's giving a way of getting more diamonds without EE or mining for them. Notice that the OP asks (ignoring the horrible abuse of the apostrophe, poor thing) if EE is being added going in partly because

some of the machines are impossible to make due to not being able to get enough diamond's, and you really need equivalent exchange in there or thaumcraft, to get enough diamonds.

wrong forum bro make a new thread for this

@the topic at hand: i would like this, play it with my firends and all

I'd like to see the mod added as well, bro.

Just trying to help the OP out with the problem of obtaining diamonds for now as it was his main reason for wanting EE. EE just got a SMP release and it might be a while until it is incorporated into Tekkit.

in my personal view, EE would be a game breaker very quickly in SMP. Any chance at an in game economy would be shot, and everyone would be making castles with diamond blocks.

Ideally admin could blacklist certain transmutations or up the cost of those items. Doubling the cost of diamond and not value is a sure fire way to discourage castles of diamond blocks.

EE's conversion rate of 1:1 is the real problem. It should cost something to transmute the item. Like a 10% fee for doing it.

All the other mods make you pay more than the diamond is worth to get it. IC2 arguably isn't with nearly infinite power builds and such, but it is really late in the game. The transmutation table is like the second thing you get in EE.

well, its not just the table thats a game breaker.

The bag is nice, but can be abused, especially with the repair talisman. Never need to craft anything new ever again! That diamond pickaxe will last me until i've mined all the mountains to cobblestone!

I never need to really work hard at finding diamonds, the divining rod will do that for me!

Blech. Too overpowered.

well, its not just the table thats a game breaker.

The bag is nice, but can be abused, especially with the repair talisman. Never need to craft anything new ever again! That diamond pickaxe will last me until i've mined all the mountains to cobblestone!

I never need to really work hard at finding diamonds, the divining rod will do that for me!

Blech. Too overpowered.

Yeah you're right I wasn't thinking beyond the TT.

If it were much much MUCH harder to obtain those items then it would be a little more balanced.

Would you spend a diamond block to make an alchemical chest or repair talismen?

Alchemical bags wouldn't be too bad, same for chests.

I like some of the EE items quite a bit, but in SMP they become brutal grief tools even if griefing wasn't intended... "Sorry I accidentally used the Destruction Catalyst through your underground base."

They would have to make (their) SMP a lot more balanced and that isn't something Tekkit is going to do for them.

Given Thaumcraft and EE to choose between I'd like to see Thaumcraft in SMP (I know they don't have one). EE would have to be regulated far too much to not have it destroy everything. I keep "trying" to balance it in my head and its a lot of friggen work. :)

Edit: Grammar Nazi'd my self.

I sincerely hope not. As has been brought up in every other thread about this topic, (there have been many) balance and appropriateness are a chief concern. If server administrators are to nerf this to a gloomy reflection of what this mod can do in single player (a valid concern, as it's chiefly balanced for single, not multi-player), why include it at all ? It creates more problems that it solves and it changes the theme of the game. I honestly would rather not add that bitter flavor to my server and would rather focus on additions that enhance the global player experience; social dynamics give minecraft different flavors when exposed to different modifications.

Using a Bukkit permissions mod potentially destructive items could be kept out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them.

I just got my little brother in to technic. First thing he did with a nuclear reactor was stuff it full of uranium cells in the middle of a millenaire village. It got me to thinking - as I watched him plow through another village with the jetpack and laser rifle - technic is REALLY easy to grief in. It's also all about individual play styles. I want the option to use EE mod on my private server, especially because it's safer than letting people have /give privileges.

He's about to start playing around with quarries. There isn't a faster way to unintentionally and permanently screw up an underground base than to have a 50x50 quarry, with water on the surface so it'll mine through lava, bore through it.

I sincerely hope not. As has been brought up in every other thread about this topic, (there have been many) balance and appropriateness are a chief concern. If server administrators are to nerf this to a gloomy reflection of what this mod can do in single player (a valid concern, as it's chiefly balanced for single, not multi-player), why include it at all ? It creates more problems that it solves and it changes the theme of the game. I honestly would rather not add that bitter flavor to my server and would rather focus on additions that enhance the global player experience; social dynamics give minecraft different flavors when exposed to different modifications.

If a server owner is so concerned with it, they could turn it off.

Simple as that.

It looks like EE is working on balance for SMP....

I've always had issues with the mod /because/ it gives easy access to diamonds. It removes the scarcity of them, and other materials, which is great for a makeshift creative where you get items in proportion to time invested (ignoring the infinate generation technics)...

Even being able to do charcoal -> coal alone can really mess with IC2.

It looks like EE is working on balance for SMP....

I've always had issues with the mod /because/ it gives easy access to diamonds. It removes the scarcity of them, and other materials, which is great for a makeshift creative where you get items in proportion to time invested (ignoring the infinate generation technics)...

Even being able to do charcoal -> coal alone can really mess with IC2.

And then you realize the top tier armor in EE costs 40,000 diamonds worth in EMC.

After playing with EE in SSP, I'm pretty confident the only thing that really needs to be disabled in EE is Nova catalyst/cataclysm, especially in the nether with nether ores enabled and all.

I ended up yanking nearly a stack of nether diamonds out of there with one TNT, one mobius fuel, and two aternalis fuel, all of which were made out of coal i'd already dug up by the time I could make a philosopher's stone.

Server owners might want to limit the number of energy collectors players get due to performance issues(or at least require they make mk3 collectors/relays before making a new one), but I don't see why it'd need to be outright removed. You can't make a diamond out of 64, or even 512 cobblestone anymore. It's 8194 or something close. The progression seems to mimic buildcraft quarries more now. You dig up 11 diamonds, you make a quarry. Your quarry digs up 11 diamonds, you make another quarry. Your quarries dig up 11 more diamonds, you make another quarry. And so on, and so on.

EE would completely break tekkit, even if the transmutations were made more expensive.

With buildcraft i can quickly set up a repeating energy collector setup that upgrades glowstone into mobius fuel. With this i can get enough resources to scale it up and get exponentially more and more energy collectors.

The bottom line is, within 10 hours of playing i could have top level armor and weapons. This mod would completely destroy the balance of tekkit.

EE would completely break tekkit, even if the transmutations were made more expensive.

With buildcraft i can quickly set up a repeating energy collector setup that upgrades glowstone into mobius fuel. With this i can get enough resources to scale it up and get exponentially more and more energy collectors.

The bottom line is, within 10 hours of playing i could have top level armor and weapons. This mod would completely destroy the balance of tekkit.

That doesn't seem any more efficient than just letting it cook all the way to aternalis fuel and then dumping it into an energy condenser.

@watchful, since you play on my server I am not sure you could do it in 10! hours, maybe 12 :) .. but I do have mixed feelings about this as a server operator. On one side I like complex systems and I like options so I personally want it. But we spend a lot of time on the HammerCraft server trying to work out balance of resources and without personal testing I am not sure how easy or hard it is other than the hear-say that I get from these forums.

However, it does not take much these days to make a poop-load of UU matter and get pretty much anything you want. I already have MANY stacks of UU and our map is not that old. So, in the long run I am not sure that EE will make much of a difference.

Just my 2 cents.

However' date=' it does not take much these days to make a poop-load of UU matter and get pretty much anything you want. I already have MANY stacks of UU and our map is not that old. So, in the long run I am not sure that EE will make much of a difference.[/quote']

UU matter is more balanced than EMC though, as unless you dug up fifty stacks of iron for a HV Solar Array farm, you're pretty much going to be using nuclear reactors to power Mass Fabs, which means you need Uranium, which means you actually need to mine.

EE completely negates the necessity of mining once you have 1 of each thing (not hard to do), and some Collectors.

To me, that's one big difference between "Survival" Multiplayer (SMP) and "Creative" Multiplayer (CMP).

EDIT: I guess I should also add, if as a server op you're trying to make an in-game economy, then of course EE is going to break it. However, if your server is sparsely populated and filled with people doing their own thing thousands of blocks away from each other, EE may not be that game-breaking. Sure, it's the easy way out of the "Survival" part of SMP but you're not doing so for yourself and others at those distances & with that few people.

UU matter is more balanced than EMC though, as unless you dug up fifty stacks of iron for a HV Solar Array farm, you're pretty much going to be using nuclear reactors to power Mass Fabs, which means you need Uranium, which means you actually need to mine.

I disagree here. I have 4 MV arrays and make a stack and a half a day. It does not take many days before I have more UU than I know what to do with. No reactors and no fifty stacks of iron. ;)