• mod_ironchests-server-3.6.1.34-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5.zip
  • notenoughitems-server-1.2.2.3-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5.zip
  • redpower-all-2.0p5b2-mcpc1.2.5-r8.zip
  • wrcbe-core-server-1.2.2-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5.zip
  • wrcbe-addons-server-1.2.2-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5.zip
  • wrcbe-redpower-server-1.2.2-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5.zip
  • zimmibis-core49.1.0-tubestuff-49.1.0-mcpc1.2.5.zip

And lastly, update to craftbukkit mcpc 1.2.5 build 162

Most of this can be done without changing configs in most mods, some need to be reconfigured (but shouldn't take much time, since you can use the same block/item ID's).

Tested it out on a testserver and it fixes a LOT of bugs, especially in EE.

If tekkit staff wants me to, I can put together a new modpack.jar or just post a list with links to where the mods can be found while supplying the new config files.

I really hope the tekkit team takes this into consideration, since 3.0.4 needs some severe attention when talking about cpu/ram usage as well as other small bugs.

I strongly support this suggestion. A lot of these mods have added loads since Tekkit 3, including bug fixes. But with EE3 coming out soon, some things may be affected and they made need to push another release of tekkit out. I really think the people working on tekkit should take this thread into mind. :)

OP, the CPU and memory usage for Tekkit is (for the most part) caused by Buildcraft. Bugs are bugs. Tekkit can't push a new update every time a bugfix comes out, because server owners everywhere would miss the memo and bitch when their clients can't connect because someone wasn't watching their version numbers. They try to grab the most-stable (at the time) version of each mod and cram them together.

The bugfixes will be implemented in due time, of course, but it's not possible for Tekkit to stay up-to-the-minute with new versions. The devs behind the pack have personal and work lives that (believe it or not) don't revolve around Minecraft (also the client-server version mismatch problems from not paying attention).

If you want to add and fix stuff and submit a modpack.jar to the team, then by all means, go ahead! You may very well make someone's job a hell of a lot easier, and expedite the process of the current dev cycle.

OP, the CPU and memory usage for Tekkit is (for the most part) caused by Buildcraft. Bugs are bugs. Tekkit can't push a new update every time a bugfix comes out, because server owners everywhere would miss the memo and bitch when their clients can't connect because someone wasn't watching their version numbers. They try to grab the most-stable (at the time) version of each mod and cram them together.

The bugfixes will be implemented in due time, of course, but it's not possible for Tekkit to stay up-to-the-minute with new versions. The devs behind the pack have personal and work lives that (believe it or not) don't revolve around Minecraft (also the client-server version mismatch problems from not paying attention).

If you want to add and fix stuff and submit a modpack.jar to the team, then by all means, go ahead! You may very well make someone's job a hell of a lot easier, and expedite the process of the current dev cycle.

It's just that imo, tekkit 3.0.4 is somewhat broken. So many errors and bugs that have been fixed. Personally, I think that Tekkit 3 was pushed out too quickly. I would gladly have waited for a more stable version, before changing from 2.1.0 (which by the time Tekkit 3 came out, were many times more stable than Tekkit 3 is now).

Serverowners can update mods themselfe if they didnt know that. Just use the correct version, grab the most updated revisions of that version, and voila ... RP have had 8 updates since the serverpack was released. Its pretty easy to do:

http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.2.5

Disclaimer: Dont blame me if ur server breaks due to faulty updating

Serverowners can update mods themselfe if they didnt know that. Just use the correct version, grab the most updated revisions of that version, and voila ... RP have had 8 updates since the serverpack was released. Its pretty easy to do:

http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.2.5

Disclaimer: Dont blame me if ur server breaks due to faulty updating

Have been doing that since tekkit 2 - but you can only update revisions, not versions.

• Forum Administrators

Like Kaker said... thanks for letting us know that we need to update things for the next update!

Do you think we are going to release 3.1 with no changes or something?

Wow, I was trying to come up with a simple suggestion - a helping hand, and all i get is a bashing. Won't be doing that again for some time...

Your "simple suggestion" is so simple it's almost patronizing.

Wow, I was trying to come up with a simple suggestion - a helping hand, and all i get is a bashing. Won't be doing that again for some time...

Probably for the best considering that you're pretty much telling a group of guys who have been doing this long enough to grasp the obvious, which apparently is bordering on ingenious for you. Then you decided to whine about the bugs and say that it got released too quickly. Despite that the bugs you're claiming really aren't the fault of the actual pack. That is due to some of the mods alone that have their own bugs, which is out of their control.

Your simple suggestion was more than that, it was a condescending remark followed by complaining and whining. Please, do us all a favor, don't do that ever again.

Probably for the best considering that you're pretty much telling a group of guys who have been doing this long enough to grasp the obvious, which apparently is bordering on ingenious for you. Then you decided to whine about the bugs and say that it got released too quickly. Despite that the bugs you're claiming really aren't the fault of the actual pack. That is due to some of the mods alone that have their own bugs, which is out of their control.

Your simple suggestion was more than that, it was a condescending remark followed by complaining and whining. Please, do us all a favor, don't do that ever again.

Not at all. When I posted this, it was because I hadn't seen any development on tekkit for a while and thought that a gesture of good will would help push it forward. I was clearly mistaken (and misunderstood for the most part). It was never in my interest to be condescending (unlike you), I merely suggested an update of the mods that were bugged, however, I had no idea the tekkit team were actually working on this behind the scenes (which of course I could have told myself - and I apologize for that). I will butt out of this for good, as per your request.

• 3 months later...