1.7.10 Realm of mianite 36 slot Private server [18+]

Hello all! We are looking to add to our community, playing on a private server running the "Realm of mianite" modpack.

(modpack can be found here http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/realm-of-mianite.579505  the server runs modpack version 1.2.1RC1_B2_A1

Our server is hosted on the East coast (USA)

We are all hard working adults who enjoy to come home, relax, and have some fun on MC. We are looking for like minded individuals to join.

We have players from ages 20 to 30, both male and female.

I would like to request that all players who contact me about joining be at least 18 years old.  We are a close group of friends and we generally have a skype call going with 2-4 people, so a microphone and willingness to chat is preferred (but not required)

Standard server etiquette applies, please do not grief, steal, harass, etc.

PVP is disabled.

Pranks are welcome if you are familiar and in good standing with the other player.

Please refrain from chunk loaders, and the Ender quarry is recommended over the BC quarry, as the ender quarry has less load on the server, and is more efficient for gathering materials.

Username:

Name (optional):

Hobbies (both on and off minecraft):

What are you looking for in a server:

Why you think we would be a good fit:

IP: 74.63.198.3:26063

Hope to hear from you soon,

-Biro

Edited by Biroxan

IGN: Beldhyr

Details: After playing for 2 years on a similarly friendly server, I got a bit bored with the two mods installed there.  (Yes, just 2, but good ones.)  I wanted to play with different blocks, essentially.  Minecraft is my creative outlet, although I've never been one for creative mode.

Around the first of the year, I started playing on a Hexxit server for about a week.  It was one of those large, impersonal servers that gives way too much stuff for voting their server up, and encourages "donations."  The server reset, and I wasn't going to start over, so I moved to AotB and found a wonderful small community.  That server switched modpacks to an unofficial 1.7 update, resetting the world after a few weeks.  Well, I didn't want to start from scratch again, but I did anyway for the community.  Now that server seems to be gone, and has been for over a week.  This is what I was working on on the last server, the cathedral of thaumaturgy, if you'd like a sample of my building style.

I'd like a community that plans to be around a while.  If you plan to *ever* reset the world, I am not interested. :P

Edit: A few more notes.

1. I'm a little older than your current group.  2. I may have different hours, usually on at night (I work 3rd shift and play at work).  3. I don't skype.  I hate having it open while I'm trying to play. 4. I don't grief, or prank, or see any point in it.  5. I will protect my bed from witchery taglocks at all costs (I was cursed in AotB, and it almost made me quit--it interfered with gameplay and there was basically no chance I'd ever be able to remove it).

As for community goes, I am probably going to build alone, at least at first.  I love having people around to chat with, and sharing things I've built or looking at things others have built, but I wouldn't want to start out in a cooperative build (especially if I don't trust your tastes yet!).

I have never played Realm of Mianite.

Ok, I think that's everything for now. :P

Edited by Beldhyr
Added information.

It would help if you put the age restriction in the title of the thread so you don't waste people's time. Don't worry though, I forgive you.

​Added, thank you for the feedback.

IGN: Beldhyr

Details: After playing for 2 years on a similarly friendly server, I got a bit bored with the two mods installed there.  (Yes, just 2, but good ones.)  I wanted to play with different blocks, essentially.  Minecraft is my creative outlet, although I've never been one for creative mode.

Around the first of the year, I started playing on a Hexxit server for about a week.  It was one of those large, impersonal servers that gives way too much stuff for voting their server up, and encourages "donations."  The server reset, and I wasn't going to start over, so I moved to AotB and found a wonderful small community.  That server switched modpacks to an unofficial 1.7 update, resetting the world after a few weeks.  Well, I didn't want to start from scratch again, but I did anyway for the community.  Now that server seems to be gone, and has been for over a week.  This is what I was working on on the last server, the cathedral of thaumaturgy, if you'd like a sample of my building style.

I'd like a community that plans to be around a while.  If you plan to *ever* reset the world, I am not interested. :P

Edit: A few more notes.

1. I'm a little older than your current group.  2. I may have different hours, usually on at night (I work 3rd shift and play at work).  3. I don't skype.  I hate having it open while I'm trying to play. 4. I don't grief, or prank, or see any point in it.  5. I will protect my bed from witchery taglocks at all costs (I was cursed in AotB, and it almost made me quit--it interfered with gameplay and there was basically no chance I'd ever be able to remove it).

As for community goes, I am probably going to build alone, at least at first.  I love having people around to chat with, and sharing things I've built or looking at things others have built, but I wouldn't want to start out in a cooperative build (especially if I don't trust your tastes yet!).

I have never played Realm of Mianite.

Ok, I think that's everything for now. :P

​Beldhyr, you seem to have a similar mindset to the majority of our players.

To address your concerns:

1. Being quite a bit older is not an issue, one of our closest gaming friends (who does not play MC anymore) is in his 60s, you will just have to see if you can tolerate us 20-30 somethings :P
2. you probably wont be alone on night shift, we have a player who works third shift as well, and plays around those times.

3. As stated before, skype is not required, friendly chats in game are fine if you like.

4. pranks for the most part are small and rare, we will make sure members are aware you do not wish to participate in such activity.
5. I dont think you have much to worry about with that, as taglocks would fall into the "prank" category as far as i am concerned, if it ever gets that bad with something (where you would be cursed, though i doubt that would happen here) I would do my best to find a way to reverse the effects. Having a game unplayable due to another individuals actions is completely unfair to the player.

6. I am against resets myself, the only situations where a reset would happen is if an unavoidable event occurs (server host issue that deletes the world), or if an overwhelming majority of players motion for a reset (im talking 90%+). As far as the core members of the server go, we are against resets and I plan to keep the server/modpack/map as is for the indefinite future, and have no interest in changing it. (assuming there are no unavoidable issues as stated above)

As for building, you are more than welcome to build solo. We only truly have 1 decent builder right now. As for myself, my designs and structure are fine, but my block choice/color scheme choices are TERRIBLE. Maybe i could learn some things from seeing your builds :P

My only concern for you (despite being a solo builder) is that due to you mainly being on at night, and our low player base, that we would seem like a dead server to you. You are more than welcome to come try it out. The Mianite modpack has just about every mod I have ever wanted to try and more.

I have edited the original post with the server IP. When you get time, go ahead and connect if you would like to try the server/modpack out - you *should* be kicked on first attempt, at which point i will change your role to member. (as you have to have tried to connect once for me to do so, we are having issues with the standard whitelist process and this is the work around we have at the moment. The server hosting admins are looking for a solution that does not clash with the mods.)

EDIT: whitelist appears to be working correctly after the update (updated server due to timeout issues) so go ahead and try joining if you like, I added you to the list.

Edited by Biroxan

Username: Captain_cronus

Name (optional):

Hobbies (both on and off minecraft): going to the gym and league

What are you looking for in a server: a good community 

Why you think we would be a good fit: pretty good guy. friendly

Edited by neonmagic

Username: jakeb79

Name: Jacob, but jake is preferred. 

Hobbies: Playing with my dogs, watching a few t.v. shows, playing games with friends and/or family, etc. 

What I'm looking for in a server: I recently started playing minecraft again after a hiatus that lasted over a year and the thing I missed the most is the server experience. I played with the FTB and Tekkit and modpacks and I really enjoyed having a lot of content to play with, but I want something a little different now. I'm looking for a smallish server with more mature players who just want to have fun and build cool stuff together. I remember playing on several servers where I had to go underground and hide when I was starting out and I don't want to do that again. 

Why you think we would be a good fit: You are against griefing,pranking, stealing, and have a smaller, more mature group of players. Your mod pack has a lot of unknowns for me so it would be fun trying to figure it all out. I want a server that isn't going to be reset anytime soon and based on your comments above I think you are against that. 

Username: Captain_cronus

Name (optional):

Hobbies (both on and off minecraft): going to the gym and league

What are you looking for in a server: a good community 

Why you think we would be a good fit: pretty good guy. friendly

Username: jakeb79

Name: Jacob, but jake is preferred. 

Hobbies: Playing with my dogs, watching a few t.v. shows, playing games with friends and/or family, etc. 

What I'm looking for in a server: I recently started playing minecraft again after a hiatus that lasted over a year and the thing I missed the most is the server experience. I played with the FTB and Tekkit and modpacks and I really enjoyed having a lot of content to play with, but I want something a little different now. I'm looking for a smallish server with more mature players who just want to have fun and build cool stuff together. I remember playing on several servers where I had to go underground and hide when I was starting out and I don't want to do that again. 

Why you think we would be a good fit: You are against griefing,pranking, stealing, and have a smaller, more mature group of players. Your mod pack has a lot of unknowns for me so it would be fun trying to figure it all out. I want a server that isn't going to be reset anytime soon and based on your comments above I think you are against that. 

​Both of you are whitelisted and should be able to join the server without issue. Just a reminder, we are running modpack version 1.2.1RC1_B2_A1

IGN: Later_Gater

name: robert/bobby (but I tend to just go by gater in game)

Hobbies: I'm a cook by trade but when i'm at home its mostly gaming and netflix. but I enjoy the out doors and spend some of my weekends camping and such.

What i'm looking for in the server: Mostly i am hoping to find a long term community that does not disband after a couple months like most servers. I enjoy the small server aspect with people who interact with one another. i hope this server can offer something like that.

Why would i be a good fit: I love interacting with other players and enjoy seeing what they have built. as I already stated I enjoy smaller servers and maturity is just a plus. And as others have stated above I hope for longevity in the server life.

hope to hear back soon!

Username: lordarmand83

Name (optional): doug

Hobbies (both on and off minecraft):on minecraft build mine gather supplies, the usual if with a good group will have fun with pvp or pve , off mine craft i am a huge nerd, D&D, WOD, any rpg really pc games like obilivion etc., MtG, Pokemon games, reading, drawing, cooking 

What are you looking for in a server: a good solid community 

Why you think we would be a good fit: i am a respectable person, i don't like greifers or trash talkers (unless it is the good banter) and like to build from my imagination and not blueprints or pics granted i can do those but i prefer to build from my mind

IGN: Later_Gater

name: robert/bobby (but I tend to just go by gater in game)

Hobbies: I'm a cook by trade but when i'm at home its mostly gaming and netflix. but I enjoy the out doors and spend some of my weekends camping and such.

What i'm looking for in the server: Mostly i am hoping to find a long term community that does not disband after a couple months like most servers. I enjoy the small server aspect with people who interact with one another. i hope this server can offer something like that.

Why would i be a good fit: I love interacting with other players and enjoy seeing what they have built. as I already stated I enjoy smaller servers and maturity is just a plus. And as others have stated above I hope for longevity in the server life.

hope to hear back soon!

Username: lordarmand83

Name (optional): doug

Hobbies (both on and off minecraft):on minecraft build mine gather supplies, the usual if with a good group will have fun with pvp or pve , off mine craft i am a huge nerd, D&D, WOD, any rpg really pc games like obilivion etc., MtG, Pokemon games, reading, drawing, cooking 

What are you looking for in a server: a good solid community 

Why you think we would be a good fit: i am a respectable person, i don't like greifers or trash talkers (unless it is the good banter) and like to build from my imagination and not blueprints or pics granted i can do those but i prefer to build from my mind

Both are whitelisted, Please make sure you are running the correct version of the modpack before you join :) welcome.

Another "slightly older than 30" guy here. You kind of go overboard with the mods but I imagine I can just ignore the ones I don't care for.

Username: fallenvalkyrie

Name (optional): I usually go by 'athy'

Hobbies (both on and off minecraft): Cooking, TRPGs (been running them for two decades now), hobbyist translations, drinking, reading, writing (might try for NaNoWrMo this year)

What are you looking for in a server: I want to explore a bunch of the old magicy/fantasy mods that I haven't played on in a while and was hoping for a community to do it in. I've been to other servers but the age difference is so huge I end up just getting annoyed nonstop by kids less than half my age. I already am staff on a decent sided RP server, I'm just here to have fun and hang with some nice people and build/explore.

Why you think we would be a good fit: From all the comments in the thread it sounds like it might be a community I could fit in. Don't know until I try but I'm very much a do-my-own-thing and join-with-others-when-it-suits-us and it sounds like the rest of the group feels the same. I'm laid back and while I not exactly a creative builder I have a massive back-list of schematics I work from so I can put nicely shaped things that others have put online to help those of us who are "designingly challenged" XD

Username: THEMADBAMF

Name (optional): Mike
Hobbies (both on and off minecraft): I run track and XC. I'm also a pole vaulter

What are you looking for in a server: A nice community thats not huge but is a decent size.

Why you think we would be a good fit: I like teaming up with some people and having a small squad and I hate playing on the official server where people are just killing and stealing 

Username: techstar

Name (optional):

Hobbies (both on and off minecraft): (on) playing whith friends (off) going out whith friends

What are you looking for in a server: a great place to play whith other people and enjoy

Why you think we would be a good fit: i play quite some minecraft and support people who are in trouble.

Username:Warmachinex19

Name (optional):Kyle

Hobbies (both on and off minecraft): online: condenssed automation, farming, and hunting mobs with obscure weapons. offline, reading, cooking, 

What are you looking for in a server: very little pvp, lots of interconnecting mods to facilitate automation, and railcraft. (I like minecarts.)

Why you think we would be a good fit: The modpack has all the things on my list of things that I want in a server, and the smaller community/whitelisting will help ward off the insanity of a public server. I can also be on very often so I can progress things for people when they have to head to work/school/training/etc..

Another "slightly older than 30" guy here. You kind of go overboard with the mods but I imagine I can just ignore the ones I don't care for.

Username: fallenvalkyrie

Name (optional): I usually go by 'athy'

Hobbies (both on and off minecraft): Cooking, TRPGs (been running them for two decades now), hobbyist translations, drinking, reading, writing (might try for NaNoWrMo this year)

What are you looking for in a server: I want to explore a bunch of the old magicy/fantasy mods that I haven't played on in a while and was hoping for a community to do it in. I've been to other servers but the age difference is so huge I end up just getting annoyed nonstop by kids less than half my age. I already am staff on a decent sided RP server, I'm just here to have fun and hang with some nice people and build/explore.

Why you think we would be a good fit: From all the comments in the thread it sounds like it might be a community I could fit in. Don't know until I try but I'm very much a do-my-own-thing and join-with-others-when-it-suits-us and it sounds like the rest of the group feels the same. I'm laid back and while I not exactly a creative builder I have a massive back-list of schematics I work from so I can put nicely shaped things that others have put online to help those of us who are "designingly challenged" XD

​You have been whitelisted for awhile valkyrie, sorry i did not post after doing so.

Username: THEMADBAMF

Name (optional): Mike
Hobbies (both on and off minecraft): I run track and XC. I'm also a pole vaulter

What are you looking for in a server: A nice community thats not huge but is a decent size.

Why you think we would be a good fit: I like teaming up with some people and having a small squad and I hate playing on the official server where people are just killing and stealing 

​whitelisted ^

Username: techstar

Name (optional):

Hobbies (both on and off minecraft): (on) playing whith friends (off) going out whith friends

What are you looking for in a server: a great place to play whith other people and enjoy

Why you think we would be a good fit: i play quite some minecraft and support people who are in trouble.

​Whitelist ^

Username:Warmachinex19

Name (optional):Kyle

Hobbies (both on and off minecraft): online: condenssed automation, farming, and hunting mobs with obscure weapons. offline, reading, cooking, 

What are you looking for in a server: very little pvp, lots of interconnecting mods to facilitate automation, and railcraft. (I like minecarts.)

Why you think we would be a good fit: The modpack has all the things on my list of things that I want in a server, and the smaller community/whitelisting will help ward off the insanity of a public server. I can also be on very often so I can progress things for people when they have to head to work/school/training/etc..

​Whitelisted ^

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. Me and my girlfriend (22 and 27 years old) are looking for a server to play Realm of Mianite with other friendly people and this seems like a great one. 

Username: AlexTheMaster22 and ArchitectOfLight

Name (optional): Alex and Teresa

Hobbies (both on and off minecraft): videogames, music, sports.

To have fun with friendly people mainly.  The fact that the people in the server is our age is also great since we probably share the same mindset.  We are not really competitive in MC, so the friendlier the server is the better for us.  Its fun to play by ourselves, but its even more fun to play with other people that share common lifes/interests.

LIke I mentioned above, we are not really competitive people. We are really friendly and looking to have a good time after we get back from work and we are all stressed.  We do not like to mess with anyone in a bad way and I think we both share the same mindset as you guys in the server.

Hello. Me and my girlfriend (22 and 27 years old) are looking for a server to play Realm of Mianite with other friendly people and this seems like a great one. 

Username: AlexTheMaster22 and ArchitectOfLight

Name (optional): Alex and Teresa

Hobbies (both on and off minecraft): videogames, music, sports.

To have fun with friendly people mainly.  The fact that the people in the server is our age is also great since we probably share the same mindset.  We are not really competitive in MC, so the friendlier the server is the better for us.  Its fun to play by ourselves, but its even more fun to play with other people that share common lifes/interests.

LIke I mentioned above, we are not really competitive people. We are really friendly and looking to have a good time after we get back from work and we are all stressed.  We do not like to mess with anyone in a bad way and I think we both share the same mindset as you guys in the server.

​Whitelisted, welcome :)

Username:TakeMyAccount

Name (optional):Cody

Hobbies (both on and off minecraft):  Video games, Outdoor Activities

What are you looking for in a server: I am looking for a fun and respectful community with people that are more mature 

Why you think we would be a good fit: Your community is people that will be more mature and not as competitive as other servers. Which is something I am looking for.

Edited by takemyaccount

Username: Bopkasen

Name (optional):

Hobbies (both on and off minecraft): Computer Repair and Taking Care of Loved one

What are you looking for in a server: Tech and some people

Why you think we would be a good fit: Helpful to modpack items

Update: Block delay server. No server restart is causing this while people are allowed to run chunkloader. I'll try what I can but don't think I can get much building done on the server.

Edited by Bopkasen

• Moderators

Username is AetherPirate

Name: John

I'd like a server with a long term map, casual adult players (no screaming tweens), and no griefing. Just friendly people who jump on occasionally after work to play. I usually play solo, but enjoy seeing what other people are up to, chatting sometimes, and helping when I can. I've been playing exclusively with the major tech mods, but branching out into magic sounds fun too. 

I mostly enjoy building. I guess Minecraft is my hobby. 

Here's an example of a base I've been working on:

http://imgur.com/fPPQEGh

http://imgur.com/BzMA9Rs

A mining drill complex:

http://imgur.com/EFKUEJx

Hope to see others' work, and learn a bit more artistry. All my stuff becomes factories. 

Question: Are you allowed one chunkloader at your base to keep things going while you are away?

• 5 weeks later...