How to install skins on technic launcher?

Megatomic

The technic launcher doesn't give you the ability to -install skins-, but rather to only view the characters you saved. To change your skin, you'll have to visit Minecraft.net

FYI: Technic launcher uses your Minecraft.net credentials, they don't have their own. It's merely the hub for supported mods.

why would you need to instal a skin unlees your none premuim?

in which case you have a cracked launcher?

but i assume your thinking about texture packs?

A cracked launcher?

Don't be silly that doesn't exist.

Unless you install Technic and Tekkit manually through a cracked Minecraft launcher.

Never mind, I discovered this.

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/i-cracked-the-launcher-d.3983/

• 9 months later...

HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SKIN ON TECHNICLAUCHER TEKKIT CRACKED

Open "RUN"

Type in: %appdata%

Go on ".techniclauncher"

Click on "tekkit"

Open "bin"

Open "minecraft.jar" (with WinRAR)

Go in "mob" file

Replace "char.png" with new skin (that you will rename "char.png")

I hope this helps my friend.

HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SKIN ON TECHNICLAUCHER TEKKIT CRACKED

Open "RUN"

Type in: %appdata%

Go on ".techniclauncher"

Click on "tekkit"

Open "bin"

Open "minecraft.jar" (with WinRAR)

Go in "mob" file

Replace "char.png" with new skin (that you will rename "char.png")

I hope this helps my friend.

I actually don't know how to respond to this....

Not only is this a total necro, but this would only make you see the default skin as whatever you put without solving the original problem (?), is (in a small way) advocating piracy, and the technic launcher doesn't even use the .techniclauncher directory any more....

Edit: and the caps are annoying

It worked for me asshole. I like caps, it's not my fault you're an uneducated prick. Maybe I misunderstood the question. Whatever.

Your words burn, considering you're making random negative assumptions about me based on one post. They really do.

It worked for me asshole. I like caps, it's not my fault you're an uneducated prick. Maybe I misunderstood the question. Whatever.

Man, you're so cool, you can call people on the Internet mean names. Look mom, without hands! Idiot.

There isn't a cracked launcher, and even if your solution made any sense, it uses a old launcher. Also, caps just make you seem almost as stupid as what you actually say does.

I misunderstood the question, I apologize. I just want to add that nedned2k insulted me first on the way I type...real mature.

Oh, you've been insulted. By one person. On the internet. It wasn't even really that much of an insult, and I, in fact, meant it as criticism rather than attacking you. Here's some advice, if you'll take it: a thicker skin does the community a world of good.

Also there have been, from what I hear, some issues involving skins on the Launcher. Upload your skin to your account on Minecraft.net, and it'll be on your character on the Launcher. It may not show up on the Launcher but it'll show up in-game.

The reason it might show up incorrectly in the launcher (White head) is because Paint can't handle transparency. So it colours all transparent parts white instead, including the parts where your "hat" goes. Minecraft recognizes this and will simply not show the hat at all, but Technic Launcher doesn't and your head will be covered with white.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
On 5/20/2013 at 3:03 AM, Xylord said:

Man, you're so cool, you can call people on the Internet mean names. Look mom, without hands! Idiot.

There isn't a cracked launcher, and even if your solution made any sense, it uses a old launcher. Also, caps just make you seem almost as stupid as what you actually say does.

FArtPhoenix.dot or Poo-luncher.new are some cracker lunchers

Edited by Munaus

• Moderators

This thread was dead 6 years ago. Applaud this genius who thinks the internet doesn't already know there are cracker lunchers out there.

Back under your rock you go, locking this undead thread.