Why not give idiots what they apparently need?

LazDude2012

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way, you think that they'd make more if they cut out the middleman. Why don't they get together, make a mod database, and slap some google adsense on there? Everyone profits, people don't get viruses, fun times all around.

GOOGLE ADSENSE?!

You're better off using the holy adf.ly -> ad.cx -> adf.ly trio.

This trolling session brought to you by Google Adsense

Slowpoke explains a lot here:

http://www.feed-the-beast.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5

It's kind of egg in the face for Kakermix, the link to the IC2 forums in which he is losing an argument against RichardG (IC2) and CovertJaguar (Railcraft) is quite funny. FTB pack is going to be great with such a nice leader (Slowpoke) :P

are you trying to provide intelligent conversation to this thread or thinly hiding a veil of technic hate behind your post hoping to instigate some troll fun?

All I see is the same confirmation bias nonsense as everywhere else. That thread serves no purpose for us.

How is it biased? It is obvious Slowpoke has done his research, the fact that Kaker said on that forum that he did not bother with permissons is true. If anything I am probably one of the least biased people here, as all the people on here are pro-tekkit as it is on their forums. I'm neither anti/pro (and you are blatantly pro), but I can see the facts. We need to follow examples set by people such as Docm77 and Slowpoke, people who don't bandwagon, people who do their own research and do not come back with wrong replies, instead they do research so they get the right answers. Whatever you people say I will always install my own mods, always have whatever mods I want, and always have the most up to date versions of these mods (from previous experience with technic they are things something it failed at).

are you trying to provide intelligent conversation to this thread or thinly hiding a veil of technic hate behind your post hoping to instigate some troll fun?

Rather the first than the latter, as a non-bias individual I would like to have seen both sides of the argument and this thread helps. I just want to put more facts for others to look at on the table, so they too do not follow the beliefs of others, and instead form their own opinions.

actually, that thread is utter troll garbage. Not only do most of the posts just fanboi's stroking and following slowpokes word as gospel the ones trying to provide intelligent research to the thread are completely wrong. On top of that Slowpoke himself is perpetuating the wrong information and intent with those same 2 quotes by kaker. I see no difference between that thread and the anti-technic flame threads from IC forums and MCF.

Confirmation bias. It doesn't mean what you think it means.

I don't get what you mean, I explained this in my post, if you want me to I can add some pro-technic stuff, but as there is already a entire thread of this what is the point?

actually, that thread is utter troll garbage. Not only do most of the posts just fanboi's stroking and following slowpokes word as gospel the ones trying to provide intelligent research to the thread are completely wrong. On top of that Slowpoke himself is perpetuating the wrong information and intent with those same 2 quotes by kaker. I see no difference between that thread and the anti-technic flame threads from IC forums and MCF.

I was mainly pointing out the stuff in the first post by Slowpoke, as that is the best for information, a lot of the stuff here is also repeated nosense about how they have all the permissons etc etc. There is both extreme pro-technic and extreme anti-technic and both are tearing the community up with silly arguments. I see "AWH SIRSENGIR IS A DIC COS HE DIDN'T WANT HISS MODE IN THE TECHNC PAK" as much as I see "OMFG TEKKIT IS ALLEGIL U SHULDNT PLAY IT YU NOUB". I am done here, I thought I could inform some biased players of technic about the other argument. But no. You call me bias, but you are so stuck in your own world, ignoring the facts given by the other side. Hell there's more informed arguments in the Direwolf20 comments section. Byeeee I'm never coming to this thread again as I am getting no where.

I don't get what you mean, I explained this in my post, if you want me to I can add some pro-technic stuff, but as there is already a entire thread of this what is the point?

I was mainly pointing out the stuff in the first post by Slowpoke, as that is the best for information, a lot of the stuff here is also repeated nosense about how they have all the permissons etc etc. There is both extreme pro-technic and extreme anti-technic and both are tearing the community up with silly arguments. I see "AWH sir buttivere of dumbtable IS A DIC COS HE DIDN'T WANT HISS MODE IN THE TECHNC PAK" as much as I see "OMFG TEKKIT IS ALLEGIL U SHULDNT PLAY IT YU NOUB". I am done here, I thought I could inform some biased players of technic about the other argument. But no. You call me bias, but you are so stuck in your own world, ignoring the facts given by the other side. Hell there's more informed arguments in the Direwolf20 comments section. Byeeee I'm never coming to this thread again as I am getting no where.

so you linked a post on FTB, where FTB fanboi's have IC/MCF flamed and preached, that was made in ANOTHER thread here with logical responses from both sides and evidence and whatnot to refute stupidity in an effort to bridge the gaps between modders and technic staff to this thread that is more or less a rage vent thread on all the technic hate?

People looking for unbiased info would read the thread that has posts by the staff here and modders, not a troll thread either this one or on other forums.

I meant that jakj was saying that people in that thread were favoring information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses which is exactly what is going on there (and, in some cases, here). Feel free to continue to froth at the keyboard, though.

Hidden

I don't care if you're pro-technic, anti-technic but pro-tekkit, anti-technic, pro-CheapShot but anti-KakerMix, pro-Kakermix and undecided on CheapShot, anti-life, anti-choice, anti-personnel mines, anti-air, pro-progress, pro-Protestant, anti-pro, pro-anti, or anything and everything between and then some. We are all taking a field trip to yourlogicalfallacyis.com and thinking deeply.

Also beware anyone who claims to be unbiased. They're probably mistaking themselves for a computer of some kind.

I don't care if you're pro-technic, anti-technic but pro-tekkit, anti-technic, pro-CheapShot but anti-KakerMix, pro-Kakermix and undecided on CheapShot, anti-life, anti-choice, anti-personnel mines, anti-air, pro-progress, pro-Protestant, anti-pro, pro-anti, or anything and everything between and then some. We are all taking a field trip to yourlogicalfallacyis.com and thinking deeply.

Also beware anyone who claims to be unbiased. They're probably mistaking themselves for a computer of some kind.

I just want to put more facts for others to look at on the table, so they too do not follow the beliefs of others, and instead form their own opinions.

OK, but why are you asking this of others when you refuse to do it yourself?

Oh wait, that's right you ran away so you wouldn't have to confront this hypocrisy.

I am just sad that all the miss-informed retards flamed and argued enough on Docm77's video to get him and monkeyfarm to not use technic, i love this mod pack and so whut if it doesn't update instantly when another mod does at-least all the mods work as one if I tried to put all the mods in myself it would be a shit storm and I wouldn't know where to start putting them on a server, i know there are allot of people that will never change their mind about this modpack. but I just wish they wouldn't ruin the fun for other people that haven't found this forum, or someone like slowpoke gets to them first and they just take someone else's word without looking

I am just sad that all the miss-informed retards flamed and argued enough on Docm77's video to get him and monkeyfarm to not use technic, i love this mod pack and so whut if it doesn't update instantly when another mod does at-least all the mods work as one if I tried to put all the mods in myself it would be a shit storm and I wouldn't know where to start putting them on a server, i know there are allot of people that will never change their mind about this modpack. but I just wish they wouldn't ruin the fun for other people that haven't found this forum, or someone like slowpoke gets to them first and they just take someone else's word without looking

Finally, an ounce of logic amidst this flamewar. You good sir, are a wonderful human being.

I'm actually somewhat pleased with slowpoke's presence on this forum: He's conducting himself calmly and rationally, behaving himself, and at least superficially (since I cannot presume to know his mind) trying to improve things.

I still don't agree with him barely at all, but I acknowledge him as a normal human being (which is not a label I apply to most).