Why not give idiots what they apparently need?

LazDude2012

I'm actually somewhat pleased with slowpoke's presence on this forum: He's conducting himself calmly and rationally, behaving himself, and at least superficially (since I cannot presume to know his mind) trying to improve things.

I still don't agree with him barely at all, but I acknowledge him as a normal human being (which is not a label I apply to most).

also he thinks, and apparently the technic devs agree, that jakj is an ass =p

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'll throw this in here and not the other thread since it was mentioned here.

In docm77's video where he rambles on about technic's illegality and that he listens to what slowpoke says as gospel he mentions that slowpoke is not only making the FTB pack, but also a custom pack for Docm77 and Monkeyfarm.

take from it what you will.

ahhhh so this is where your hiding. I can only guess you are the lothos from the comments on the youtube video. Please feel free to inform me here where I have been proven wrong on multiple occasions on this forum as you state.

Waiting with anticipation for your reply

unsigned

fixed

sorry

ahhhh so this is where your hiding. I can only guess you are the lothos from the comments on the youtube video. Please feel free to inform me here where I have been proven wrong on multiple occasions on this forum as you state.

Waiting with anticipation for your reply

unsigned

fixed

sorry

there is an appropriate thread with that discussion where you were in fact corrected. Go refresh your memory if need be. My comments in the two youtube videos were merely to get two popular video makers to do some research of their own instead of solely relying upon your word. you seem to have an issue with anyone trying to direct them to do their own research i guess.

also, while we're at it, i love how you constantly tell people "you speak with all the mod authors on your teamspeak". First off, to presume that you actually have ALL the mod authors on your teamspeak and to think that they are unanimous in their feelings towards technic. Why don't you share with us who actually you do have, preferably over in the discussion thread. For all we know its you, sengir, and flowerchild and maybe cougar. all of which have been pretty vocal against technic with no intention of logical discussion.

I

there is an appropriate thread with that discussion where you were in fact corrected. Go refresh your memory if need be. My comments in the two youtube videos were merely to get two popular video makers to do some research of their own instead of solely relying upon your word. you seem to have an issue with anyone trying to direct them to do their own research i guess.

also, while we're at it, i love how you constantly tell people "you speak with all the mod authors on your teamspeak". First off, to presume that you actually have ALL the mod authors on your teamspeak and to think that they are unanimous in their feelings towards technic. Why don't you share with us who actually you do have, preferably over in the discussion thread. For all we know its you, sengir, and dong princess and maybe cougar. all of which have been pretty vocal against technic with no intention of logical discussion.

If you watch direwolf20s channel on youtube you will know that slowpoke in fact hosts the teamspeak that they all use on it. Which includes just about every mod author who's mod is in technic/tekkit as well as a few others plus he plays on the SMP server they all play on. He is also always in the same IRC rooms as most of them so when he says he has connections it is true. Now for the info on each of their standings towards technic especially the less vocal ones we only have his word and what we can find ourselves.

I am sorry, could you please point me to somewhere I have said I have ALL the mod authors on a teamspeak channel, that is incorrect and I will fix it. I most certainly do not speak to all the mod makers, however I do consider a lot of them to be friends. I am not sure what you want from me in this regard though, its common knowledge I play on the pahicraft server. It is also common knowledge that I am an admin on the direwolf20 IRC. You want a list of the devs I am in regular contact with, um OK I suppose. I have close ties to Eloraam, Covert Jaguar, CPW, DaStormbringer, Lex Manos, Odedex, Overmind, RichardG and Player, Searge from MCP, Sengir and Krapht of course. Tahg is an active member of the FTB team. Pahimar and Xen0phobe (although Xeno isnt around much any more) Chicken Bones, iChun, xComp, VSWE, immibis, Azanor, (to the best of my knowledge I am the only person pre-approved for Thaumcraft 3).. Do you need me to carry on dropping names or is this enough. I am pretty sure that every single person on that list with only one exception is regularly on the Teamspeak channel I run. This is by no means a complete list, just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. So yeah, I think it is fair to say that my knowledge of the viewpoints of the mod developers is more accurate than pretty much anybody on this forum.

So now I have answered your questions, please do me the courtesy of answering mine.

slowpoke isn't even correct on the information he probably shared with you. It's really a shame you've only taken that side of the story and passed judgement. he's come by the technic forums and even started a discussion and was proven wrong on many counts. Maybe you and monkeyfarm should too and not listen to troll comments.

1) What information was it that I 'probably' shared with DocM was incorrect.

2) What are the 'Many' counts that I was proven wrong on?

3) Where is this discussion that I started on this forum?

4) who is the troll here

I haven't finished by the way

yes, i have no problem with you reading comments out here. My point is the only story you perpetuate is your own even after your lofty attempts to be civil and find out the facts you still insist on misrepresenting them. my opinions notwithstanding, anyone who would make a decision based solely on one side of an argument is by definition misinformed.

5) I ask again, what facts am I misrepresenting.

These are genuine questions, if you can provide answers to any of them, I will happily in public acknowledge them. Also if I have in any way misrepresented the facts, I will also happily correct them in public.

I am going to finish this post on a final note. What happens with me from here on out is directly down to you. Personally I do not care what happens, I am placing this in your hands. If it remains your belief Lothos that I am going behind technics back misrepresenting them and If you genuinely believe the information you have posted. Then I am happy to take your word for it and I will withdraw myself from any further negotiations between technic and the mod developers. However, if you come to the decision that you have publicly misrepresented me and my actions, I will happily accept a public apology both here and on the relevent youtube thread from DocM's video.

I will take a none answer that your viewpoint hasn't changed.

If I am truly as you say Talking trash about technic to people outside of these forums, then I have no business being in the middle of any discussion.

I would like to point out at this time that Lothos is a user, and in no way actually affiliated with the pack. Any opinions or arguments he makes are literally on his own ass.

Also, lothos, come on dude. This has been a civil, intellectual, and relatively restrained thread. Don't be that guy. nobody likes that guy.

This thread is complete garbage and I'm sad that no one brought it to my attention sooner. I'll be locking it very soon.

Slowpoke, shame on you for letting some random on the internet bait you into something like the above. Apparently they weren't even doing it here, they were doing it youtube (???) of all places? I thought everone understood that youtube comments are a cesspit and should be avoided. One person unconnected to anything trolling you means you're willing to throw out everything I've said, and all the talk you've layed down about being fair and reasonable and working toward something productive? It just makes your words seem hollow, and is frankly an insult to me, considering I took the effort to take you seriously and gave you quite a bit of my time. Looking at your feed the beast forum thread about us linked earlier shows that you've made no effort to stop the anti-technic echo chamber. There are downright lies and harmful rumors in there and no effort to correct them or calm them, even after the discussions we've held here where I have gone out of my way to make sure things stay fair and orderly. I am disappointed.

We're still going to go ahead with the plans to discuss as our team our relationship with the modders, and do everything we can to make positive change. I just thought your words to me were more genuine and it's disheartening so see that maybe they weren't. I hope I am wrong in that. We want to make positive change happen, and you're in a position where many of the mod makers who think negatively of us respect and like you. Both sides need to want positive change for any to happen. Please remember that one youtube troll does not equal the Technic team. One guy having some fun stirring shit on the internet does not equal all the productive and reasonable effort I have put forward.

Putting aside if I agree with either side of this argument(I don't, by the way. I've seen none of these videos or comments), that's a hell of an ultimatum slowpoke, and regardless of if you feel this argument is going anywhere, is a pretty shoddy way to remove yourself from it.

"If you continue to hold your position, you will have single-handedly ruined everything for everyone."

I may not agree with you, you may not agree with me, we both may not agree with Lothos, but at least we can argue civilly, if the other thread has proved anything. And Jay? already pointed out everything I might say to Lothos on the subject.

Bring on the tinfoil hats!

• Forum Administrators

Well well well, I see nothing has changed at all. A nice chat we've had here, please join us next time when we all say exactly the same thing, but perhaps with more drama and maybe even a case of amnesia! I'm KakerMix, goodnight.