Why not give idiots what they apparently need?

LazDude2012

*Snip* ...On a serious note, the misinformation is infuriating... *Snip*

Don't be infuriated or let misinformation bother you at all.

If you sweat the small stuff (Like people arguing about permissions on a free modpack that directly or indirectly benefits almost everyone (Except maybe those who actually piece it together ;D) for a game that, for me, would have been abandoned long ago), then the big pointless issues (Politicians arguing and infighting about equally pointless issues that are 'world issues' because important certain people are arguing about it) will give you a stroke.

Misinformation is a part of the world, and it's not about to go away. Some need it for their broken logic, some feed off of what the former will pay for misinformation, and some are simply lost and confused because they don't know how to seek the truth (They think it's more complex than it is).

No matter what, the only way not to be harmed by it (And if you're honest, not to feed off it, but hey, everyone has mouths to feed) is to think for yourself, think critically, and find the truth for yourself and, if necessary, by yourself.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be infuriated or let misinformation bother you at all.

If you sweat the small stuff (Like people arguing about permissions on a free modpack that directly or indirectly benefits almost everyone (Except maybe those who actually piece it together ;D) for a game that, for me, would have been abandoned long ago), then the big pointless issues (Politicians arguing and infighting about equally pointless issues that are 'world issues' because important certain people are arguing about it) will give you a stroke.

Misinformation is a part of the world, and it's not about to go away. Some need it for their broken logic, some feed off of what the former will pay for misinformation, and some are simply lost and confused because they don't know how to seek the truth (They think it's more complex than it is).

No matter what, the only way not to be harmed by it (And if you're honest, not to feed off it, but hey, everyone has mouths to feed) is to think for yourself, think critically, and find the truth for yourself and, if necessary, by yourself.

I agree completely, the quote you took was me quoting someone on the MCForums. It was ironic that he was saying that considering the fellow he was talking to was the one spouting the BS about Kaker stealing Ad Pennies and such.

After readimg that I laughed so hard i almost pissed my pants. I don't know how people can be this stupid and yet know how to read and use a computer.

Edit: Imam refering to the thread about the "hacker" being found.

Edit 2: ActuLly, the thing about technic stealing adfly pennies was also pretty funny.

After readimg that I laughed so hard i almost pissed my pants. I don't know how people can be this stupid and yet know how to read and use a computer.

Edit: Imam refering to the thread about the "hacker" being found.

Well now you know friends it was me. I am awaiting a ban from one of the Mods. The reason I'm not banned yet is because of my hacking but it is only a matter of time before the relentless campaigning of ________ insert idiots name here ( I can't remember) gets me banned.

I must say well done to rayzan00 for skipping right over my Megamind references (Is it really that hard? It's my fuzzucking avatar) and calling me an RP nerd.

On-topic, MC Forums is quite like reading FMLs in the intimacy section for me. It's funny for a while, then I eventually get pissed off at so many stupid and/or dishonest people that I delete the app from my phone 'forever.'

I must say well done to rayzan00 for skipping right over my Megamind references (Is it really that hard? It's my fuzzucking avatar) and calling me an RP nerd.

On-topic, MC Forums is quite like reading FMLs in the intimacy section for me. It's funny for a while, then I eventually get pissed off at so many stupid and/or dishonest people that I delete the app from my phone 'forever.'

Ya rayzan is the most mentally handicapped person I have ever met who can still type...Also I am getting so many alerts that my e-mail is full and I keep replying to the wrong post/double posting

As far as I've seen the only adverstisments was the the gif TELLING YOU TO DONATE TO MODDERS & maybe some on the page I doubt though. The ones on the page are for the hosting.

Someone go call the others fags & see what happens, I don't feel like logging into MCForums.

I thought the donation hijacking post was amusing, but the post by anzor that sparked it off in the first place where he voiced his displeasure for Tekkit was kind of disheartening. There are a lot of mod makers out there that make mods I love, but I just can't abide by their stance on these things. Why does the minecraft modding community have to be so toxic and alien compared to other contemporary modding communities? I remember when I first found out about thaumcraft, and Anzor talked about how technic is one of the things that got him started in modding. This insular echo chamber they have is going to be the death of minecraft. I think I'd almost rather read Kerberos's forums these days. I'd really hate for the loudest voices to end up being like that place, and turning all the modders into little Mecron Jr's.

It's largely because of services like adfly, and the absolutely pants on head retarded operation of MCF that encourages all the bullshit copyright asshattery.

Also the fact that any time anyone who uses Technic tries to voice our side of the argument, the post gets deleted.

You don't see me deleting every post that consists of nothing but Technic hate.

As Cheap and Kaker have stated, this forum and website is pretty much the only place they can talk about Technic without being censored, which means that our reputation will remain at what it is.

Until the day that Minecraft is no longer in Java, nothing can ever be "gone forever". I don't expect it to happen ever at any point, quite honestly, but in the hypothetical scenario that, say, Azanor flew off the handle and abandoned Minecraft modding completely, any one of the orange names on this forum is only one decompilation and one week of tweaking away of Thaumcraft turning into an open-source mod. That doesn't mean anybody in the community might have enough creativity to actually carry on with continuing the mod, but they could certainly keep it alive by updating it for new versions of Minecraft. Same for Redpower, Forestry, and all of that.

It's not a threat: Just a statement. Little half-assed mods might disappear, but a major release evaporating just isn't going to happen, flat-out. While the modder is still active, we don't mess with it (mostly) so as to not piss them off and lose their creative input into the mod, but if they say "Hey, I'm going to Switzerland to become a nuclear physicist, so I won't have time to play Minecraft any more.", then it'll just get forked.

Well, I'm more concerned with the mod maker being a douche than him leaving forever. Mods don't die, but their makers can be a pain and insert malware and generally give their product an icky feel, al la flower child. Like the example listed, an echo chamber comunity can ruin a game. Same goes for mods. Mod makers will start pushing out crap and having their praises sung for it. I'd rather not see that happen in the game that is my go to.

Yeah. Killer-of-Lawyers is right: ego is the worst thing to happen to a mod community. It's sad how other mod communities seem to get along just fine without it: (have you seen the amazingness that is the Source modding community?) but Minecraft modders seem to be more concentrated on being selfish assholes. The whole part about everyone believing that adf.ly is how modders make a living is the worst. I literally saw a guy the other day that said the adf.ly is how modders "barely scrape by". And I still wonder how he ever got that impression. (btw, this thread really spiralled out of control! :D )

I wouldn't worry about that, Angela. The only demonstrated cases of modders actually being douchebags to their players are also demonstrated cases of genuine mental instability. Plenty of others might display hypocrisy, sullenness, arrogance, or stickuptheassedness, but their goal is to actually have as many good people as possible use their mod, and they act rationally about it. And then there're the rest, who have pleasant attitudes: Krapht comes foremost to mind whenever I think of "Who is the most stable and awesome modder right now?".

The toxicity of the modding community does sicken me, but in terms of "still having awesome mods to play", I'm not at all worried.

Now I'm hungry and have to run 5 miles soon. >:|

Anyways, I think they're only going to thrive on the hatred, and none of them will ask for or accept a reality check since being exposed to that. If any of them have any hope of having any sense, they'll come to us and get our side too.

The big mods are made by people who are obviously skilled in java. The problem is in temrs of minecraft there are very few of that "rank" because the rest are off doing other java stuff. This is probably what leads to the ego inflation.

That & according to Encyclopedia Dramatica Minecraft is the playground of aspies.

The big mods are made by people who are obviously skilled in java. The problem is in temrs of minecraft there are very few of that "rank" because the rest are off doing other java stuff. This is probably what leads to the ego inflation.

That & according to Encyclopedia Dramatica Minecraft is the playground of aspies.

I can't parse this. Anyone know what he is saying (am I just braindead atm? That is a distinct possibility...)

I can't parse this. Anyone know what he is saying (am I just braindead atm? That is a distinct possibility...)

Translated:

Anything decent is made by people who are good at coding, but there aren't many good coders in the minecraft community. That's why everyone has such huge ego's

The fact that his logic doesn't actually follow is probably attributable to his use of Encyclopedia Dramatica.