Why not give idiots what they apparently need?

LazDude2012

I love Tekkit, but I laugh at the people trying to pretend there's a good community going here.

I don't see how people not wanting to use a modpack that (to the best of their knowledge) doesn't have permission makes them idiots, for example. The elitists who think they're cool beans for installing mods by hand can stay the hell away, but what about otherwise intelligent people who simply aren't aware that technic now has permissions?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people honestly think that because they installed IC2 by hand which is little more than fucking dragging & dropping makes them a special snowflake then they've got a massive reality check in store.

I've seen how immature & retarded the MCF are so I'm inclined to think the reasons behind the hate are actually seated in true legit reasons instead of MY BUDDY HATES TEKKIT OMG ME TOO.

Seriously it takes one fucking 7 year old. ONE. To start a shitball fight. The gamign community I'm involved with has taken a massive hit because of the fucking idiots on the MC server jumping on the bandwagon left & right. They also decided it would be fun to find a million duplication glitches. This is on top of the usual bullshit such as them in general.

We're not going to post a big page of permissions because we're not going to stoop to their ridiculous childish level. Saying we need to prove anything to these children or man-children is validating their embarrassingly juvenile behavior. I'd rather just ignore them and hope they develop some emotional control and maturity as they get older. Maybe then they'll form their own opinions objectively and stop idolizing the pathetic people who got older and didn't.

1ecee0039_Difference_Of_Opinion.png

We could cure cancer for free and the above would still be accurate.

You all make me so proud: Everything I even thought of saying has already been said. So, just for fun, I thought I would extend the point about adf.ly pennies to the Portal Gun mod: First you get an adf.ly link, which then takes you to FileCopter, and only then get your mod. So, you look at an ad, so you can look at an ad. That tickles me.

There is a reason you guys aren't allowed on the Minecraft Forums, isn't there? Because you can't produce this 'list' of 'permissions' you claim to have. Every other mod pack has to list them, what makes you above everyone else? Hmmm. 'We won't stoop to their level?' Really, that is your reaction to being asked for permissions proof? Do you guys even know what you are smoking, or do you just put it in your mouth and puff puff pass? Oh and this open source BS falls short of legal standards. By authors stating they have a copyright to their work, you have to abide by said copyright.

Let's see, you claim they are breaking Mojangs copyright by creating mods. (BS right there, as Mojang has authorized it directly. But even if they didn't Curse has authorized it, by having a forum for mods/mod development since the beginning. That's business law 101, might want to look it up real quick. Let me break it down for you, when you have a company represent you like Curse running the forums, anything they do in the name of your company you are responsible for. Especially if you know about it, and don't correct it. Mojangs ToS for Minecraft state the following as well: Any tools you write for the game from scratch belongs to you.... Plugins for the game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, as long as you don't sell them for money.)

You claim, that it's open source? Oh, not really. If they are copyrighted works (Which in this case most default to anyway), you can and would be held liable in court for violating said copyrights. That is if any decide to take you to court, which in reality most won't. It's not worth the amount of money versus reward. Now, also with above, since Mojangs ToS for Minecraft state specifically that they belong to the creator... you are full of stuff.

I use the old tried and true internet ethos... Pics or it didn't happen! If you can't produce said list, my bet is that you are lying about one or more permissions. I may be wrong, and if proven wrong, I will apologize. Because I am bigger then you guys, and can admit my mistakes. Others, can't.

Yes, I know it will be deleted, and I will be flamed. So what. :)

First of all, Minecraft Forum is about as official as we are, so what Curse has has absolutely fuck all to do with Minecraft.

Secondly, plugins and tools are very different from mods, they require no modification of Minecraft's code, which mods such as Forge and Modloader do.

Third, any modder who tried to take us to court for illegally distributing their mods would be laughed out of the room.

Fourth, you claim to be "bigger" than us, whatever that's supposed to mean, yet you come here and make a post that's full of thinly veiled insults. You don't see "us" going out and spamming other forums with shit do you?

This isn't Minecraft Forum, we don't censor people who disagree with us.

• Moderators

There is a reason you guys aren't allowed on the Minecraft Forums, isn't there? Because you can't produce this 'list' of 'permissions' you claim to have. Every other mod pack has to list them, what makes you above everyone else? Hmmm.

What kind of mumbo jumbo is this? "Every other modpack does this..."

Really now, if i was a modpacker seeking fame and fortune and the love of these fanboys of hate. All i would do is "produce a list of permissions". Why? 'Cuz i would do the opposite of what technic has done and that would automatically make me "a good person".

See the logic?

ROFL, goahead, you're an epic failure if you think you know anything about the law based upon your post. The mods that have ALWAYS been used in technic/tekkit have been released to the public freely by the modders. Re-use is allowed WITHOUT permission. You better go look that one up since you know you're going to argue and be wrong. Freely distributed "copyrighted" material is readily usable by anyone provided credit in the redistribution is given somewhere to the originating artist. This goes for mods, codework, songwriting, painting, sculpting, graphic design, etc.... Anywhere material is given by the originator to the public for free waves their right to lawsuit based solely on re-use.

As to actual copyright itself. The modder would have to actually apply and pay for the copyright and wait thru the process before any attempt to persue a lawsuit can begin. You don't automatically get copyright protection.

As for the whole "modifying code" bit, yes that is against the mojang TOS and YES forestry DID modify actual MC code. And THAT is breaking mojangs copyright.

If you want to come on here and try to claim anything, make sure you're correct and have facts first. Otherwise go back to MCF and troll with the stupids.

Actually, in the US, you do get automatic copyright protection for all original work, and you lose it only if you do not positively act against obvious violations of it.

The point here is that there is so little of any mod that qualifies as original work (maybe a couple data structures and a single algorithm, and a few sprites that aren't just pallette-swaps of vanilla ones) that no mod would ever be worth bothering with in a copyright claim. Even big mods like IC2 and RedPower have less than half original content, because most of it is just modification of the original source to make things function. Most of the actual work in modding is making the mod work at all.

Actually, in the US, you do get automatic copyright protection for all original work, and you lose it only if you do not positively act against obvious violations of it.

The point here is that there is so little of any mod that qualifies as original work (maybe a couple data structures and a single algorithm, and a few sprites that aren't just pallette-swaps of vanilla ones) that no mod would ever be worth bothering with in a copyright claim. Even big mods like IC2 and RedPower have less than half original content, because most of it is just modification of the original source to make things function. Most of the actual work in modding is making the mod work at all.

the copyright protection has to be applied for though. even cases where your work is stolen and redone without credit you have to go thru the process of applying before legal proceedings can go to trial on the infringement. and if the work is freely distributed the only claim you have on the copyright capable of even getting to a trial is infringement without credit. permission beforehand is always nice, but not a requirement on freely distributed material.

There is a reason you guys aren't allowed on the Minecraft Forums, isn't there?

I never heard of this sudden law that states that I am not allowed on the mine-craft forums. When did this happen because I was just on there and I never got any perma ban for using Technic or being a part of the community.

Let's see, you claim they are breaking Mojangs copyright by creating mods. (BS right there, as Mojang has authorized it directly

Notch made this great game for us and he does approve of mods, even going out of his way to begin work on an API for us. Which is great, I really appreciate it. But going under the standard electronic rights red tape crap, from what I understand modifications to the original code are indeed unlawful. I'm not saying it isn't right and I'm ungrateful of all the hard work and effort the modders do in order to make the game better. I don't think anyone here is saying that. I'm just saying that technically it -is- unlawful.

. But even if they didn't Curse has authorized it, by having a forum for mods/mod development since the beginning. That's business law 101, might want to look it up real quick.

Curse does not own the rights to Mojang or its intellectual property. maybe you need to look up some business law 101.

You claim, that it's open source? Oh, not really. If they are copyrighted works

Its a modification of another program. If it was there own copyrighted works then they would have the right to close the code and resell it as they please.

I use the old tried and true internet ethos... Pics or it didn't happen! If you can't produce said list, my bet is that you are lying about one or more permissions.

I'm sure there is a list somewhere. I never really bothered to look because honestly I would rather enjoy the game I payed for without having to spend 10 hours installing mods by hand. Sorry that this apparently offends you so much. With all due respect, get bent.

I may be wrong, and if proven wrong, I will apologize. Because I am bigger then you guys, and can admit my mistakes. Others, can't.

No you wont. Lets face the facts. You hate the pack and its community. Even if we did have a list you would find some fault with it and continue to blindly hate us. Even if we had irrefutable proof, a fucking signature, voice and recorded copy of each moder in real life saying they support the pack, you would find something to complain about. I can't speak for the staff on this forum but your one user. And they're giving out a free product. No-one is going to go through that much trouble for the ungrateful masses anyway.

With that kind of attitude you probably wont take anything I say seriously anyway. Your going to label me as some sort of flamer, call me a bigot, and a thief, and move on. I don't often post because of people like you actually. Pat yourself on the back that alone should make you feel proud.

I even went as far as to voluntarily ask curse to remove my account on the Minecraft forums because, nothing personal sir, but I really hate the community. The majority of you are self entitled elites pricks and it takes every fiber of my being not to lose all faith in humanity and go make the columbine nightmare a reality once again.

I love that MCF (among others) complains constantly that Technic uses mods without permissions, and steals the mods for the Modpack, and yet when ever some on MCF complains that someone stole or copied or used their mod with permission, their attitude 9 times out of 10 is, "shut the F*** up and stop being a baby and go talk to the guy and see if you can work with him, if you can't then tough doo doo," if only they were smart enough to understand irony.

On a personal note I didn't know that Technic has permissions to use the mods they do, or that they once didn't, but on the other hand I couldn't give a sh**, (if one day I make a mod and it gets featured in a mod pack such as this one, I will be honored).

Because you can't produce this 'list' of 'permissions' you claim to have. Every other mod pack has to list them, what makes you above everyone else?

really? every other modpack? I can think of at least 2 right now off the top of my head that don't. are you going to go complain at them too? I hope so. nothing we post will persuade you to think any differently on the subject and we know it.

however, despite being lesser people compared to your oh so righteous self, your post will not be deleted, nor will you be banned for disagreeing. please note that were this MCF, you WOULD be banned and your post WOULD be deleted. something to think about.

lastly, we're not disallowed from posting on the MCF, I could go post over there right now if I was suddenly feeling enough self loathing.

There is a reason you guys aren't allowed on the Minecraft Forums, isn't there? Because you can't produce this 'list' of 'permissions' you claim to have. Every other mod pack has to list them, what makes you above everyone else? Hmmm. 'We won't stoop to their level?' Really, that is your reaction to being asked for permissions proof? Do you guys even know what you are smoking, or do you just put it in your mouth and puff puff pass? Oh and this open source BS falls short of legal standards. By authors stating they have a copyright to their work, you have to abide by said copyright.

Let's see, you claim they are breaking Mojangs copyright by creating mods. (BS right there, as Mojang has authorized it directly. But even if they didn't Curse has authorized it, by having a forum for mods/mod development since the beginning. That's business law 101, might want to look it up real quick. Let me break it down for you, when you have a company represent you like Curse running the forums, anything they do in the name of your company you are responsible for. Especially if you know about it, and don't correct it. Mojangs ToS for Minecraft state the following as well: Any tools you write for the game from scratch belongs to you.... Plugins for the game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, as long as you don't sell them for money.)

You claim, that it's open source? Oh, not really. If they are copyrighted works (Which in this case most default to anyway), you can and would be held liable in court for violating said copyrights. That is if any decide to take you to court, which in reality most won't. It's not worth the amount of money versus reward. Now, also with above, since Mojangs ToS for Minecraft state specifically that they belong to the creator... you are full of stuff.

I use the old tried and true internet ethos... Pics or it didn't happen! If you can't produce said list, my bet is that you are lying about one or more permissions. I may be wrong, and if proven wrong, I will apologize. Because I am bigger then you guys, and can admit my mistakes. Others, can't.

Also, I'd like to just use this as a prime example. This is an absolutly mental person who shouldn't be validated in any way. We aren't going to post a big list of permissions for the same reason Obama doesn't walk around with his birth cirtificate pinned to the front of his suit. Because these people don't deserve to be taken seriously. Pandering to their confusingly hostile demands over pointless things just encourages them.

Also, I'd like to just use this as a prime example. This is an absolutly mental person who shouldn't be validated in any way. We aren't going to post a big list of permissions for the same reason Obama doesn't walk around with his birth cirtificate pinned to the front of his suit. Because these people don't deserve to be taken seriously. Pandering to their confusingly hostile demands over pointless things just encourages them.

And even if they ended up satisfied with the list, and decided, "Hey, the Technic Pack, their creators, and their community aren't that bad, maybe I should join now," would we really want this kind of person around us to go off on someone - anyone, be it admin, mod, or regular - about something else that's fucking pointless?

I get it, guys. I got it the first time. The point was, it's not to satisfy the die hards; they just hate Technic. But what about the ordinary people that hear the die hards, but no other side to the story? It's the only reason I even participate in the technic arguments. I don't care what the diehard asshats think. I do, however, want to stop them from getting to the other people.