Why not give idiots what they apparently need?

LazDude2012

I get it, guys. I got it the first time. The point was, it's not to satisfy the die hards; they just hate Technic. But what about the ordinary people that hear the die hards, but no other side to the story? It's the only reason I even participate in the technic arguments. I don't care what the diehard asshats think. I do, however, want to stop them from getting to the other people.

The people too stupid to look up things on the internet from both sides to make their own informed decisions are probably too stupid for us to want them here anyway. It's bad enough the "die hards" arguing against technic that have no knowledge of facts. Let the undecideds figure it out themselves or just not come here at all.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people too stupid to look up things on the internet from both sides to make their own informed decisions are probably too stupid for us to want them here anyway. It's bad enough the "die hards" arguing against technic that have no knowledge of facts. Let the undecideds figure it out themselves or just not come here at all.

I don't think it is so much about stupidity as it is laziness. It is much easier to just eat the shit slathered on the plate in front of you then it is to go look for an actual bit of information to make your own decision with. Why go through the trouble of finding things out for myself when I can just hop on the derp wagon and herp?

The unfortunate truth is that these fat lazy docile blindly cooperative people make up about 75 to 80 percent of the world. There like.... fat hamsters or something. They just eat whatever in front of them because whatever they are told is easier to believe then looking for the truth themselves.

Personally I think this massive flame war may be beneficial (as long as Kakermix's generosity holds out) It will weed out the lazy dimwitted fucks from the people who actually try to look for the truth or just not care enough to get involved. The Whale box is big enough as it is let's hope the war continues so it wont grow at an even faster rate.

• Moderators

they do not have consent from computer craft, or EE for sure so they are not legit.

Kakermix has received approval from Chuck Norris, due to Technic's awesomeness!

That's all we need...

they do not have consent from computer craft, or EE for sure so they are not legit.

i'm sorry, are you the author of EITHER of those mods?

are you a technic dev?

then STFU.

Again, openly free works distributed on the internet are legit to re-use with proper credit given. Permission is NOT needed.

• Moderators

Since there's nothing more to add to this discussion, perhaps a little artwork to finish this thread?

Maybe a:

"Technic

Approved and beloved by fans worldwide" seal of approval?

Anyone up to the task?

they actually do. last I checked, pahimar even drops by the technic IRC from time to time.

here's the thing though, I don't care if you or anyone else thinks the pack is "not legit" or whatever nonsense. technic lets me play minecraft with cool mods, with my friends who don't care enough about modding to do it themselves as well as removes the hassle of me doing it myself. that's all that matters to me.

From the ComputerCraft forum post

LICENSE

I authorise and encourage people to create and distribute lua programs for ComputerCraft however they see fit (try the forums at computercraft.info!). I also give permission for ComputerCraft to be included in mod packs, provided that the ComputerCraft files are included completely unmodified, including all lua and text files.

From the ComputerCraft forum post

LICENSE

I authorise and encourage people to create and distribute lua programs for ComputerCraft however they see fit (try the forums at computercraft.info!). I also give permission for ComputerCraft to be included in mod packs, provided that the ComputerCraft files are included completely unmodified, including all lua and text files.

You sir, are a Gentleman and a Scholar.

Along with everyone else, i do agree that the internet wars about technic and tekkit being illegal is just stupid, but you've got to admit, it is funny.

Well, when observed from the exterior, (And also from the interior, if you're a troll) any flamewar can be funny. But it can also be a little frustrating to see people slandering things you love.

You sir, are a Gentleman and a Scholar.

While I'm at it, I checked the EE thread and found this

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1106178-125-equivalent-exchange-2-v1467/page__st__1160#entry14232698

Also did a quick "Pahimar technic" google search and found this chat transcript (assuming it is valid)

http://pastebin.com/3NY6uHzZ

and his Technic Forums profile which linked to his only post

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/modified-class-files-for-ee-trans-table-configurable-transmutation-table.7534/#post-61331

It mentions giving permission to technic, as long as there aren't any changes.

I have a small, simple question. In what way would having your mod in a popular modpack that gives credit for the mod and allows people to donate to you and not to the modpack-makers be a bad thing?

The one downside I can see is that depending on the mod author, Technic's copy of the mods can get out of date pretty quickly. They'll see tons of bug reports saying "OMG WHY IS THIS BROKE" when it was fixed several patches/releases ago on that individual mod (uranium's really high EMC value comes immediately to mind).

The only mod that we were really using with out permission was forestry as of late and any that we were missing we now have. As for forestry it was a simple issue of the mod author ignoring the technic devs attempts to get permission and that he never told them to remove it.

You do have to remember that technic was never intended to be public when it got leaked onto the internet and into the line light by the yogcast spot light. Which is why they never got permissions in the first place as it was only for their private use. Once the lime light was shown on them they probably realized how great their creation was and since it was already public they just rolled with it.

Also another thing to consider is just how mind numbingly expensive it is to run this site and forum. Let alone how much all the bandwidth to support hosting the launcher and the pack must cost them every month. Which they pay out of their pocket with out requesting or accepting any type of donations themselves and instead they go out of their way to drive people to donate to the modders. If they were thieves like your so determined to label them as don't you think they would be trying to do things the other way around and attempt to make money from the pack.

• Moderators

While I'm at it, I checked the EE thread and found this

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1106178-125-equivalent-exchange-2-v1467/page__st__1160#entry14232698

Also did a quick "Pahimar technic" google search and found this chat transcript (assuming it is valid)

http://pastebin.com/3NY6uHzZ

and his Technic Forums profile which linked to his only post

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/modified-class-files-for-ee-trans-table-configurable-transmutation-table.7534/#post-61331

It mentions giving permission to technic, as long as there aren't any changes.

This part made me chuckle: "Cheapshot I tried saying hello to FC and he called me scum"

"pahimar That's FC and his personality heh"

But this part dumbstrucked me:

1. Cheapshot its hard when our website is the only place we can speak without being censored
  2. Cheapshot no matter what we say on MCforums our posts are deleted

What was that dumba$$ trolled about earlier on this thread?

There is a reason you guys aren't allowed on the Minecraft Forums, isn't there?

I thought he was simply trolling about. Was he... actually telling the truth? Is Kaker and Cheap kept out of MCF?

That must be the most childish thing I ever heard of...

The guys who run the MCForums are arbitory dicks, and they're a large part in /why/ all this shit has happoned with their false copyright advice, blind support of mods, censoring people trying to do damage control e.t.c.

basicaly, it's run by a bunch of people on Flowerchild's level of egotrips.

They tried to post their side of the story on the MCForums and their posts were deleted many of times during the whole forestry catastrophe. In fact most of the posts presenting our end of the story especially the sane ones were deleted and censored while most of the anti technic ones were left a lone mostly. Basically the moderators are mostly technic haters and are crazy about copy rights over their from what I've seen.

Which is why a lot of them are under the impression that the forestry author requested his mod to be removed and the technic devs refused. When the truth is that he never contacted them or even allowed the technic devs to talk to him despite their many tries to get a yes or no from him.

I bring up forestry due to the fact that it is at the core of the most recent anti technic hate due to the attention it brought to the subject.

The more I read this thread, the more curious I get.

First of all, I don't give a rat's ass about permissions. I agree wholeheartedly with the relation to Obama's birth certificate. He's running our country, and we haven't been completely destroyed yet, so why do we care about that? This modpack gives ample credit where the credit is due, they just do what it takes to make the mods work together. So why do we care about who has permission to do what? If the modpacks really didn't want us using it, they would tell us, and I'm sure the devs would take it out, albeit sadly. Then we'd have a tutorial on how to install it ourselves, and life would go on happily.

Second, everyone on the internet is a tough guy. They always want to be right, regardless if what they are right about it wrong. They will fight to the death to be right. I dunno, makes them all warm and fuzzy inside or something. Intelligent conversation/banter/discussion is one thing, but yelling and screaming without traces of evidence is a completely other matter.