Why not give idiots what they apparently need?

LazDude2012

I still don't understand why people are even wanting to see the permissions. Massive mods like IC2 existing in a popular modpack(If not the most popular) for so long should obviously show we have permission.

They don't really want to see permissions, they just want another reason to justify their unexplained hatred for the Technic pack. Some just don't want to look stupid when they yell, "They don't let me pirate it!" So instead they scream, "They don't have permissions!"

Edit: And whether or not we do or ever have is irrelevent to them. We could have had permissions from all mods ever in the pack, and from all mods that will ever be included in the pack from before we added them to the pack, they would still spread hearsay and say we didn't or just plain find something else to bitch about.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite thing is when people who hate technic rant on other forums about how "the technic devs said this!" and how we're totally justifying their bandwagon opinions of us because of "this post!" and "my god look what they're doing how dare they!". And everyone there goes "Woah! They cant say that, I knew they were assholes/criminals/hitlers!" before they start lighting the torches.

And then I click the links to see what they're talking about and they've linked to random people here who are not on the dev team in any way shape or form and don't represent us at all.

:psyduck:

This reminds me of a quote I heard from somewhere.

"You spread a good piece of bullshit around, and it turns into a big enough flaming tsunami, you're not gonna be able to stop it."

Or well... there is one thing it could compare to even better... They're called fanatic religious nut-jobs.

Same shit, different day. People on Dire's SMP videos talking about how they're working on a modpack so people can play all these great mods together in singleplayer, and I go Hey, Technic, It's A Thing. Of course, "they don't have permissions", so "yes they do", and then what's the proof they present (in about third-grade English)? An argument in the comments of a previous video.

Yeah, YouTube comments are a citeable source, now. Fuck me.

Same shit, different day. People on Dire's SMP videos talking about how they're working on a modpack so people can play all these great mods together in singleplayer, and I go Hey, Technic, It's A Thing. Of course, "they don't have permissions", so "yes they do", and then what's the proof they present (in about third-grade English)? An argument in the comments of a previous video.

I didn't realize an argument and some random person's word was a source you could irrefutably cite.

But hey, who knows, that random hater might actually be the most educated child on the subject of permissions, and know everything about law a 10-to-12-year-old could know about how 'illegal' our modpack is and why normal mods aren't.

Or well... there is one thing it could compare to even better... They're called fanatic religious nut-jobs.

When did this become the time or place to start bashing religions or religion in general? Because I certainly don't want any part of that pointless flame war that just pisses off would-be friends and divides the community.

It starts that way, but eventually it moves on and someone random takes offense and it escalates quickly. Best to quash it before it gets worse, in my opinion.

Example here, I decided I could stay involved but not involved by playing devil's advocate (No pun intended) and it got nobody nowhere and it was a mistake.

Edit: Also, I know religion was bashed from the get-go, but folks tend to blame fanaticism on the religion, as opposed to fanaticism on crazy people (Then people uninvolved in the topic get offended and join in). Religious fanatics as opposed to other forms were pointed out for a reason.

so, by internet law if I started this thread down the trail topic to Nazi's or hitler...will that put an end to this thread? :)

No, but it would subject you to godwins law, and require moderator intervention to set things back on track. Don't make me intervene please.

Okay, now THIS I have to see. DW's latest SMP video (32 I think)?

Its like Azanor's TC3 teaser, someone mentioned Tekkit and SMP and the shit storm just revved up, including the 'doesn't have permissions' thing. Honestly I doubt even if we put a long list of permissions up it'd even be regarded as accurate, as the haters would say its fabricated, and the users would say whatever.

Can I just say that I am suprised this isn't in the whale box yet? this thread has everything it needs for whale box. Flame wars, Stupid fanatics, References to obscure posts, hatred so thick you could cut it with a spoon, and talk about piracy and permsissions. The only thing it doesn't have is a link to lemon party.

The Whale Box is for retarded/flaming/troll threads, as I recall. The topic of this thread was nothing to do with any of those. Also, I find it funny how the first comment I found on that video to be thumbed-up that was for Technic was one that basically told a guy who said "Fuck Technic stop being lazy" to... Basically stop with all the Anti-Technic stuff as it's pointless and Technic/Tekkit is very convenient to use, especially in terms of ID conflicts and such.

Something I'm actually curious about, though. What DOES Technic have the permissions for, if not all the mods in it? Not that the permissions really matter to me all that much, because... Really, the way I see it, a modpack is like a large-scale version of installing mods manually, and then sharing said mods with other people. If you wanna bitch about permissions to use the mods in a modpack, you may as well make it so that you need permission to install the damn mod itself.