Why not give idiots what they apparently need?

LazDude2012

Also, some dickwad is impersonating me over there.

Anyone feel like helping me get a rat onto his system so I can have that account for myself?

what do you mean by getting a rat onto his system? do you want to hack it? Or are you gonna tell an admin and hope that they do something useful for once?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you mean by getting a rat onto his system? do you want to hack it? Or are you gonna tell an admin and hope that they do something useful for once?

a RAT, or Remote Access/Administration Tool is a program that is designed to allow a remote user access to and control over the machine it's installed on. if you've ever dealt with tech support and they had you go install something or go to a certain web page so that they could see your screen and control your mouse remotely, you've seen a RAT.

they have plenty of legit uses (go to my PC/log me in type services, remote tech support, etc). they also have plenty of nefarious uses, like taking over someone's PC to steal information or do other nasty things that you wouldn't want associated with your real IP or whatever.

I think that you should somehow publicize the fact that you have permission or message direwolf and ask him to tell people that tekkit actually does have permission and that he was mistaken because honestly before I saw this thread I didnt think you had permission for anything. But the minecraft forums arent that bad, its hard to manage as many users as they have so I can see why they would have to remove posts.

I think that you should somehow publicize the fact that you have permission or message direwolf and ask him to tell people that tekkit actually does have permission and that he was mistaken because honestly before I saw this thread I didnt think you had permission for anything. But the minecraft forums arent that bad, its hard to manage as many users as they have so I can see why they would have to remove posts.

When you enter the main page and click donate you are only allowed to donate to the makers of each mod. I think that should be enough for people to accept the pack. There are always going to be people that complain about it no matter what.

Its just a shame that a modding community can become so wrapped up in the whole adfly theme with many mod makers and how important a few dollars are its ridiculous. In the time I was around the Morrowind and Oblivion modding community I rarely remember even seeing donation links and some were put up at the request of users. Its just a bummer than its caused issues within this particular community.

In the end people who will use this pack will use it, those who wont will denounce it and cry while we enjoy our easy to use mod pack =D

When you enter the main page and click donate you are only allowed to donate to the makers of each mod. I think that should be enough for people to accept the pack. There are always going to be people that complain about it no matter what.

Its just a shame that a modding community can become so wrapped up in the whole adfly theme with many mod makers and how important a few dollars are its ridiculous. In the time I was around the Morrowind and Oblivion modding community I rarely remember even seeing donation links and some were put up at the request of users. Its just a bummer than its caused issues within this particular community.

In the end people who will use this pack will use it, those who wont will denounce it and cry while we enjoy our easy to use mod pack =D

Yeah, the TES modding communities are some of the best ones i've seen. just take the fact that there are no huge arguments over ownership due to butthurt creators

Yeah, the TES modding communities are some of the best ones i've seen. just take the fact that there are no huge arguments over ownership due to butthurt creators

If you ignore all the flamewars when certain mods got pissy about /not/ being in some of the popular overhaul packs.

There were also a couple silly people who tryed the 'it's my stuff' routene, but that just resulted in a better version by someone else showing up the next day.

It wasn't a good community, but it wasn't so outright toxic.

I find it funny how people think people consider Direwolf to be the end-all speaker for all mods everywhere.

Direwolf has a large enough community among mod users that him saying something /wrong/ could cause things to flare up. He interacts with the mod makers a lot too.

Honestly, he /is/ the closest thing to a figure head for interaction with the modding community. His channel is based on mod spotlights, he plays with the mod developers and does so while specalising in no mod, and isn't a developer himself.

He's in such a position he'll say little I suspect though.

Yes, but it would be better to have the people who wouldnt use it because they dont think it has proper permissions use it so that they also can have an easy to use modpack.

And anyone could stick a donate button anywhere and it doesnt prove to misinformed people you have permission for anything, adlfy may give them around 500 dollars a version if 100,000 people downloaded it assuming they didnt use adblock (ok maybe thats a bit exaggerated).

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been able to stomach their site layout long enough to find out.

That's part of the reason why I haven't gone there very long. Other part: Massive amounts of "HUR DUR MY OWN OBSIDIAN TOOLS MOD" and such things. It's really bad. Least MCForums has some organization.

Its not that exaggerated you even see it says $4 per 1,000 links, if nobody used adblock and everyone who downloaded the mods went to adfly then they could easily get 4 or 500 dollars from it.

So... put another way, they pay .4 cents per click? Is that what you're saying?