What was the best childhood game for you?

MrFly

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

Such a great game =)

Hell yeah! I remember getting that game for Christmas, didn't know what to expect really, I loaded it up and fell in love. The story and soundtrack were perfect, and it is still one of my favorite games.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minecraft.

Still a child and proud.

I'm gonna add in probably my favourite game from my younger years though, mostly because it was actually mentioned in this thread already...

Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast always was and always will be amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

General rule of thumb in most communities is that it's okay to post in threads which are still on page one. Depending on how active the forums in question are, subsequent pages might also be acceptable.

We don't measure it by pages. General rule of thumb is that if it's more than three weeks old, someone is probably going to grumble. I don't hand out points for anything less than a month though.

Honestly, the Pajama Sam games were my favorite.

I know, I know, not exactly your idea of a fantastic game (for those of you wondering what it is, it was a kid's puzzle game).

It had dark humor, creepy animations, and it was difficult as all hell.

I never beat it.

/me sinks down in her chair in shame

Later childhood, super smash brothers melee, for sure. My friends and I played for hours on end. Now, I'm in Uni, and I'm one of the best players here. I thank my lazy gamer friends for that :D

Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo. I would play that for hours upon end. I didn't actually max it out though until last summer. And of course there were the Mortal Kombat games on Super Nintendo, I would play those with my older half-brother all the time. And for the record, Emerald was the best Pokemon game ever

And for the record, Emerald was the best Pokemon game ever

No way. Not counting the various hacks and whatnot, Fire Red was the best, hands down. You get the benefit of a good selection of Generations 1 and 2, with the gameplay of gen 3.

No way. Not counting the various hacks and whatnot, Fire Red was the best, hands down. You get the benefit of a good selection of Generations 1 and 2, with the gameplay of gen 3.

It was a nice follow up to Gold and Silver I'll give it that, but it just didn't seem as good as Emerald to me. And the Johto region felt like an after thought to me, like it was just thrown together. I actually played FireRed and LeafGreen way before Gold and Silver. Had it been the other way around I would of probably liked FireRed more.

It was a nice follow up to Gold and Silver I'll give it that, but it just didn't seem as good as Emerald to me. And the Johto region felt like an after thought to me, like it was just thrown together. I actually played FireRed and LeafGreen way before Gold and Silver. Had it been the other way around I would of probably liked FireRed more.

I actually never played gold and silver. Lack of Gen1 pokemon is a dealbreaker, since the designs just got worse and worse over time.

I totally agree. Now, the RSE generation was fantastic, but as a kid, Kanto was my favorite region. It was the first region that was aired in the Pokemon series, which got me into the games. Ahh nostalgia :')