What was the best childhood game for you?

MrFly

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant be asked to read the whole thread. But I be an old fart and of the games played for more than a day a sitting:

PC/Commodore 64

Adventures in the Collossal Cave

Jumpman

Lode Runner

Wizball

Wizardy:Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord

Bards Tale

Gunship

Privateer

Xwing

Tie Fighter

Star Trek 25th Anniversary

Syndicate

Dambusters

Castle Wolfenstein

Atari 2600

Pitfall

River Raid

Air Sea Battle

Chopper Command

Pitfall 2

NES

Zelda

Zelda2

Super Mario 1,2,3

Kid Icarus

Contra

Metroid

Arkanoid

Final Fantasy 1,2

SNES

Zelda

Super Mario World

Shadowrun

7th Saga

Secret of Mana

Breath of Fire

Final Fantasy3

And frankly that is where the list expands beyond "childhood" years. I also played on an Ataria 7400 with programs I had to type into the machine and store on cassette. The occasional Intelivision, Collecovision, and Atari 7800 at friends houses.

DUDE. I can see your liver spots from over here.

The oldest I can recall is The Dungeons of Doom for the TI-85.

I had a precursor to that and I cant remember the name. It was a math castle adventure though. Back when they felt you had to be educated while gaming :)

Download Yuri's Revenge right now, and come back when your mind is changed forever.

Or Generals, if you're not into Red Alert. I never really liked Red Alert. I did like Tiberian Sun and Generals Zero Hour a lot, though.

I got the C&C complete pack, and about half of them didn't work on my computer. Of the rest that did, I never really got into The first two or three, and Tiberian Sun had some serious graphical issues. Fortunately, Generals and Zero Hour made up for it by being so awesome that I played nothing else for weeks...

• 3 weeks later...

I love Generals, but the multiplayer was so buggy that when I attempted to host a LAN lobby with friends it crashed within 5 seconds if more than 2 people played. I ended up giving up and going on SOASE, which was awesome. And so, #BigAssShip was born.

Legend of zelda....its the whole reason i can read...yes...video games gave me a life skill, how to read, specifically OOT and MM...a link to the past later...

OOT was the only zelda game i ever really got 100%...and i did that blind...no guide, no walkthrough, and the only advice i ever got was from my mom

"there is always more then one way to skin a cat"

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the system for me:

N64: Banjo Kazooey!

Gameboy Color: Pokemon Blue!

Nintendo: The Duck Hunt/Super Mario bros. double cartridge

Gameboy Advance: Pokemon Ruby!

I was a big Pokemon fan, also was the generation that started the pokemon craze. Kids these days have no idea what the original 151 meant to us. I was ecstatic when they released the new set of pokemon, only to be let down because they were nowhere near as good as the original. Each original had a specific personality, yet nowadays, they all have one, 'cute'. I remember the Squirtle squad, and all the other small personalities that went along with the original. Now they all are just bland and unoriginal.