What is everyones native language?

MrFly

I'm an american from Virginia so English with a slight drawl. I did take 3 years of German in highschool and really want to finish learning that language.

Ah so your from Virginia? I moved there for the schools and my fathers job. I live in arlington as for you?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took an intro class at PCC Sylvania campus, which i had to drop out of when i got my fancy full time job, but i kept my books, and my uncle (who lives in St. Petersburg) bought me a copy of Rosetta Stone with the russian lessons included.

English. Born and raised in Florida

Hablo pequiño espanol

我 是 爱 问(if that's incorrect I've taken it for 3 weeks)

Mine's English with no perceptible accent. I'm actually told people can't tell where I'm from, except that it's not the South.

Does that mean your are from the north/east/west?

My mother tongue is Dutch, and my English is quite good too, my Turkish is average, so is my French, under-average german and some crappy korean and japanese too Xd

Edit: English with a British accent, got rid of the Dutch accent (was a pain to do)

Great everyone! I will be taking German for this last year of high school for me (Yorktown FTW!) and then I will carry on. I forgot to mention I speak fluent Arabic and Latin also so hopefully I will get into a great college.

I was always disappointed that the Arabic side of my family (My mom) didn't teach me their language when I was really young, at the same time as French. It would have been pretty cool to be a bilingual from the beginning. Plus, now I would be tri(+1)lingual, with French, English, Latin AND Arabic. I am also interested in learning Danish or Swedish someday, I would love to maybe live or study there for a few years.

• Moderators

I am also interested in learning Danish or Swedish someday, I would love to maybe live or study there for a few years.

Protip: I'd drop danish and just move to Sweden, the language is way easier then danish and the swedish girls... oh mamma mia bella notte!

There is a good reason why they picked swedish girls in bond movies.

I've also been to Ericsson Globe (for a Lady Gaga concert) and seen a great portion of Stockholm. Beautiful city!

Protip: I'd drop danish and just move to Sweden, the language is way easier then danish and the swedish girls... oh mamma mia bella notte!

There is a good reason why they picked swedish girls in bond movies.

I've also been to Ericsson Globe (for a Lady Gaga concert) and seen a great portion of Stockholm. Beautiful city!

Swedish girls are the best of the best. ;D

Born in Turkey, so it's Turkish. Now I live for 12 years in Holland, so then Dutch comes. English is fine and at my school I learn Cambridge English, French (man I hate French), German, Dutch in advanced, old Greek and Latin. For some people who like it, there is also Chinese and Spanish, but I'm glad I haven't taken those.

what's it feel like to live in a country that is named after poultry in probably the shittiest language in the world?