Modpacks won't launch | never had this problem since the last patch

LancelotTheOfficial

Question

Imma let you this picture and you should be able to understand.
http://prntscr.com/9nu3po <---- this explains it all

And I want to clearly say that I never had problems with the launcher since the last patch !
Oh, don't forget that I don't speak Java ... so don't speak to me in Java... Use English instead please :P

Don't tell me to get a new version of java as I already tried.

Thanks in advance !

~Lancelot

14 answers to this question

Imma let you this picture and you should be able to understand.
http://prntscr.com/9nu3po <---- this explains it all

And I want to clearly say that I never had problems with the launcher since the last patch !
Oh, don't forget that I don't speak Java ... so don't speak to me in Java... Use English instead please :P

Don't tell me to get a new version of java as I already tried.

Thanks in advance !

~Lancelot

The SLF4J thing is nothing. Ignore it. Did you download the 64 bit version of java? Set your allocated RAM to 2-3 gig in launcher options

I did sir.
but it still reads the java arguments -Xms512MB
I don't know where to delete this argument.
All I know is that either the launcher is fucked up or my Java as I have 16 GB of ram .... it should automatically put like 2GB or 4GB.
I have the version 8 of java 64 bit but I can't select it in the launcher. That may be the problem.
But after istalling the last version of java 7 64 bit it's still not working.

Here's what it says in the console:
[B#339]  Error occurred during initialization of VM
[B#339]  Incompatible minimum and maximum heap sizes specified <--- where can I change them ?? I tried to find java options but I still can't change anything.
[B#339]  Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512M

Edited by LancelotTheOfficial
console

Thats very weird indeed, I'll see if googling it brings up anything

option 1:
if you have 64-bit java, you can run it directly from "C:Program FilesJavajre#binjava.exe" replacing the # symbol with either 7 or 8 depending on which version you have installed, so you'd just replace the "java" part in the batch file with that entire string, including the quotes.

There is also other people saying this:
yes! ive managed to get it working myself. i just uninstalled every version of java then installed it again and now it works. Thanks Gen

Edited by jumpandshootbeef

I have no idea what it causing this, you sure you allocated 2-3 gig ram?

He sure is allocating 2-3 GB of ram, that java option is just overriding it, and forcing it back to 512MB.

You'll have to navigate the the right screen, delete the Java_Options variable, then try again.

It probably aint the official site, but this site explains how to get to the environment variable screen:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm

The problem is clearly the launcher.... There must be a fix for it but I can't help on my side.As I said the other 3rd party launchers are working... I changed the variable of java options and it fully shows that it worked when I use normal minecraft or any other launchers.Please devs fix !!! I never had this problem.

If you changed it, please give us the new log.