The Technic Forums Occupation and Education Discussion Thread

Bloodwarrior99

I was just wondering what the difference of Technic and Tekkit was. I have been using Tekkit for the time being as I played on a server with my friends. Now that I am quite done doing that and might want to do another server with my friends I wanted to know what is different between Technic and Tekkit? They seem very similar, but I want to know why I should choose one or the other to play on.

Technic is composed of, in addition to or instead of the mods in Tekkit that will function together for multiplayer, mods that are either written only for single-player, or will not function on an MP server. In other words, Technic = SP (single-player) only, Tekkit = SP or MP, but designed for MP.

Edit: SG types more simply and therefore more quickly, which is funny, because I'm a mechanical engineer and he's a nuclear engineer.

Couldn't tell you, but half of our nuke program consists of mechanical classes. Lots of thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, hell even magnetohydrodynamics for the guys that take plasma classes.

I think it's more that those are interdisciplinary classes that happen to cross with mechanical a lot. Purely Mechanical Engineering classes are more in the range of Statics, Dynamics, and Mechanics of Materials (which I'm sure nuke program classes at least touch).

Couldn't tell you, but half of our nuke program consists of mechanical classes. Lots of thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, hell even magnetohydrodynamics for the guys that take plasma classes.

MoM! That's why I want to be a nukelear engineer like uncle Simpleguy!

Computer or Petroleum Engineer! Woot. Still haven't decided which but i'm definitely not doing civil (In that class for a semester, part of a 4 year engineering course thing from grades 9-12 that gives me a bit of each field. Next semester= electrical!)

Sooo...the mods have officially derailed a thread. Shall we rename it to disguise the problem?

I guess the OP got their answer.

I was just about to comment on that. You should warn yourselves just so you don't encourage that sort of thing I think. Damn derailers! ...Oh wait :(

I'm the Manager of External Operations in a medical peer review company. It's my job to coordinate doctors, sales guys, tech guys, nurses, and hospital managers who use our system in external offices.

@_@ Somebody please, for the love of whatever gods may be, kill me.

I am a co-founder and primary field tech of a family business. we do residential and small business IT support.

education wise, I'm at some college + a few IT certs. not a fan of school, despite being more than capable of passing classes and whatnot. I still take the occasional class for work purposes.

• Moderators

So this is where we take off our masks and reveal ourselves? No thanks :P

I'm a driver and this is my dream:

mPTvG.jpg

and also my only reason for existence.

Unless I get kids and get married, but fortunately, I have taken a career that requires my fullest attention.

Edit. Did I kill this thread? Or did people loose their tongues looking at this amazing king of the road? :)

I am a QC inspector for oil field products, and have been for 4 years, in a shop with API 6A, Q1, QMS+, and ISO 9001 certifications. I maintain two nationally recognized NDE certifications for Mag Particle and Liquid Penetrant ASNT TC-1A Level II. I am an AWS certified weld inspector. I formerly was a manual and CNC machinist for 6 years, and I went to college for a year for Computer Sciences with a focus on software programming.

I'm surrounded by people who would be my idols if I knew them in real life.

Anyway, I'm a student, and I study. Hopefully going to study something that sounds like thermodynamics and physics someday.

Dude, you should totally become a boiler repair dude. That's thermodynamics!

In the UK, all new houses will no longer be fitted with gas heating. Meaning spare parts and people to repair stuff will be in real short supply.

So who is willingly going to train in gas boiler repair and maintenance?

Someone smart, that's who.