RAGE!!!!!! EE3

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you do to deal with it.

You did nothing wrong, it was the greifer's fault per se (per se talking about greifer not fault).

Forget "per se" altogether, as it may cause the wrong idea.

oh we turned EE off.

Too many people was running around transmuting in towns ruining houses, mass fabing every type of item in the game automated with a dim anchor and condenser, basically playing with EE in all the wrong ways because it was so powerful they could break things with it faster than someone could notice.

Not to mention those that wanted to play 'legit' and gather the materials, couldnt out do those using EE to make the "look at my diamond and gold block mansion". it took down the 'wow thats a lot of work and nice' factor of the stuff that was made by hand...because anything that WAS done that way and looked good..people just ASSUMED it was all EE'd in. and the builders felt like crap having to defend all the time it wasn't.

And by the time we restricted enough of EE so new people couldn't do it, EE lost its point of having it for those that could be responsible with it..So we just decided by server choice that EE wasn't worth the hassle.

oh we turned EE off.

Too many people was running around transmuting in towns ruining houses, mass fabing every type of item in the game automated with a dim anchor and condenser, basically playing with EE in all the wrong ways because it was so powerful they could break things with it faster than someone could notice.

Not to mention those that wanted to play 'legit' and gather the materials, couldnt out do those using EE to make the "look at my diamond and gold block mansion". it took down the 'wow thats a lot of work and nice' factor of the stuff that was made by hand...because anything that WAS done that way and looked good..people just ASSUMED it was all EE'd in.

And by the time we restricted enough of EE so new people couldn't do it, EE lost its point of having it for those that could be responsible with it..So we just decided by server choice that EE wasn't worth the hassle.

Oh okay. It is sad that you would have to do that. Don't get me wrong, everyone can get annoying sometimes, but that's just sad.

EDIT:I was kind of just restating what had already been stated on this tread now that I think about it.

Plus the excitement of minecraft was gone for some with EE. the actual excitement they missed of being down to red on a diamond pick, and hitting diamonds so they can make a new one while trying to start off a town.

Or if trying to make a machine setup and needing diamonds..setting up a quarry and waiting to see if it mines enough diamonds for them to finish it all..or if it was a waste of 2 days of waiting to start over. Or trying to work on a factory setup with only coal as fuel, and running low and the good feeling of actually going out and finding some.

With EE, they lost that whole "risk vs reward" feeling, the 'unknown' factor of what you was going to find that day to work with.

where having 10 diamonds was amazing....to going where you think "crap I only got 1/2 a chest of diamonds left..need to transmute some more"

You know, the little things that bring so much happiness while playing..or excitement over the details of what happened, didn't happen anymore when they could turn anything into anything else.

Plus the excitement of minecraft was gone for some with EE. the actual excitement they missed of being down to red on a diamond pick, and hitting diamonds so they can make a new one while trying to start off a town.

Or if trying to make a machine setup and needing diamonds..setting up a quarry and waiting to see if it mines enough diamonds for them to finish it all..or if it was a waste of 2 days of waiting to start over. Or trying to work on a factory setup with only coal as fuel, and running low and the good feeling of actually going out and finding some.

With EE, they lost that whole "risk vs reward" feeling, the 'unknown' factor of what you was going to find that day to work with.

where having 10 diamonds was amazing....to going where you think "crap I only got 1/2 a chest of diamonds left..need to transmute some more"

You know, the little things that bring so much happiness while playing..or excitement over the details of what happened, didn't happen anymore when they could turn anything into anything else.

Yeah its overwhelming and incredible going from vanilla to EE2. Especially when the chest is 5x larger than a double chest.

I said this one another thread, but I wanted to start a thread on my own starting with the same comment.

"Come on people! I love being filthy rich! Get over it! If Panihamar, or whatever, is going to take out useful things like condensers, collectors, red matter (yes, red matter-no more mourning stars or katars), etc. he better make awesome replacements or he is going to have a lot of complaints (hopefully, anyways). Also (yes, another complaint), why can't he add EMC pipes to Tekkit? Never mind, he is good on that one. I missed the (few) good things like EMC pipes."

I was talking just a hair irrational and I was blinded with rage;hence, the name of the thread being "RAGE!!! EE3".

oh we turned EE off.

Not to mention those that wanted to play 'legit' and gather the materials, couldnt out do those using EE to make the "look at my diamond and gold block mansion". it took down the 'wow thats a lot of work and nice' factor of the stuff that was made by hand...because anything that WAS done that way and looked good..people just ASSUMED it was all EE'd in. and the builders felt like crap having to defend all the time it wasn't.

I say that people are only stronger than there worst weakness.

I have to go, so if you reply, you probably won't from me till tomorrow.

Personally I never saw the point of EE as a mod as a whole. It doesn't seem to add anything to gameplay... well, I suppose the flying ring is nicer than IC2's jetpack. But, having disabled EE on my server, my friends and I have never felt like we're missing anything. There's no feature that we wish we had, no key block or structure missing from our grand designs, nobody saying "I could do this so much better if I could just use X". We still have more resources than we could possibly ever use up, too. It's like despite its massive popularity, the mod has barely any content at all.

I was glad to hear that the mod is now under new management and that apparently Thaumcraft 2 had a significant impact on Pahimar's vision for EE3. If he can move it away from the passive resource gimmick and towards actual content and gameplay, he will create a far more interesting and compelling mod (and one that might actually be allowed to run on a server for a change).

Personally I never saw the point of EE as a mod as a whole. It doesn't seem to add anything to gameplay... well, I suppose the flying ring is nicer than IC2's jetpack. But, having disabled EE on my server, my friends and I have never felt like we're missing anything. There's no feature that we wish we had, no key block or structure missing from our grand designs, nobody saying "I could do this so much better if I could just use X". We still have more resources than we could possibly ever use up, too. It's like despite its massive popularity, the mod has barely any content at all.*

I was glad to hear that the mod is now under new management and that apparently Thaumcraft 2 had a significant impact on Pahimar's vision for EE3. If he can move it away from the passive resource gimmick and towards actual content and gameplay, he will create a far more interesting and compelling mod (and one that might actually be allowed to run on a server for a change).

It would be cool because Thaumcraft has all the magic-like abilities of EE2 and the science-like abilities of IC2, BC, RP2, etc.

Well, yeah I guess it is overpowered. You go onto a Tekkit server, and all you see is a bunch of people who spent 3 hours making red matter. Now, I could never do this. I bad at doing things quickly. Anyways, it would be cool to see a Tekkit server where not everyone is filthy rich. I guess that's why some admins ban EE2. Back to my case however, besides being filthy rich, it is cool to have so many diamonds. I also like the red matter stuff like mourning stars and katars, but I will NEVER be a maige. Sure I have maige tools; so what, sue me. The maige tools are awesome and so are the other mods' tools. I also use things that generate EMC to make a HUGE amount of diamonds, dark matter, red matter-basically whatever I desire.*I both agree with you, but don't you think it is just the slightest bit unfair to take away very useful stuff. Hopefully he (I don't know how to spell his name correctly) will make a better transmuting system, and we (we probably means I and a few other people) can stop whining about it. For now, we can be grateful for what we (actually we this time) have in our Tekkit worlds and servers.

EDIT: Notice the underlined parts in both quotes.

It would be cool because Thaumcraft has all the magic-like abilities of EE2 and the science-like abilities of IC2, BC, RP2, etc.

EDIT: Notice the underlined parts in both quotes.

What would be cool? I have read through this thread and i don't know what you are refering to when you say "It would be cool because...."

Also, what's this word you keep using, "maige"? Google brings me to some kabalarian philosophy website and tells me it's a first name. Or are you just misspelling "mage"?

I think the most important thing is the removal of the condenser. Sure it's handy, but in truth it's the cause of all the problems. While energy collectors can create free energy, they at least cost a lot to make at any sort of speed. Cheaper and more effective cross-mod dupes are one of the worst things about EE2. However, both are nothing without the Condensor. I can't say I'll be all that sorry to see it go really, as long as the transmutation tablet stays. It's a lot fairer, can't be automated(to my knowledge at least), and can't generate free EMC. It's learning is also pretty nice, so in all it's far more balanced than before. Without free energy, EE becomes some awesome yet hard to obtain items, and the ability to simply go "oh, I don't have enough of x material, but I have plenty of y material, I'll swap y for x at a fair rate". Quite simply, it does exactly what it says on the tin - exchange equivalently. Very useful and convenient if used properly, which is why I like it.

What would be cool? I have read through this thread and i don't know what you are refering to when you say "It would be cool because...."

Also, what's this word you keep using, "maige"? Google brings me to some kabalarian philosophy website and tells me it's a first name. Or are you just misspelling "mage"?

"It" refers to Panihamar adding Thaumcraft-like things to EE3; Panihamar adding Thaumcraft-like things to EE3 would be cool because Thaumcraft has all the magic-like abilities of EE2 and the science-like abilities of IC2, BC, RP2, etc. Also, I thought mage was spelled maige. Plus, my auto-correct keeps telling me to put maige.

Personally I never saw the point of EE as a mod as a whole. It doesn't seem to add anything to gameplay... well, I suppose the flying ring is nicer than IC2's jetpack. But, having disabled EE on my server, my friends and I have never felt like we're missing anything. There's no feature that we wish we had, no key block or structure missing from our grand designs, nobody saying "I could do this so much better if I could just use X". We still have more resources than we could possibly ever use up, too. It's like despite its massive popularity, the mod has barely any content at all.

The one thing that separates thaumcraft from EE, is the process of getting your items. In EE, all you do is farm the mats, then plop it into a crafting bench and boom, you have a really OP set of armor. Whereas in thaumcraft, you have to spend a lot more time doing unique things for each item that you're researching. For example, to charge the flying carpet, you have to grab extracts of the purest air, which can only be created in the Infuser, which requires very unique materials.

I'm just gonna pop in here and say what I always say on EE threads... EE SUCKS FOR SMP SURVIVAL AND SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ADDED TO TEKKIT. I haven't bothered to read up on EE3 but if it really is removing all the crap that makes 12 year olds go into my server and bitch about NO EE THIS SERVER SUX UR ALL GAY!!11 then big cheers to the author.

Just to chime in with my two cents; nope, not the least bit concerned Panihamar took out condensers, collectors, and red matter. EE2 for SMP is a nightmare to balance to make it enjoyable (rather, make it so it's not so exploitable and OP that many players get either so rich they lose interest while others who don't go that path get sick of the play style of the former and quit); I spent about 3 weeks, after applying the community patches for allowing the tools to get logged properly, going through and tweaking EE2... then recompiling.... then swearing... compiling again... to try to get it to a playable state. Even with those changes, I ended up having to leave most amulets/rings/collectors/gem armor banned.

We're kind of lucky right now because our core user base decided not to go the EE2 route.... they're material rich but it's because they've spent a month or two just working hard; plus there's a resource world to strip if they need to (so our main world doesn't get pockmarked)... and EE2 doesn't work there :).

Personally, I like EE, although I do not use condensers or collectors. I use it so I don't have to have a billion chests full of stuff, and it's nice to be able to turn my diamonds into iron or other blocks I may need for a build. I also like that I don't have to destroy a desert biome to get glass. The only thing I currently use red matter for is the RM furnace, although I would be fine using a dark matter furnace. Because we don't use condensers or collectors, it does take quite a bit of time mining to be able to afford expensive machinery and tools. I think the red matter tools are too efficient, they dig way too fast. I have a red matter pick that I literally only use if I need to move my rm furnace. Trying to build with it is nearly impossible, especially if I'm building something with marble and need to make a window (one click and 95 blocks come down). I honestly don't feel like EE is OP without using condensers and collectors as I still have to collect materials and mine to earn EMC for other blocks. As for Quarries, I never have and never will use them. Huge holes in the ground are definitely an eye sore.

I used to be a big fan of personal choice. But after a while of playing without EE on my server and seeing new people join and go straight for the condensors and collectors I kinda wish I had forced my no EE views upon everyone else. There are just so many people with such ugly houses with a Mk3 Power Flower on the roof. It makes the server boring when people play like that. And most of the people who use EE like that don't even know what to do when they've made all their power tools. They get bored. And then there's the 'economy'. I don't have any kind of money on the server, but EE just devalues everything. Someone makes a EE powered solar power factory and suddenly the advanced nuclear reactor that was worked on for hours has a piss poor output by comparison. Then the guy with the solar panels starts giving them away or trading them dirt cheap. It's just not how I wanted my server to run.

I used to be a big fan of personal choice. But after a while of playing without EE on my server and seeing new people join and go straight for the condensors and collectors I kinda wish I had forced my no EE views upon everyone else. There are just so many people with such ugly houses with a Mk3 Power Flower on the roof. It makes the server boring when people play like that. And most of the people who use EE like that don't even know what to do when they've made all their power tools. They get bored. And then there's the 'economy'. I don't have any kind of money on the server, but EE just devalues everything. Someone makes a EE powered solar power factory and suddenly the advanced nuclear reactor that was worked on for hours has a piss poor output by comparison. Then the guy with the solar panels starts giving them away or trading them dirt cheap. It's just not how I wanted my server to run.

The prime example of why most server admins disable EE. Tekkit is more fun without it. Stuff like Energy Collectors just gives free items. Solar Panels combined with Mass Fabricators sadly give the same effect, but to a lesser extent.

The prime example of why most server admins disable EE. Tekkit is more fun without it. Stuff like Energy Collectors just gives free items. Solar Panels combined with Mass Fabricators sadly give the same effect, but to a lesser extent.

I'm not sure how you work that out, as solar panels won't run a mass fabricator. You need at least 1 HV solar array to run it. Have you ever worked out the cost of an HV Solar array? My husband and I made 2 and it took us days of just crafting after we already had the materials. It's thousands upon thousands of parts for them. And unless you have a constant source of scrap pumping into a recycler, a mass fabricator isn't going to make UU matter very fast.

I'm not sure how you work that out, as solar panels won't run a mass fabricator. You need at least 1 HV solar array to run it. Have you ever worked out the cost of an HV Solar array? My husband and I made 2 and it took us days of just crafting after we already had the materials. It's thousands upon thousands of parts for them. And unless you have a constant source of scrap pumping into a recycler, a mass fabricator isn't going to make UU matter very fast.

I can relate... I have the materials to make at least 10 HVSA's, but they're just too much of a pain in the ass to make. :/

You guys should learn how to make a factory to assemble solar panels. It's really not all that hard.

With a good solar panel factory it is very possible to build a self expanding unlimited energy machine.

Simply design the solar panel factory to convert uu mater into all the resources needed to build the solar panels. That are than automatically combined into arrays of increasing size until they become HV solar arrays. Which are than placed in to the world and wired up by a frame machine to power the massfab to make more UU mater faster.

The longer the system runs the more solar panels it will create and the faster the machine will run to where your making a new HV array every few minutes for free.

As for EE3 I look forward to it and all the changes it will bring.