Windows 8 Tekkit

JayDez

Okay. So I am sorry if I post this thread in the wrong area.

Okay back to topic. So I have recently updated to Windows 8 and for MINECRAFT & TEKKIT It is not compatible.

So I would love it if anyone could help me? On how to fix this problem?

YES YOU MAY CALL ME NOOB X_x

Sincerely. JD507 .AKA. JayDez

Well this is obviously the wrong place, since this is "Off Topic Discussion" (where the topic is Technic/Tekkit, of course), and your issue is that Tekkit isn't working.

You also seem to have not read the rules, you might wish to do so if you want an enjoyable and/or long-lasting experience here.

As to your problem... what's not compatible? Java? The launcher? You gave us nothing but the vaguest of non-descriptions, we're not going to be able to help you with anything until you give us details. Come back with more information and post in the proper section, and you should get the help you need. Check first to see if anyone else has had this issue before though (I suspect this would be a "yes").

First: Don't sign your posts. You'll get in trouble for that.

Second, this is in the wrong area.

Third, what do you mean by not compatible? Does it crash? If so, any error messages? Does it just plain not run? Do you have Java installed?

Can't help you much if you just flat say it's not working.

I have Java installed BUT I updated to Windows 8 & now Minecraft and tekkit are broke. Broke as in when I start them it just goes directly to a black or white screen. No errors just nothing it looks like it starts normally but It never starts! It just stays on white screen

And sorry for posting in wrong place I just joined today

It doesn't matter when you joined, you're being willfully ignorant by picking a random forum and posting in it instead of the proper forum, and ignoring the rules of the board as well. Did you even bother to look for other threads about this to see if anyone else has/had the same issue?

Additionally, don't double post, just edit your post.

Lastly, this is STILL the wrong place, find the proper forum and post your issue there with more detail than "shit's broke pls halp" if you actually want help.

That's it. He joined today and will probably never come back... poor git. Yet another newbie beaten on the head with the sad, over pushed 'rules' in this forum.

Sticking 'WARNING' all over his first ever post is just not needed.

No wonder this forum has such a bad name everywhere else.

It runs fine in compatibility mode on my work computer that has Win 8 on it.

Had to re-install Java however

At the risk of repeating a previously made post, what is actually wrong with 8?

Memory leaks. Stupid looking GUI. Not to mention the new GUI is a resource hog. Also it's obvious Microsoft is trying to sell their new laptops with touch screen.

I prefer 7. I have run 8. My favorite is XP.

Memory leaks are an application problem, not a Windows one. The GUI is not a resource hog, and has consistently shown to outperform windows 7 on every occasion.

Also it's obvious Microsoft is trying to sell their new laptops with touch screen.

A company trying to sell a product? no wai

Stick with 7 if you wish, but know it isn't superior to 8.

Hey. I’m just going to put this out there that I am having the exact same problem with Windows 8, have re installed java about 5 times, bought a new graphics card, re installed every driver I could think of, ran in windows 7 and XP compatibility mode, and still the problem percists. I have downgraded to XP just to continue playing tekkit but want to use Windows 8 so please do not dismiss this person's request for help by telling him the normal fixes should work and telling him his first post is BS. Yes he was a little short of info and in the wrong forum but this is his first post! You help him with his problem and gently tell him what he has done wrong! You don't threaten the ban hammer on him! What is wrong with you people?

I guarantee that this is the worst forum I have ever seen and that this should not happen again. Most of the people on here are very nice and helpful and I hope you don’t turn away from the forms because of this.

That's it. He joined today and will probably never come back... poor git. Yet another newbie beaten on the head with the sad, over pushed 'rules' in this forum.

The first thing I do when going to an unfamiliar place, internet or otherwise, is read the rules, figure out a little bit about how the place works, and watch and listen. That's what everyone should do. If we need to remind some "poor git" that's how the world works, so be it.

The first thing I do when going to an unfamiliar place, internet or otherwise, is read the rules, figure out a little bit about how the place works, and watch and listen. That's what everyone should do. If we need to remind some "poor git" that's how the world works, so be it.

This^ ALWAYS. If you moved to a new country and didn't learn the laws. Would a police officer go easy on you? (Answer: Nope) So why should the mods here do any different. This place is one of the cleanest places on the internet thanks to them.

So that's it. I'm a stupid newbie for trying to make this guy that was scared off feel better.

Yes. And he's a stupid newbie for not reading the rules. We have many many examples of people on this board that were stupid newbies and aren't any more. Get over it.

In all fairness, he was told his mistake and he did persist in it. It's not as if he didn't know what he was doing wrong throughout the thread. Posting in the right place is generally a good idea in forums, and ignoring people when they tell you you've done something wrong is worse.

Memory leaks are an application problem, not a Windows one. The GUI is not a resource hog, and has consistently shown to outperform windows 7 on every occasion.

A company trying to sell a product? no wai

Stick with 7 if you wish, but know it isn't superior to 8.

Why do you feel the need to be confrontational on every thread ie seen you on? Sorry to say but you are not always right.

Yes. And he's a stupid newbie for not reading the rules. We have many many examples of people on this board that were stupid newbies and aren't any more. Get over it.

This should have been an easy one yes, but some of the board names - I have no clue what they are meant for. Obviously some kind of e-kid jokes but they make no sense to me.