XyCraft

slektomper

Lol, minium stone then, mage.

I'm going to set up a system that I can right click, put items in, craft X amount of circuits. Honestly I used most of my iron Modular Powersuit-ing but it's still lovely. I also can start amassing EU by Solar Panels

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

project tables are still nice if you got to craft 1 item every now and then (like frames for forestry) i don't have to always look up the recipe

however for the logic gates and such...

From what I remember, Fabricators now include that functionality, so that you are able to give it a redstone pulse to craft a single item. You can also put unstackable items in. Although, having an option to output to a pipe/adjacent inventory as an option (similar to the way thermal expansion handles it) wouldn't go amiss.

Lol, minium stone then, mage.

I'm going to set up a system that I can right click, put items in, craft X amount of circuits. Honestly I used most of my iron Modular Powersuit-ing but it's still lovely. I also can start amassing EU by Solar Panels

acually i use the pocket crafting table from factorization (cheaper to) minium stone is just for transmuting, i mean like all i have to do with a project table once in a while is go over shift-click a couple times to get some frames

From what I remember, Fabricators now include that functionality, so that you are able to give it a redstone pulse to craft a single item. You can also put unstackable items in. Although, having an option to output to a pipe/adjacent inventory as an option (similar to the way thermal expansion handles it) wouldn't go amiss.

would be nice...but Soryan can't make them to awsome can he?

i also meant crafting logic gates, not the part about redstone control, although that is awsome as well :)

I hate the pocket crafting table, I use it at the basic start of my game but dumping out items if you have too much inv space gets crazy. With a minium stone (Easy to get with a Soul Shards/vanilla spawner.) I have millions of the things. I have a wood farm so it easily pays for itself (wood - obby - iron - gold - diamond) etc.

But I do much prefer the Fabricator. I'm really excited about how cool XyCraft is turning out to be. When I start piping lava from the nether, chances are I'll use Xy-tanks.

Hmm.. my post didn't post. Well, here it is again:

Was this post raised from the dead? I'm pretty sure I've seen it before and the original post was from december.

Yes, it was. But it was a high effort post, so we let it slide.

OnTopic:

12x12x12 MultiTank full of steam? Hell. Yes.

Yes, it was. But it was a high effort post, so we let it slide.

OnTopic:

12x12x12 MultiTank full of steam? Hell. Yes.

Isn't that somewhat... Excessive? Not to say it isn't cool, but still. I wonder.. Hybrid combination of RC tanks and Multitanks...

I hate the pocket crafting table, I use it at the basic start of my game but dumping out items if you have too much inv space gets crazy. With a minium stone (Easy to get with a Soul Shards/vanilla spawner.) I have millions of the things. I have a wood farm so it easily pays for itself (wood - obsidian - iron - gold - diamond) etc.

But I do much prefer the Fabricator. I'm really excited about how cool XyCraft is turning out to be. When I start piping lava from the nether, chances are I'll use Xy-tanks.

Cool. You know, could you try out the endertanks and tell us how it turns out?

Endertanks are cool, and work well.

Yes, excessive as f**k, but I also have 128 stacks of Steam Void Capsules. And I love steam. A tonne.

Also, please don't double post? Makes me splurge out about it IRL :(

Sorry, I read them and posted them seperately. :P I'll try better next time, though. :)

AFAIK, they seem like Auto-crafting tables but it "remembers" multiple recipes? I dunno, haven't had a reason to fiddle with one yet.

I did mess around with the Multi-tank structures in Creative, though. Apparently they seem to defy some internal logic of multistructures, since they can be composed of pratically most Xyblocks you can make (except for viewing glass, but that works in the middle parts. Must test the lamps.) They do have a theoretical limit of just above 1,000 buckets--I tried a megastructure to test that, and that was the limit I hit. And all the tank data is stored in the Valve Block, so you can do interesting things like merge multiple tanks that contain the same liquid. I need to do more testing with multitanks, but this is a hugely useful alternative to Railcraft tanks and aren't prohibitively expensive if you just want to toss up some liquid storage.

Note: each empty cube in a hollow tank is worth 16 buckets, or 16,000 in whatever measure it's in, so don't be misled by the numbers. Feel free to crunch some theoretical numbers for fun.

I can't find out for myself at the moment, so I'll ask here. What do these fabricators actually do? They sound awesome.

they are automatic crafting tables with an invotory...the best part

you can use NEI to imout the recipe (with ghost blocks)

fabricators and also pull items from adjacent fabricators (so you know those iron picks you need for block breakers? yeah you can make a stack of those instantly with fabricators (and enough matrials)

they also got a redstone control, so you disable it with/without redstone or even have in pulse mode so that every pulse it gets it crafts 1 of that item

of and they are neat looking and show the recipe when its being made on top

i got 1 fabricator currently and i use to craft my logic gates, i got a supplier pipe under it to feed all the components...all i need to do is get the recipe in NEI then flick the lever a couple times...boom 1 timer 1 AND gate 2 toggle latches, all but flicking a lever.

think that is all

EDIT:

AFAIK, they seem like Auto-crafting tables but it "remembers" multiple recipes? I dunno, haven't had a reason to fiddle with one yet.

I did mess around with the Multi-tank structures in Creative, though. Apparently they seem to defy some internal logic of multistructures, since they can be composed of pratically most Xyblocks you can make (except for viewing glass, but that works in the middle parts. Must test the lamps.) They do have a theoretical limit of just above 1,000 buckets--I tried a megastructure to test that, and that was the limit I hit. And all the tank data is stored in the Valve Block, so you can do interesting things like merge multiple tanks that contain the same liquid. I need to do more testing with multitanks, but this is a hugely useful alternative to Railcraft tanks and aren't prohibitively expensive if you just want to toss up some liquid storage.

Note: each empty cube in a hollow tank is worth 16 buckets, or 16,000 in whatever measure it's in, so don't be misled by the numbers. Feel free to crunch some theoretical numbers for fun.

i think that the max sized (12*12) hold 1.6 million buckets worth of X

12*12*12 you mean. :P

Also, the Xycraft tanks can be made of ANY solid block (transparent blocks like glowstone/etc don't work for the outer frame), not just Xycraft blocks. If you want to learn a lot about how they work, watch dw20's spotlight on the latest public Xycraft.

12*12*12 you mean. :P

Also, the Xycraft tanks can be made of ANY solid block (transparent blocks like glowstone/etc don't work for the outer frame), not just soft blocks. If you want to learn a lot about how they work, watch dw20's spotlight on the latest public Xycraft.

FTFY

But if we're talking string theory business, it could also be 12 minutes wide and 12 minutes deep O.o

by 12 minutes tall!

that would mean that you could hold 1.6 million hours in there haha

EDIT: arn't we geniuses

FTFY

uhh....thanks, i think you corrected my grammer?