XyCraft

slektomper

im not sure how many people have heard about this mod, but ive just seen it and.. wow.

http://imgur.com/a/L2Idx

some awesome images there

http://imgur.com/a/Wetv4

and thats the powernet (like IC or BC power)

i'm hoping that Technic can get permissions for this, but he appears to have done something similar to Thaumcraft :/

Current Modpack Permissions:

• ONLY Feed The Beast has my permission to redistribute XyCraft at this time. For now that is the one and only mod pack that has that permission until future notice. (Feed The Beast as in FTB)

sigh...

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The past few months we have been getting glimpses on Direwolfs server vids.

Soaryn hangs out with Direwolf a lot on server so we get to hear and see a lot of it's development.

There are some right pains on that server who despite being there to test out their mods just troll non stop and get on everyones nerves.

Those that watch will know who I am talking of.

Soaryn though seems like a genuine nice guy. I could see this coming though where he released it to FTB. It was sickening during the FTB launch on stream when Slowpoke make such a huge public deal of what a great guy he is buying Soaryn a piece of hardware. Some tablet if I recall.

Any decent person would have done it quietly.

I felt sorry for Soaryn as in front of hundreds of people he had to publicly be gracious.

Not saying he wasn't grateful, being grateful and having to appear grateful to an audience is not the same thing.

Anyway, he seems a nice guy. Although not surprised, I did think he was different. I thought he was a new breed that might help heal the community by not jumping on the bandwagon.

He seemed a bit more mature than most of the crowd he mixes with.

But I guess that's a hard thing to do, to ignore the pressure and do your own thing.

I wish him all the best with this as he has been working really hard on it. Just a bit disappointed that yet again another person is following the trend of screwing over the end user In an attempt to make some kind of point.

It wont affect me or most people who read this as we are more than capable of installing ourselves.

But Mod packs are there for those that find that hard to do.

I thought FTB was going to be a great thing for the community giving rise to competition but sadly it seems they don't think they can compete unless they have exclusive content.

No matter how anyone explains it or tries to cut it. That's not good for the community or end user.

Still, good luck Soaryn. He deserves some success, and I am looking forward to using this mod. Both for the future function and the decorative side.

It may be useless right now but it looks like it'll be pretty neat in release. Until it has a purpose I won't be including it in my modpack.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong - I think the decorative stuff looks really good and I have it installed just for that. I'm just saying that there's not much else to it and it seems like vaporware at this point.

There are some right pains on that server who despite being there to test out their mods just troll non stop and get on everyones nerves.

But enough about RichardG.

i often wonder how many folks are asking to be in FTB now and are given a demand by slowpoke to be exclusive to them in return.

you're a dick. ive seen many of your posts on here, and you lack respect for everyone. people like you are whats wrong with the minecraft modding community. people who show absolutely no respect what so ever for people who spend hundreds of hours working on something as a HOBBY.

good day.

you're a dick. ive seen many of your posts on here, and you lack respect for everyone. people like you are whats wrong with the minecraft modding community. people who show absolutely no respect what so ever for people who spend hundreds of hours working on something as a HOBBY.

good day.

People like you (we call them zealots) are what is wrong with the community. Many of us are on both the Technic and FTB forums and can conduct ourselves in a civil manner. Stop being such a petulant asshole

Everything in the mod community of minecraft is a fucking hobby. That people work on tirelessly just to bring more enjoyment to your sad little life. Without Technic, slowpoke probably would never have created the FTB modpack. Go back and watch DW's run with nearbygamer. slowpoke states outright that he will never support a modpack. Now he's the creator of one. A lot of the mod developers and the mods you experience in the FTB pack might have died out or still be small little blurbs on the internet without Technic having millions of hits a day and terrabytes of traffic flow through their servers. I don't even know the downloads on the launcher but I guarantee it's enough to choke you with your own words.

i could provide pages of evidence against Lothos, but i have much better things to do than trawl through forums looking for everything dickish he has said.

Translation: Lothos said a bunch of stuff that I don't agree with but I can't refute his points so I am going to pretend that I am above everyone else instead of admitting that I am wrong.

while i dont mind being a dick or called one when I am actively doing so. My post here was an observational thought anybody might come up with given the recent rash of exclusivity shown to FTB.

as to the fact you've "collected" page of evidence. Surely you have better things to do with your life. My stance has always been harsh on the stupid.

while i dont mind being a dick or called one when I am actively doing so. My post here was an observational thought anybody might come up with given the recent rash of exclusivity shown to FTB.

as to the fact you've "collected" page of evidence. Surely you have better things to do with your life. My stance has always been harsh on the stupid.

i said that i could collect pages, not that i have.

i said that i could collect pages, not that i have.

well, isn't that just dandy for you. OK, for arguments sake I'll say "yep, I was a dick here". It doesn't nullify the point I expressed here. As to respect, blasting MY opinion on a hobbyists mod going exclusive to some other club i don't wish to join is disrespectful. Hell, my view on him being exclusive isn't even disrespectful, but I'll let you stew on your wrongness some more.

The past few months we have been getting glimpses on Direwolfs server vids.

Soaryn hangs out with Direwolf a lot on server so we get to hear and see a lot of it's development.

Soaryn though seems like a genuine nice guy. I could see this coming though where he released it to FTB. It was sickening during the FTB launch on stream when Slowpoke make such a huge public deal of what a great guy he is buying Soaryn a piece of hardware. Some tablet if I recall.

Any decent person would have done it quietly.

I felt sorry for Soaryn as in front of hundreds of people he had to publicly be gracious.

Not saying he wasn't grateful, being grateful and having to appear grateful to an audience is not the same thing.

Anyway, he seems a nice guy. Although not surprised, I did think he was different. I thought he was a new breed that might help heal the community by not jumping on the bandwagon.

He seemed a bit more mature than most of the crowd he mixes with.

But I guess that's a hard thing to do, to ignore the pressure and do your own thing.

I wish him all the best with this as he has been working really hard on it. Just a bit disappointed that yet again another person is following the trend of screwing over the end user In an attempt to make some kind of point.

It wont affect me or most people who read this as we are more than capable of installing ourselves.

But Mod packs are there for those that find that hard to do.

I thought FTB was going to be a great thing for the community giving rise to competition but sadly it seems they don't think they can compete unless they have exclusive content.

No matter how anyone explains it or tries to cut it. That's not good for the community or end user.

Still, good luck Soaryn. He deserves some success, and I am looking forward to using this mod. Both for the future function and the decorative side.

What?

Bandwagon, bribery, peer pressure? Is this forum a soap opera or a really bad pun?

Honestly, I remember jumping around my Red Logic factory in Dire's old world in season 2 (Don't remember if it was recorded on a video or not), talking about the future FTB pack saying that it would be an awesome thing; and at that same moment I asked Slowpoke, if XyCraft could be added to the pack, and he thought it would be an great idea. That is all there is too it. No bribing, no band wagon, no secret plot. I merely have it ONLY for FTB currently to primarily minimize any bugs to only one pack, and to make sure I have a properly balanced mod til it is ready for a more broad usage. Slowpoke did indeed, on his stream, have a small fundraiser to help me out, not because I asked him and not because it was truly important. Instead of benefiting himself the first thought to cross his mind was to help someone else out. On stream he asked me how much money remained in me getting a tablet and provided me with that amount (I was definitely grateful, shocked, but grateful)! That amount is to purchase a tablet which is to help me program, texture, etc, but that piece of "hardware" and my "exclusiveness" to FTB is in no shape related. FTB is great with or without XyCraft, it is not there to be an "exclusive mod" to boost any kind of "competition" you seem to perceive.

I merely suggest that on anything you do on the internet, check your facts as anything you say spreads, true or not. To spread this kind of accusation against Slowpoke is really unfair, unnecessary, and just plain wrong. He is a friend and as far as I see it that has no relevance to XyCraft or FTB.

god damnit, it isn't exclusivity. READ THOSE FUCKING THINGS MORE CAREFULLY! They aren't saying "The only modpack that will every get this is FTB, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" They are saying "As of right now, the only modpack allowed to redistribute this is FTB." Even then AMCO has permissions for TC3. That proves the whole tinfoil hat conspiracy wrong.

What?

Bandwagon, bribery, peer pressure? Is this forum a soap opera or a really bad pun?

Honestly, I remember jumping around my Red Logic factory in Dire's old world in season 2 (Don't remember if it was recorded on a video or not), talking about the future FTB pack saying that it would be an awesome thing; and at that same moment I asked Slowpoke, if XyCraft could be added to the pack, and he thought it would be an great idea. That is all there is too it. No bribing, no band wagon, no secret plot. I merely have it ONLY for FTB currently to primarily minimize any bugs to only one pack, and to make sure I have a properly balanced mod til it is ready for a more broad usage. Slowpoke did indeed, on his stream, have a small fundraiser to help me out, not because I asked him and not because it was truly important. Instead of benefiting himself the first thought to cross his mind was to help someone else out. On stream he asked me how much money remained in me getting a tablet and provided me with that amount (I was definitely grateful, shocked, but grateful)! That amount is to purchase a tablet which is to help me program, texture, etc, but that piece of "hardware" and my "exclusiveness" to FTB is in no shape related. FTB is great with or without XyCraft, it is not there to be an "exclusive mod" to boost any kind of "competition" you seem to perceive.

I merely suggest that on anything you do on the internet, check your facts as anything you say spreads, true or not. To spread this kind of accusation against Slowpoke is really unfair, unnecessary, and just plain wrong. He is a friend and as far as I see it that has no relevance to XyCraft or FTB.

Ha. I am not laughing at you, just I think it is hilarious that everybody is instantly assuming some sort of deal is going on between ftb and mod makers to keep it exclusive. Probably has something to do with slowpoke being banned for drunkposting.

What?

Well, you got one out of three correct...

"Bandwagon" I was referring to the bandwagon and trend of exclusive content and restricted access to end users.

I wasn't surprised to see it on FTB because you afterall play on forgecraft together.

In your particular case, and after reading what you said It may make sense to limit it to one place until the development is at a stage where you feel comfortable seeing it go out on its way into the world.

And just for the record, I would stand up always for your right to do what the hell you like with your mod.

And even though I ca't stand the guy I would do the same for FC and his right to do what he wants with BTW.

"Bribery", "peer pressure",

I can see where your getting the peer pressure thing from,

but Bribery ?

All I said was I felt sorry for you having that dropped on you in front of hundreds of people.

You are entitled to your opinion and believe it or not I have respect for you. But your not going to convince me Slow is not a manipulative person... As I said, anyone wanting to do a nice thing for another person doesn't stand up in front of hundreds of people and say hey look at me and my charity work. You don't ask a friend how much money they are short of on stream and put them in that situation.

It's cheap and bad form.

That could so have easily been done in a private convo. And most people with any decency would of done just that. And not put you in a position like that. You can't expect me to believe you didn't feel a little uncomfortable when he dropped that on you in public.

My opinion comes not from one instance, but from many different things he has done.

I certainly was not inferring you were taking a bribe ! I genuinely don't think your that kind of guy.

But I don't want to turn this thread into my opinions on Slow.

In closing I want to say again so it's clear. I do not think you accepted any gift or favour in exchange for exclusive rights.

I didn't think that when I wrote my post, and I don't think that now.

Last thing to say on that part, I hear what you said on other things. And I will refrain from dragging you, or your mod into any similar conversation in the future. But you certainly wont change my opinion on him.

Not that my opinion really matters anyway. It's just that, my opinion. I don't speak for anyone else.

Most of my post was speaking generally about the trend of exclusive content that only harms the end user. I can see how you might of thought I was continuing to talk of you and your mod but it was more aimed at mods in general that have exclusive releases.

As I pointed out. It will have little impact on most people who read these posts as they are capable of installing themselves if needs be. But you would be surprised at the amount of people who love modded MC but can't even install a texture pack themselves.

Once again I hope you enjoy success with your creation. With the exception of a few others it's one of the more creative mods out there.