How to play multiplayer with same account

Star and Moon

To preserve anonymity (and also to make it simple), I will use the names Alice and Bob.

Both Alice and her brother Bob have Minecraft/Mojang accounts, but only Bob has actually bought minecraft. Alice is on computer A, Bob is on computer B. They want to have a game of Tekkit lite. So:

1. Bob logs into the Technic launcher Computer A with his login name and downloads tekkit lite.
  2. Bob tells Alice she really should pay for the game. Alice feels sad that she has not bought the game
  3. Alice disconnects Computer A from the network and tries to log in. She chooses Offline mode and the game starts up.
  4. Alice feels sad she has not bought the game
  5. Alice connects the network cable to Computer A
  6. Alice feels sad she has not bought the game
  7. Alice starts a single player game
  8. Alice feels sad she has not bought the game
  9. Alice connects the network cable and chooses Open to LAN.
  10. Alice feels sad she has not bought the game
  11. Bob logs in on Computer B with his minecraft account and joins Alice's game
  12. They play together while remembering that Alice has still not bought the game.

They decide that they don't want to play tekkit lite anymore, they want to play tekkit classic. So:

1. One of them downloads the Tekkit classic server and sets it to offline mode in the server config.
  2. Alice fells bad that she has not bought the game.
  3. They start the server
  4. Alice fells bad that she has not bought the game.
  5. They repeat steps 1-6 from when they played tekkit lite, but instead of tekkit lite it is for tekkit classic.
  6. Alice joins the server.
  7. Alice feels sad she has not bought the game
  8. Bob logs in (on computer B) using his account and joins the server.
  9. Alice feels sad she has not bought the game
  10. They play together while remembering that Alice has still not bought the game.

To preserve anonymity (and also to make it simple), I will use the names Alice and Bob.

Both Alice and her brother Bob have Minecraft/Mojang accounts, but only Bob has actually bought minecraft. Alice is on computer A, Bob is on computer B. They want to have a game of Tekkit lite. So:

1. Bob logs into the Technic launcher Computer A with his login name and downloads tekkit lite.
  2. Alice disconnects from the network and tries to log in. She chooses Offline mode and the game starts up.
  3. Alice connects the network cable
  4. Alice starts a single player game
  5. Alice connects the network cable and chooses Open to LAN.
  6. Bob logs in with his minecraft account and joins Alice's game
  7. They play together.

They decide that they don't want to play tekkit lite anymore, they want to play tekkit classic. So:

1. One of them downloads the Tekkit classic server and sets it to offline mode in the server config.
  2. They start the server
  3. They repeat steps 1-6 from when they played tekkit lite, but instead of tekkit lite it is for tekkit classic.
  4. Bob logs in using his account and joins the server.
  5. They play together.

Edited for clarity. :3

I feel the removed steps are actually important.

-notch quote-

Personally, I wouldn't take Notch too seriously anymore. He's the guy who thought "Hey, let's make an incredibly bland new terrain generator while the old one was fine!", and proceeded to add thousands of other unfinished features.

Someone on reddit made a post descrbing the situation. It went something like this (not an actual quote):

If George Lucas directs the next three movies, there will be a 100% chance that they will be crap. Of Disney directs them, there is a non-zero percent chance that they will be crap.

So really, we don't have anything to lose.

Really, the worst thing is that he handed it over to Disney... *shudders*

I am loath to derail a thread usually, but this one I personally feel is on the edge of going south with all the "wink wink" piracy. I feel like handing star wars to disney may have been a good move for the franchize. They cant mismanage it any worse then he did. Also avengers was really good.

It isn't even piracy, that is like saying that playing splitscreen on a console game is piracy. Your friend isn't using it to get minecraft with mods for free, they are using it to play multiplayer with their friend without having to buy a second account. If it WERE piracy, this thread would have been instantly shut down by cheapshot, instead of him wondering what the results would be.

ON TOPIC: The method listed by piousminion should work. I have tried something similar, and I remember it working.

It isn't even piracy, that is like saying that playing splitscreen on a console game is piracy. Your friend isn't using it to get minecraft with mods for free, they are using it to play multiplayer with their friend without having to buy a second account. If it WERE piracy, this thread would have been instantly shut down by cheapshot, instead of him wondering what the results would be.

ON TOPIC: The method listed by piousminion should work. I have tried something similar, and I remember it working.

I believe we were talking about star wars.