Is FTB any good?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based off the forums alone Technic has 3x the members of there's, which coincidentally uses the same forum software.

Well you also have to keep in mind that the Technic forums were out for around 10-11 months before FTB had one.

• Moderators

I just created an FTB account, but I'm too scared to start up the conversation. I would like at least some of those people to look at this thread.

I noticed you followed me there aswell...

Just to spell it out for you guys: The community in FTB does NOT make the rules, the mods/global mods do.

The mods know I am from Technic.

I'm a moderator for Jadedcat's stream. She has not seen fit to remove that privilege from me, despite the fact I like this forum better.

(could be she has... I've not visited her stream for some time now)

So no, nothing bad will happen for you because you "came" from this forum.

Just don't act too green and start posting stuff you wouldn't know about.

Arguments that starts with "Technic" or "platform" on FTB are never really good. Just let it go... It's like Cheap says:

It's a game guys. Go have fun.

Linky

What angers the fuck out of me is when people claim Technic is "illegal and shit because they don't bother to get permissions. Don't play their game, they get all the money."

Get your head out of the fucking clouds, people. Technic supports modders and modders endorse Technic. It isn't a hellhole filled with mods illegally stolen from the modders as I've heard people claim. Now if you excuse me, I'll be playing Tekkit.

I noticed you followed me there aswell...

Just to spell it out for you guys: The community in FTB does NOT make the rules, the mods/global mods do.

The mods know I am from Technic.

I'm a moderator for Jadedcat's stream. She has not seen fit to remove that privilege from me, despite the fact I like this forum better.

(could be she has... I've not visited her stream for some time now)

So no, nothing bad will happen for you because you "came" from this forum.

Just don't act too green and start posting stuff you wouldn't know about.

Arguments that starts with "Technic" or "platform" on FTB are never really good. Just let it go... It's like Cheap says:

"It's a game guys. Go have fun."

Linky

Sage words, from a probably super handsome dude.

Also I don't see why she would do that. Everyone still talks like there is some cold war. We are all nice guys on Technic. We can forgive and forget in the name of progress. Slow and Jadecat are both chilling in the technic irc channels. Both teams are much more interested in serving the community. The only people still slinging shit are the people of that community. Way to go!!!

haha

Slow and Jadecat are both chilling in the technic irc channels. Both teams are much more interested in serving the community. The only people still slinging shit are the people of that community. Way to go!!!

This changes everything! I really don't know what to make of it..... my life is a lie.

Watched DW20's latest spotlight of ExtraUtils, and holy fuck, why did I bother reading comments? The bias and ignorance of 99.9% of the posters is amazing. Furthermore, why did I even reply to one of them? I bet my inbox will be spammed by FTB fanbois.

Also I don't see why she would do that. Everyone still talks like there is some cold war. We are all nice guys on Technic. We can forgive and forget in the name of progress. Slow and Jadecat are both chilling in the technic irc channels. Both teams are much more interested in serving the community. The only people still slinging shit are the people of that community. Way to go!!!

The community and some of the more malicious mod authors (such as CJ or greg, for instance).

• Moderators

Also I don't see why she would do that.

Are you talking about why she made me a mod? Or why she wouldn't de-mod me?

For the latter, I can give dozens of reasons of why she would...

Also, Bride tends to de-mod anyone that she deems are lazy or too easy-going on rulebreakers on her stream. I wouldn't be surprised if Jaded wanted the same efficient hammerswinging from her mods.

Slow and Jadecat are both chilling in the technic irc channels.

Oh? Didn't know that... can't recall Slow ever mentioning that on his streams...

oh gosh... well I knew deep down inside I was quite good looking. Thanks! :swoon:

i really dont understand any of this permissions shit, well i kind of do, but not by much, its a game, and these are mods to the game, if minecraft was never invented, no one would be able to make mods for it, does it really matter that much? all anyone should care about is that they at least get credit for making the mod, and that people have fun, hence why i use technic, ftb, and dns techpack (dont yell at me, i like all mod packs the same, as all they are, are a bunch of mods put together for easier setup of mods, instead of manually finding the ones you want, and downloading them, of coruse, technicly the pack maintainers still have to do that, to put the pack together in the first place, but thats essentially what a mod pack is, is a bunch of mods put to gether for easier setup of mods, is it not? hence why i like diff mod packs, as they all have mods that the other may not, but like i said in an earlier post, if i absolutley had to choose a pack, it woudl be technic, because well, that was the first modpack i ever used (when i was cracked unfrotnley, but mods is like the #1 thing that convinced me to buy mc, the number #2 thing was how fun and awesome minecraft is)(im probably going to get banned for this post unfrotnley, so that sucks, but i really see no reason for this war between all the mod creators, permsisions, and mod pack's, its all pointless to fight over this if you ask me, just be glad that the mojang team are endorsing/making it easier for mod devs to make mods, via the modding api, unlike some game companys *cough* Rockstar with gta *cough*)))))) (put a bunch of end parenthesees because i lost track of how many i started, lol)

(and this is my opnion on this whole permission vs mod pack creators and mod pack's vs other mod packs thing, its aboslutley rediculous, on a semi off-topic part, im really hoping i dont get banned for this post)

I heard there's a possibility they'll move to steam.

I recall Notch saying once that Valve's requirements make Minecraft on Steam highly unlikely.

hmmm, that would definitely be interesting, as i believe they'd then have to code their own game engine, instead of using java

Not necessarily, about ninety percent of games on Steam use a third-party engine - that is, one that was not made by the same people that made the game. There are even some Steam games that are basically just Flash in an executable 'wrapper'. Also, Minecraft already has its own engine, which is written in Java and runs as a Java instance.

That said, if Mojang were to rebuild Minecraft in, say, C++ and do it well, I don't think anyone would complain. The issue with that, of course, is that it would be more difficult to make multiplatform - UNIX-based OSes need some tinkering done to make C++ executables play nice. It would also invalidate pretty much all of the code knowledge at Mojang, since they all code almost exclusively in Java. Not to mention, a C++ Minecraft would completely destroy the modding scene as we know it and might very well kill of Minecraft modding wholesale without a very robust API.