Is FTB any good?

Freya's bosom.

(Especially if you take note of the Germanic interpretation of both Frey and Freya.)

Jörmungandr's teats!

Anyway, I mostly play FTB ( a modified yogcraft) because of Forrestry and Railcraft.

The New Tekkit has little BC power generation options without them and doesn't have an alternative like IC2.

And Thaumcraft is cool too.

But I love Tekkit and will change later

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed you followed me there aswell...

Just to spell it out for you guys: The community in FTB does NOT make the rules, the mods/global mods do.

The mods know I am from Technic.

I'm a moderator for Jadedcat's stream. She has not seen fit to remove that privilege from me, despite the fact I like this forum better.

(could be she has... I've not visited her stream for some time now)

So no, nothing bad will happen for you because you "came" from this forum.

Just don't act too green and start posting stuff you wouldn't know about.

Arguments that starts with "Technic" or "platform" on FTB are never really good. Just let it go... It's like Cheap says:

Linky

Um nope sorry you don't get out of modding my stream that easily. Nice try mister.

Slow and Jadecat are both chilling in the technic irc channels. Both teams are much more interested in serving the community. The only people still slinging shit are the people of that community. Way to go!!!

Zomg, you guys found me lurking. I am sure that has nothing to do with me using my main account to fraternize. Even worse I met some of you guys and you weren't tentacled monsters with fangs. (I'm disappointed about the fangs)

Slow may be a bit stubborn at times but when it comes to the forums he leaves it to us Global mods. And currently our Global Mods have more ties to Technic then FTB. So obviously we don't hold that against them. The only thing we thwap you for is breaking rules, and obvious trolling/flamebaiting. Reasonable discussions are always welcome.

Oh and I was never here cause ya know we hate each other and all that. Pitchforks and torches at dawn?

• Moderators

Um nope sorry you don't get out of modding my stream that easily. Nice try mister.

Rats! My ingenious plan twarthed!

The only thing we thwap you for is breaking rules, and obvious trolling/

Bah, Humbug! You've never thwaped me :P

Probably 'cuz I'm a super handsome guy

Zomg, you guys found me lurking. I am sure that has nothing to do with me using my main account to fraternize. Even worse I met some of you guys and you weren't tentacled monsters with fangs. (I'm disappointed about the fangs)

Slow may be a bit stubborn at times but when it comes to the forums he leaves it to us Global mods. And currently our Global Mods have more ties to Technic then FTB. So obviously we don't hold that against them. The only thing we thwap you for is breaking rules, and obvious trolling/flamebaiting. Reasonable discussions are always welcome.

Oh and I was never here cause ya know we hate each other and all that. Pitchforks and torches at dawn?

This is just like the pictures of bane and batman hugging.

Everybody wanna be God.

I wanna be a godess, they get powers but they're also prettier and tend to get better jobs.

I mean, god of thunder and shapeshifting to seduce women? Pshaw, I'd rather be god of the hunt and not having to be married to a man.

• 1 year later...

I'm pretty new to the whole FTB vs Technic, and don't really have an opinion either way. I understand that FTB wants to give mod developers their recognition for their hours of hard work, and Technic wants to give the general population an easy way to make their own modpacks. Both sides have equally valid reasons, which is why I don't understand why they just can't agree to disagree.

• Discord Moderator

It is generally considered bad form to post in a thread that is 16 months dead. This is termed "necroposting", from the term necromancy relating to the reanimation of the dead. The reason for it is that the issues are usually so old that positions have changed and the dialog is now different. In this case, MANY more mod devs are much more open about the use of their mods than they were back when this thread was active, and there is little contention between the Technic group and the FTB group. Necroposting just dredges up old news that is no longer relevant.