[1.6.x/1.5.x] Redstone In Motion (Redpower Frames) 2.3.0.0 (October 8)

jakj

Taken in? I still support what he's doing and I hope he sticks with it. I just wish he weren't quite so much of a hothead.

Each tier of carriage extends its range of effect by one block, so a tier 3 carriage would affect only a 7x7 area. But if too many tiers is annoying, I can rethinka few things.

Honestly, this whole hard mode thing is turning out to be much easier than I expected, and a beta will be out quite soon. Trying to come up with ways to render all this crap is what's annoying. I'll probably just release with no extra textures and fuck with it later.

I think such a small increase in volume per tier isn't worth the materials. One diamond-tier carriage would be almost equivalent to 8 iron-tier carriages, and iron is extremely cheap even in vanilla Minecraft.

Alright, so how about five tiers of each thing?

Carriage: wood, stone, obsidian, quartz, endstone

Carriage Drive: iron, gold, quartz, diamond, emerald

Carriage Capacitor: iron, quartz, lapis, emerald, diamond

And I could make the carriage effective radius increase by larger steps between each tier, so the highest tier still has a large radius.

Love this mod!

Just 1 question though :P

With the translocator carriages, how do you link them together? because currently they seem to go to a different carriage each time :P

Craft the translocators with dyes to label them (like channels). Translocators will always go only to another translocator with the same label. If you have more than 2 translocators in the world that share the same label, it's undefined which one will be chosen, so stick to pairs.

I stand a strong chance of having pissed off even direwolf with my recent support of heph, but I haven't discussed it with him so I don't know.

As for lots of carriage types, primarily it will be for compact designs, especially templates where there's only one carriage block

Heph may have had noble intentions, but he needlessly insulted and alienated people on both sides of the ftb/technic border. I think the manner he went about was not appropriate. If he really wanted Eloraam to give him maintaining permissions he shouldn't have acted so offensively.

This might make it in FTB, actually. Their current packs are pretty much frozen for 1.5.2 while they're waiting on the 1.6.2 mods to reach stable releases, and it's on their suggested 1.6 mods list and hasn't been officially rejected. It just needs a big push (like getting Dire to at least spotlight it even if he won't actually make a new DireUFO with it) I think.

As for the the tiers, End stone is much less difficult to get when you can use Mystcraft to skirt the End exiting issue. Emerald's hit or miss on being easy or hard. Obsidian being lower than Diamond is puzzling, considering you put Obsidian before Nether Quartz because of needing Obsidian to get to the nether, since you need Diamond to get Obsidian.

It also seems like there's too many tiers of carriages. Ten is a bit ridiculous. Perhaps carriages could be limited to structurally strong things (Wood, Stone, Iron, Obsidian, Nether Quartz, End Stone) while Drives and Capacitors go through more "tech-like" minerals (I would list them, but it's the same list of materials you came up with in the same order).

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/no-redpower-in-ftb-unleashed-1-1-3.31403/#post-430579

I have no idea what caused this response but there certainly seems to be some politics at work on the FTB front.

I'll ask politely on the FTB forums and see if there's even a chance. Hopefully the mods won't immediately shoot the thread down (quite likely I think, and would be very telling about their attitudes in a very bad way) and things stay relatively civil.

EDIT:

Quick reply from Vauthile indicates that the official reason is worries about mod interaction. Jakj, you should talk to Slowpoke about the work you've been doing on mod interaction (and don't worry too much about GregTech interaction, there's a separate FTB pack for GregTech already). Sure, it could just be a pretend reason, but it's enough to hope that FTB users will be getting RiM in the Unleashed pack by default one day.

Craft the translocators with dyes to label them (like channels). Translocators will always go only to another translocator with the same label. If you have more than 2 translocators in the world that share the same label, it's undefined which one will be chosen, so stick to pairs.

Ahhh i see thanks a lot!

I'll ask politely on the FTB forums and see if there's even a chance. Hopefully the mods won't immediately shoot the thread down (quite likely I think, and would be very telling about their attitudes in a very bad way) and things stay relatively civil.

EDIT:

Quick reply from Vauthile indicates that the official reason is worries about mod interaction. Jakj, you should talk to Slowpoke about the work you've been doing on mod interaction (and don't worry too much about GregTech interaction, there's a separate FTB pack for GregTech already). Sure, it could just be a pretend reason, but it's enough to hope that FTB users will be getting RiM in the Unleashed pack by default one day.

Pff, right. Let me tell you something Slowpoke once said. (And I don't remember the exact words, so this is as close as I can remember.) If you ever find yourself agreeing with jakj, you're on the wrong side of the argument.

The bullshit in that thread you posted is the same as came before: I'm an antagonistic person and I don't listen to feedback or bug reports and I'm inflexible and nobody can work with me and blah blah fuck. It's not going to happen. Just let it die.

Just forget about FTB, and I'll work hard to not mention them anymore so I don't start the argument back up. It's a lost cause.

Okay, I take it back, and I have to beat the dead horse one more time before it's buried for good. Here's a quotation:

Okay, I guess I'll stop dancing around specifics and make it clear why you are unworthy of trust around these parts, at least in my personal opinion: you, in the throes of trollish ecstasy or whatever the hell it was, conveyed to one of our team that you wish they would be sexually assaulted. That's a bit different than the "you're a poopyhead" characterization you'd like to pretend it is. It's sick. It's disgusting. It's vile. And in my opinion there's no walking that back, ever. And given that wish was expressed merely because its recipient worked on the FTB team, that says a lot about whether FTB would ever want to bother being remotely associated with you.

And he conveniently locked the thread before I got a chance to ask. Does anyone here have any idea what he's talking about? Because I've said plenty of nasty things, but wishing somebody to be sexually assaulted? What the fuck. If somebody could link to me saying that somewhere, that would be great, because I really don't remember it. I'd like to know if I made a comment and then blacked out, or if this guy is confusing me with someone else or is otherwise just full of it.

Why do they always have to lock the threads as soon as things start to happen, its really frustrating. I certainly don't remember you saying anything like that, even after looking through the old Slowpoke threads.

(Re-reading through these, I found plenty of interesting statements from Slowpoke, such as him insulting you, but I guess that they are all very much old news.)

Anyway, I would say that they completely made it up.

Why do they always have to lock the threads as soon as things start to happen, its really frustrating. I certainly don't remember you saying anything like that, even after looking through the old Slowpoke threads. (Re-reading through these, I found plenty of interesting statements from Slowpoke, such as him insulting you, but I guess that they are all very much old news.)

Anyway, I would say that they completely made it up.

I would have sent him a private message to ask, but apparently they disabled that, or otherwise my account is locked from doing it. If I really did say something like that, then I do owe somebody an apology, but I really can't imagine myself doing that.

Now I'm really bothered, because not only is part of me wondering if I did something genuinely wrong somehwere, and the rest of me is pissed off that a lot of people are now going to think of me as a horrible person by an accusation I'm not even allowed to attempt to counter.

What a mess. It doesn't affect me modding in any way, but it's still a mess. All I wanted was for people to behave rationally and cooperatively despite any of their actual views of each other, and now we're just back where we started.

I wouldn't get all worked up over FTB. I've had plenty of completely retarded interactions with Slowpoke before. The kid wouldn't know how to read a software license if you slapped him over the head with it. I'm sure he's some 13-year-old wanker who's had way too much power go to his head, because that's exactly what he acts like every time I have the misfortune of reading his posts.

I've already thrown this mod into my FTB pack, and I'm sure other people will too.

And as a side note, the comment about it being crashy due to rendering was for a VERY ancient version, partly due to how I was doing rendering (which I now do in a much better way) and partly due to Optifine sucking. So that comment is 100% no longer applicable.

I'm certainly able to contact Vauthil via the "start a conversation" button when I click on his name, but I'd really rather not anger the beast again and it appears he's just being the (probably misinformed) messenger for Slowpoke. If they disabled your PM ability on the forums, then I suppose that would explain why they're lock-happy whenever you show up. Can't have a discussion if noone can talk.

That's the end of my last shred of respect for the FTB team gone.

jakj: As I recall, there was a time you suggested the FtB team were a little too eager to fall over themselves to please a certain modder. I believe you said something about sucking someone's dick and they tilted on it. (I'm not trying to be smarmy here, I'm saying "I believe" because I can't find a link ATM).

Hello, I like the textures pack, it makes things look a lot more..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Interesting.................................................................................................................................................................................................................FTB is a appalling launcher by the way.

Maybe I just missed the button. I don't know. Really stopped caring about half an hour ago.

Going to start messing with my custom recipe mod. I'm going to make an in-game interface to add, alter, and remove recipes without having to edit any config files.

I'll start very small, just editing vanilla shaped and shapeless recipes, so the first release won't take too long.

Going to start messing with my custom recipe mod. I'm going to make an in-game interface to add, alter, and remove recipes without having to edit any config files.

I'll start very small, just editing vanilla shaped and shapeless recipes, so the first release won't take too long.

I for one will be very happy (as well as the few others that play on the private friends server I play on) whenever that may be ready. Over the course of Minecraft I've used multiple different custom recipe mods (most of which work via config files), and they usually work great but then are not updated anymore after a time, or don't work so well and also aren't updated anymore.

Having one that can not only be done in-game, but also is made by an author we trust and that does such nice work would be awesome.