Automatic Sheep/Wool Farm

Bluewolf7979

I've got a breeder and rancher from minefactory set up in a small 5x5 pen. It supplies me with tons of wool and and raw mutton for food. Then i take the wool and put it through a pulverizer and it turns it into string and either bonemeal or dye. Then i craft it all into white wool again and run it through and build up my bonemeal and then use it to make fertilizer for my wheat farm, which then in return gives me the wheat to breed the sheep. I just have the 4 upgraded fertilzer and harvester blocks, so it's all automated. 

My best way to wool farm....Get an automous activator....put some sheers in it and enhance your self wit the Advanced Genetics Wooly gene. Then just stand in front of the activator. It is wonderful. Sure you can go with the standard sheep farm, but this is B-Team where science reigns supreme. Try it out and may all your wooly troubles be left behind.

Edited by HalestormXV

Hows that dye farm working out for you bluewolf?

I just want to say thanks for everyone on this thread for helping me out. Sorry I haven't updated for a while, I've been meaning to but got caught up in Pokemon X. For those of you wondering, yes I did get an automatic wool farm. I just have a bunch of sheep with a rancher in the wall that shears all the wool into my item system. It works great. I haven't yet set it up to a pulverizer to extract the dyes, as I am in no need of them right now, but I plan to in the future. Again, thanks to everyone for all their replies. You guys are great.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having an issue with the rancher not doing any work?  I've got it powered and I made it work one time by killing about half my sheep.  I relogged into my multiplayer server today and I had to break the rancher and replace it.  Is it this finicky for everyone else?

Is anyone else having an issue with the rancher not doing any work?  I've got it powered and I made it work one time by killing about half my sheep.  I relogged into my multiplayer server today and I had to break the rancher and replace it.  Is it this finicky for everyone else?

Nope, works fine for me. Although I do play on single player (looking for a multiplayer server though). It works in a 5 by 5 area in front of it so I placed mine in the wall of a 5 by 5 pen. Now i got wool for days!!!!!!!!!