industrial craft tekkit 1.6.4

fumle

hey guys, is it possible to add industrialcraft 2 for tekkit 1.6.4? i have tried to donwload the mod and put it in the mods folder, but the came just stops loading, and it jumps back to the technic launcher... anyone who can help me out? :)

Tekkit has a collection of other mods that were explicitly chosen to replace IC. If you add it yourself, it will collide hard with these mods, and you will have to do much adjustment work just to sort out the block IDs (otherwise it won't even start). It is therefore not recommended to do that.

You might want to give the current Tekkit a try just as it is. Thermal Expansion and Big Reactors do a great job of replacing many IC core concepts, and have a number of unique features as well. Most of the Tekkit people don't even miss IC by now, even those who were originally great fans.

I loved IC2 in Tekkit Classic (of course) and even Tekkit Lite. But in Tekkit Lite you started to get alternatives such as Thermal Expansion.

At first I was not really happy about the fact IC2 is gone, but now...now that I got to know Thermal Expansion (and Applied Energetics) I would never want to go back...like...at all.

So, basically what Curunir said:

If you want to look back, take Tekkit Classic or tinker a modpack yourself with Minecraft 1.6.4 (not even sure there is an IC2 which is supported by newer versions of minecraft).

Using Tekkit with Minecraft 1.6.4 and then add IC2 will not work.

If you want to see the future, then take Tekkit with minecraft 1.6.4 and enjoy TE and AE .)

IC2 is a mess compared to Thermal Expansion, don't get me wrong I do miss a lot of the power generation capabilities that IC2 gave us but you can do almost all of them via Thermal Expansion and Atomic Science and Big Reactors have replaced IC2 nuclear options relatively well.

The only thing I think that is really missing from the dance in comparison between IC2 and TE based tech modding is IC2's solar array's as compared to the solar options available in Tekkit right now. Galacticraft Solar is completely incompatible with Thermal Expansion energy storage, which means power generation on non-overworld bases is extremely limited, and/or extremely expensive to manage (without abusing DD/Mystcraft as your way to get back and forth from a station/Moon/Mars base) getting the resources into place to generate TE compatible power solutions. This could be pretty easily filled by adding Mekanism to the mix but thats another point entirely.

Main deal is...everything that IC2 did, TE actually does better, and its getting over that "re-learning" curve about the differences in approach that can make people more used to the IC2 based Technic/Tekkit Classic and/or people that are more used to FTB based packs that force these old, crowd sourced and consistently out of date mods into their packs, really sit around wishing that Tekkit still had IC2...but in all fairness you just don't need it.

The only thing I really miss from IC2 is the Charging Bench, the Energetic Infuser is okay in that regard but I preferred having a one block solution for dealing with all my charged item needs especially when you get into Power Suits and Redstone Arsenal....course Mekanism has a Charging Pad that you can stand on and it charges all equipped items that need energy, but again we don't have Mekanism...largely because TE already does most of what Mekanism does....just Mekanism does it slightly better in some cases.

Anyways, long story short, IC2 is superceded by Thermal Expansion...not just simply replaced but completely superceded. Everything IC2 did..other than solar power, TE does better or does more efficiently in respect to server resources than IC2 did or ever will do.

So in the end, the big thing about Tekkit's main branch is learning to love Thermal Expansion, I did a video about it...its very basic though but it covers this little rift people get stuck in coming to main Branch Tekkit from previous play experience with the old versions and/or other IC2 based modpacks.

...Galacticraft Solar is completely incompatible with Thermal Expansion energy storage...

This is not true. Galacticraft wires will output energy into TE Energy cells. I had a whole array of advanced solar panels feeding resonanant energy cells. On the downside, it lagged by server out. Haven't figured out which part of that exchange did though.

This is not true. Galacticraft wires will output energy into TE Energy cells. I had a whole array of advanced solar panels feeding resonanant energy cells. On the downside, it lagged by server out. Haven't figured out which part of that exchange did though.

Interesting cause I just attempted to connect a heavy aluminium wire to a redstone energy cell and it simply wouldn't connect, and redstone energy conduits connect just fine to the GC Solar block..but the array doesn't output power via conduits at all.

I'll have to dick around with it some more but regardless of that the GC Solar Panels aren't really designed for heavy power output regardless and don't really match the capability of IC2's solar arrays..but again, thats not that big a deal given the other power generation methods available.

• Discord Moderator

To answer the OP's question instead of adding to the opinions (nothing wrong with opinions, everybody gets one):

Yes. IC2 for Forge/MC 1.6.4 is quite stable and works with Immibis' microblocks to cover the cables.

You need to use IC2 Experimental Build #397 for Forge/MC 1.6.4: http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_experimental/397/

I also recommend these to go with them:

IC2 Recipe Fixer (fixes some recipes that don't display properly in NEI): http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10433

Immibis Advanced Machines: http://immibis.com/mcmoddl/

Immibis Advanced Repulsion Systems: http://immibis.com/mcmoddl/

SeNtiMeL's Advanced Solars (3.4.7) (Plow's Choice): http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3291

CPW's Compact Solars (4.4.21.306) (Alternative for ^): http://files.minecraftforge.net/CompactSolars/index_legacy.html

Aroma1997's Compact Windmills (1.0.3.0): http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=9205

Nuclear Control (1.6.2e): http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=5915

PowerConverters (Build 18): http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2407074-164-powerconverters-originally-by-powercrystals/

As usual you will want to tweak oreGen and rubber tree generation to fit in with MFR (if installed).

Edited by plowmanplow

About getting energy to non-Overworld bases, you can simply tesseract it from your main reactor site. I do agree, though, that more diversified power options would be nice, if only for variety. For sheer energy, Big Reactors (let alone Atomic Science) will outclass anything conventional. It actually needs to get some downsides, like possible meltdowns, to balance the pack out again.

• 2 months later...

The only thing I really miss from IC2 is the Charging Bench, the Energetic Infuser is okay in that regard but I preferred having a one block solution for dealing with all my charged item needs especially when you get into Power Suits and Redstone Arsenal....course Mekanism has a Charging Pad that you can stand on and it charges all equipped items that need energy, but again we don't have Mekanism...largely because TE already does most of what Mekanism does....just Mekanism does it slightly better in some cases.

I put ender chest on top of infuser, connected with itemducts set servo to blacklist fully charged things and made ender pouch so I must not return to base to charge items.

Edited by Kotja

No matter what, I will always miss IC2. It was a great mod, it still is, and just seeing it not there originally ruined Tekkit for me. I took the time to get used to Thermal Expansion and yes, sadly, it mostly is better. Still, I will always miss IC2.

The thing missing for me is the Teleporters. Dimensional Doors and QCraft are not really replacements, as both are rather weird and don't really fit into the theme. I want to rebuild my Transporter Room from my Tekkit Classic server, where I had travel booths with Teleporters that would instantly take me to various sites when standing inside them and pressing a button.

Granted, they never worked just as they should because of the Teleporter bug, but that is the one missing feature ruining my end game right now.

• 1 month later...

I'm with Pagan about the overclockers as far as missing IC is concerned. I've had to setup a ludicrous number of ME emitters tied to TE machines to maintain a constant cache of many materials because they take so much longer to make than IC equivalents. My processing area is a semi-organized mess of cables now lol.

I'm with Pagan about the overclockers as far as missing IC is concerned. I've had to setup a ludicrous number of ME emitters tied to TE machines to maintain a constant cache of many materials because they take so much longer to make than IC equivalents. My processing area is a semi-organized mess of cables now lol.

Are you capping storage space at all? I mean I'm hardly perfect but running out of resources became very hard very quickly with the system my brother and I put together.

Are you capping storage space at all? I mean I'm hardly perfect but running out of resources became very hard very quickly with the system my brother and I put together.

Only if you consider a DSU per most major resource items capping lol. I have right around 90 of them at the moment and the room is only 1/3 done, to say nothing of my ME drive for misc. crap and fluids.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm talking about having to make caches of sub-components for the MAC since I no longer have the ability to pulverize/cook things in 0.1 seconds or however long it took an overclocked IC2 pulverizer/furnace to do it. Technically speaking I don't have to keep caches of stuff on hand but if I don't the crafting process takes much, much longer as the MAC has to go through and make every single component itself. I have plenty of raw resources to craft with.

The solution for mass storage is indeed a DSU vault. Build one DSU for everything that congests your system. With all the sludge boiling being done on my MFR farm, I even have a DSU for Mycelium. They tie nicely into ME networks with the storage bus interface.

Edited by Curunir

Only if you consider a DSU per most major resource items capping lol. I have right around 90 of them at the moment and the room is only 1/3 done, to say nothing of my ME drive for misc. crap and fluids.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm talking about having to make caches of sub-components for the MAC since I no longer have the ability to pulverize/cook things in 0.1 seconds or however long it took an overclocked IC2 pulverizer/furnace to do it. Technically speaking I don't have to keep caches of stuff on hand but if I don't the crafting process takes much, much longer as the MAC has to go through and make every single component itself. I have plenty of raw resources to craft with.

That could actually be an issue with MAC size (actions per second) as well. That said yah not having stuff being made super fast could be a pain I suppose. My solution was to pick out the most time consuming stuff (Glass is used in just about everything) on auto. Took out most of teh roadblocks. Admiottedly we set up a massive bank of auto-processing taking up most of my vaultspace to go with the DSUs.

That could actually be an issue with MAC size (actions per second) as well. That said yah not having stuff being made super fast could be a pain I suppose. My solution was to pick out the most time consuming stuff (Glass is used in just about everything) on auto. Took out most of teh roadblocks. Admiottedly we set up a massive bank of auto-processing taking up most of my vaultspace to go with the DSUs.

My MAC is only 16x4x4 (48 CPU's). As for the rest of your post, I'm pretty sure that's what I said above lol.

I'll stop hijacking the thread now, I swear.

Edited by Digdug83

The thread is a zombie anyway, so go ahead and play headcrab with it.

About the point of the thread necromancer, namely Mekanism offering a solution for teleporting: Maybe, but Mekanism is not included in Tekkit. I understand that it has been included in the past, but dropped out again. A solution means to me something that is included in the pack, or trivial to add without fiddling around.

The thread is a zombie anyway, so go ahead and play headcrab with it.

About the point of the thread necromancer, namely Mekanism offering a solution for teleporting: Maybe, but Mekanism is not included in Tekkit. I understand that it has been included in the past, but dropped out again. A solution means to me something that is included in the pack, or trivial to add without fiddling around.

If you want to teleport only yourself within overworld there's always mystcraf. 'Beam me up, Scotty'

I've explained the basics in the 'Did you know?' thread. I can explain it more if you like.

I have an aversion to Mystcraft, not least because I looked into several guides and nothing mentioned there worked in game, likely because they were outdated. I also do not consider a "magic" mod a fitting replacement for power-driven teleporters. For the same reason, DDoors is also not an acceptable solution for me.

Edited by Curunir

I have an aversion to Mystcraft, not least because I looked into several guides and nothing mentioned there worked in game, likely because they were outdated. I also do not consider a "magic" mod a fitting replacement for power-driven teleporters. For the same reason, DDoors is also not an acceptable solution for me.

I can put up a simple tutorial on linking books without going through the ages and crap, as for the DDoors I agree. Not stable, useless server memory usage.

I once had an aversion to... laser drills. Times change, people change.