Problems?

Neelfrost

I was playing atob for a few hours now , but suddenly I could do anything. I couldn't open doors , couldn't open chests , and my animals ( entities)  won't move. I don't know what happened, the game is just frozen when I try to move I start falling. 

Please help. :(

Omg, i found the reason its because of mfr and projectred interaction. when the harvester harvests the projectred dye trees it freezes my game. I got a way to fix it , change harvester's item id and it should work maybe. I will try.

Edited by Neelfrost

Omg, i found the reason its because of mfr and projectred interaction. when the harvester harvests the projectred dye trees it freezes my game. I got a way to fix it , change harvester's item id and it should work maybe. I will try.

As loader said this is an issue with the trees themselves. Changing the id of your harvester won't do anything except cause possible future issues and if it does fix it I would be shocked actually.

Edited by HalestormXV

More leaves than a Sacred Oak? I've harvested a Sacred Oak with the harvester with zero issue (outside of the chunk(s) not updating immediately, but when you start chopping down thousands of blocks with a machine, thats understandable)

Harvester from MFR was able to chop it down. Took it a good 5minutes but it was able to. Also that axe would work but it won't work from the base, this is often the case for larger trees. It attempts to look for wood up to a certain extent and leaves, if it fails to find leaves it wont recognize it as a tree. This limitation was done to prevent a crap ton of lag from happening (like treecapitator would with large trees like the redwoods or the sacreds)

Edited by Kalbintion

A sacred oak doesn't make project|red stained leaves, which is where the bug is.  The harvester can even cut down a sacred rubber tree (which was made pretty much to test exactly what the harvester could handle).  It's not a problem with MFR.

Don't know if it's the same thing as last time - there was a bug that did the exact same thing that they fixed last September but looking at people talking recently it seems to be back.

Not sure what fixed it last time (it came with an update that fixed a bunch of other stuff to do with trees), not sure why it seems to be back, but it does seem to be back.  If you set up a tree planter and harvester with stained trees you don't get any problems at all?

Lol. Just happened to look over at my laptop and noticed the response.

I intend on setting up my testing system in the following way:

Creative Energy Cells, one for the planter, another for the harvester so power isn't a problem. Have a normal double chest for the harvest to put items into. This set-up duplicated for the minimum 3x3 on the harvest and planter then additional ones for each upgrade on the planter and harvester (in the event the upgrades matter). From that I will be testing each individual sapling color one at a time then two at a time, all the way up to all of them available at once. I will also be trying the color proportions to be different as well as having each test be with shearing leaves an without.

I will also set-up an additional test where the items harvested from the harvester is auto-fed back into the planter so they can be immediately replanted if possible so if the MFR system is the one causing this issue, it will be able to be seen in this case. I will have the auto-feed with projred and with itemducts to rule out these being a potential issue with the saplings.

Bug Report Template:

- Title: B-Team Loads to game then crashes back to launcher - plus save has now vanished

Type of Bug: Launcher Bug

Video / Screenshot of the incident: None

Reproduction rate: 10/10

Steps to reproduce:

Opened Technic Launcher

Selected Attack of the B-Team

Clicked Play

Launcher disappeared

Mojang screen comes up - hangs for ages saying 'Not Responding'

Eventually Minecraft screen appears

Select Multiplayer

Go to server "ohgaming3.org"

Expected result: B-Team should completely load and I should be able to play the server: ohgaming3.org

Observed result: Minecraft closes/crashes and the tekkit launcher reappears

Logs: 

Additional Comments: It is bothersome but I keeps happening. I have reset the server pack. I have reset the tekkit app. Nothing happened. Please help.

Bug Report Template:

- Title: B-Team Loads to game then crashes back to launcher - plus save has now vanished

Type of Bug: Launcher Bug

Video / Screenshot of the incident: None

Reproduction rate: 10/10

Steps to reproduce:

Opened Technic Launcher

Selected Attack of the B-Team

Clicked Play

Launcher disappeared

Mojang screen comes up - hangs for ages saying 'Not Responding'

Eventually Minecraft screen appears

Select Multiplayer

Go to server "ohgaming3.org"

Expected result: B-Team should completely load and I should be able to play the server: ohgaming3.org

Observed result: Minecraft closes/crashes and the tekkit launcher reappears

Logs: 

Additional Comments: It is bothersome but I keeps happening. I have reset the server pack. I have reset the tekkit app. Nothing happened. Please help.

is there a reason you didn't post this here?

for those interested in my testing of this, there is a lot of set-up time and i am not spending all day working on this particular testing. I will be posting a schematic from MCEdit though that contains my testing area if you are interested in doing it yourself.

Edit: Here's the link to the schematic file.

Edited by Kalbintion