Can not log into technics launcher

gooberfoob

I recently had to re-install my OS (crunchbang linux). Nothing new with the install, same as last time. I went and installed java 8, like I have before, but when I went to log into the technic launcher I got a message "cannot connect to minecraft.net".

Any Idea ?

First, make sure you have a decent internet connection that can get you on the Internet. Then make sure you are using your EMAIL as your username. They recently changed it to where you have to use your email instead of your password. If that still doesn't work then make sure you are typing in EVERYTHING correctly. If that STILL doesn't work (lol) then wait a while and try again in like an hour. If you still cant connect then try going somewhere that has a better WiFi signal.

First, make sure you have a decent internet connection that can get you on the Internet. Then make sure you are using your EMAIL as your username. They recently changed it to where you have to use your email instead of your password. If that still doesn't work then make sure you are typing in EVERYTHING correctly. If that STILL doesn't work (lol) then wait a while and try again in like an hour. If you still cant connect then try going somewhere that has a better WiFi signal.

Not correct.

1. If he can post here on the forum, then he has an internet connection and we can assume that it works.

2. Mojang accounts use e-mail adresses, but older Minecraft accounts were not changed. You can convert your old Minecraft account to a Mojang account, but this is optional, and staying with the old format should not cause issues.

3. Mojang login servers are known to hiccup sometimes, so checking with Mojang about their server status might be better than just guessing.

@bochen

He is running a flavour Linux. Anti-virus software is rare in that world.

Actually at the time this was posted Mojang's servers were unstable and were going online for a few seconds before shutting down again. Some people on twitter claim they were DDoS'ing their servers because of their new EULA changes.... I'm not exactly sure when they stopped, but I assume it was about Midnight CDT or 1 am CDT give or take several minutes.

• Moderators

Don't use java 8 when playing modded minecraft, we don't know if any mods support that java yet.

Additionally, this does not belong in Tekkit modpack discussion. All issues belong in the Tracker