Let's Test B-Team 1.0.12a!

CanVox

Hey, everyone,

Attack of the B-Team 1.0.12a is now promoted to latest! I promise that I am gonna stay on top of this one and promote it to rec, assuming nothing serious is wrong.

If you're interested in helping test, back up your worlds (SSP or server) and set your launcher up to use the "Latest" build, or manually select version 1.0.12a. Play with us and report issues in this thread!

The 1.0.12a server can be downloaded here: mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/bteam/BTeam_Server_v1.0.12a.zip

Changelog for Attack of the B-Team 1.0.12a; this is a list of all changes since 1.0.11a:

- Village spawns have been disabled in order to bypass a chunk-corruption issue with Biomes o' Plenty.

- OpenEye version 0.6 has been added.

- Not Enough Codecs version 0.1 has been added. This should fix most radio stations in Open Blocks.

- World of Dinos has been updated to version 1.1. Dinos should no longer crowd out Tropicraft spawns.

- MineFactory Reloaded has been updated to version 2.7.9.

- Galacticraft, Planets, and MicDoodleCore have been updated to version 2.0.13.1063.

- Carpenter's Blocks have been updated to version 2.1.0.

- Mr. Crayfish's Furniture Mod has been updated to version 3.3.3.

- Advanced Genetics has been updated to version 1.4.3.

- Hats has been updated to version 2.1.8.

- Thermal Expansion has been updated to version 3.0.0.7.

- Tinkers Construct has been updated to version 1.5.5.7.

- Sync has been updated to version 2.2.2.

- Witchery has been updated to version 0.19.2.

- Open Mods Lib has been updated to version 0.5.1.

- Open Blocks has been updated to version 1.2.9.

- Better Storage has been updated to version 0.8.0.47.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will village spawns ever be brought back again in future builds once someone figures how to tinker with the code so they spawn more naturally working with Bioms of Pleanty?  I just discovered a village in my world and it almost looks like an apartment complex because the buildings merged with the terrain and are about 15-20 blocks high in some areas.  Looks pretty funky.  I'm thinking of adding a walkway system between the doors which are high up.  Admitatly a bit of work...but I do like the random villages that spawn in 1.0.10b.

Hey guys, I have just updated my server to this version if you want to check it out on a public server! IP: play.nemalands.co.uk

Here is the link the post for the server http://tinyurl.com/paxoxj4

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me, but the server will not start with the OpenEye mod which is included in the server download.

It started in my test environment, so that's really weird. Can you get me a log?

Will village spawns ever be brought back again in future builds once someone figures how to tinker with the code so they spawn more naturally working with Bioms of Pleanty?  I just discovered a village in my world and it almost looks like an apartment complex because the buildings merged with the terrain and are about 15-20 blocks high in some areas.  Looks pretty funky.  I'm thinking of adding a walkway system between the doors which are high up.  Admitatly a bit of work...but I do like the random villages that spawn in 1.0.10b.

Village spawns will be brought back as soon as BoP figures out how to make them not occasionally corrupt worlds.

I will look through my logs to see if I kept the one that from earlier on when the server wasn't starting.

As far as BoP villages go I'm not sure they're looking into it as from what I have found they claim it's not their mod that's causing the issue.

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=13470.0

Also, I'm not sure whether the morph beta AOTB uses has been updated yet, but it creates constant spam in the console.

https://github.com/iChun/Morph/issues/488

It would be great if this got fixed in the next update as it's a real pain reading through the logs, plus it creates a bit of lag when it happens a bunch of times in a row.

It's the BoP biomes, even if it's not BoP alone and it's the village positioning combined with the addons like the witchery apothecary and the necromancy graveyard spawning in impossible locations it is still primarily caused by BoP's biomes and village positioning.  They have stated that it almost certainly will cause problems when combined with mods intended for 1.6.2 rather than 1.6.4 (as is the case with necromancy) and they have implied that it'll be fixed in their 1.7 version.

None of that means it's not BoP - they have not claimed that it isn't the fault of BoP, just not the fault of BoP alone - as CanVox says if they don't change the way they handle village spawning it'll continue to be a problem, and it doesn't look like they have any intention of doing that for version 1.6.4 (you never know, but I wouldn't get your hopes up).

Radios work, there's just a requirement now for the notenoughcodecs clientside mod to be added (which allows the clients to hear the aac or mp3 streams the radio puts out).  You can get it here; http://openmods.info/

Actually CanVox, adding that to the clientside in this version might be a good idea (along with a default stream to be superawesome!).

Now that Fossils and Archeology Revival has been updated to 1.6.4 will Attack of the B-Team's Fossils and Archeology Reported be replaced by it? It has more features and probably less bugs.

It does not have less bugs, many of the bugs I fixed for Re-Ported are still present in Revival. I'm currently working with the devs of Revival to get these bugs worked out so we can start using it.  I also added some issues to Re-Ported that makes World of Dinos work properly, so I'll need to do the same here.

Radios work, there's just a requirement now for the notenoughcodecs clientside mod to be added (which allows the clients to hear the aac or mp3 streams the radio puts out).  You can get it here; http://openmods.info/

Actually CanVox, adding that to the clientside in this version might be a good idea (along with a default stream to be superawesome!).

Check the 1.0.12a changelog above- notenoughcodecs is now included.

How come my NEI wont work and i tried hitting "O" and i looked in conflict too see if there was something maybe but there wasn't. I looked in the mods section on th home screen and it says no plugins installed in red. what happened?

This is not a problem I'm experiencing. It's possible you had an install problem? Reset pack and try again.

canvox: This is not a problem I'm experiencing. It's possible you had an install problem? Reset pack and try again.

I already tried that in 3 different ways. i deleted the pack. reset the pack. and i deleted the whole thing together in roaming and nothing. NEI just wont work. keeps saying no plugins installed. i also tried other version of the game and its the same thing

Edited by GH1LL1EGH05T

was wondering if anyone noticed the glitch with open blocks yet, where if you try to empty your levels into a max'd out  tank via drain, then right click the tank; then use the levels that you already have on enchanting or the anvil, then afterwards go back and right click the xp tank again, and u'll get back all your levels back that you used. It's really OP and people keep using it on my server. i don't wanna disable drains but they're starting to twist my arm.

Full guard patterns and therefore cutlasses are now unobtainable (in a neew world).

From what I understand of the configuration change, it prevents villages from spawning in BoP specific biomes, but it should still allow villages to spawn in vanilla based biomes. You can read the second page here.

My game has crashed twice in a row while trying to remove cooked flesh from the oven. I was luckily able to break the oven and fix the issue.

This modpack doesn't have a cooked flesh recipe that I'm aware of. What are you talking about?

Edit: Mistook it for being a recipe for rotten flesh. Tried replicating with "Flesh" in the oven, cannot replicate. Was able to pull out 63 cooked flesh with no crashing.

Whenever i click a paint mixer, i crash. Idk how to get crash logs, I'm stupid :P

Cannot replicate. You don't have any resource packs installed do you?

Getting Crash Logs

* Run Technic Launcher

* Select Attack of the B-Team modpack

* Click on the Cog icon located on the bottom left of the modpack logo

* Click on "Open Folder"

* Open "crash-reports" folder

* Provide relevant log files

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pasting Logs

Use one of the following methods to show us your log files:

* Attach file to posting

* Use http://pastebin.com and paste the resulting URL in your post

* Use http://paste.ubuntu.com and paste the resulting URL in your post

For overly sized files, attaching or using the above URLs may not work, you can use one of the following for these types of cases

* http://mediafire.com

* http://dropbox.com

Edited by Kalbintion

Cooked flesh is a Food Plus thing, right? Used in conjunction with the Crayfish oven, it will crash your game (true in 0.10 (I think? I don't even know what version I'm currently on). Don't put Food Plus stuff in the oven.

Just to be safe, avoid any kinds of mod foods, although I don't think any other mod adds food that can be cooked.

Cooked flesh is a Food Plus thing, right? Used in conjunction with the Crayfish oven, it will crash your game (true in 0.10 (I think? I don't even know what version I'm currently on). Don't put Food Plus stuff in the oven.

Just to be safe, avoid any kinds of mod foods, although I don't think any other mod adds food that can be cooked.

Actually, the cooked flesh is a crayfish furniture mod item, which is the same mod the oven is from. I originally read their post as a rotten flesh recipe, forgot about cfm's flesh. just tried it and couldnt replicate the issue.

Also, mod items in ovens seem to be resolved (mostly?) in 11a onwards.

It's not the mods that are the problem - Java is not compatible with Java 8 yet.  Once it's up on the main page as the default download you can assume it's properly backward compatible, but until oracle says it should be the default version then I wouldn't expect it to work (it may be fine, but honestly it's just pointless trouble to put yourself through if you're not a dev right now).