[64X] Sphax PureBDcraft [Tekkit 3.1/Technic 7.2] (Balkoon's weapons)

leddy231

Re: Texture Pack [128x] Sphax PureBDcraft [Technic 6.0.7 / Tekkit 2.0 and down]

Hey man would you please do this in a 64x version it would really help me out.:D

Did you even read the earlier posts? If you want a 64x version, make it yourself, or (in my opinion) offer some sort of incentive to make it. Don't just make demands of people.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded it a bit ago, and theres a problem..

When using covers, it actually goes darker then the surrounding blocks.. now when i use covers often now, this gets to be a problem because it doesnt blend in.

I downloaded it a bit ago, and theres a problem..

When using covers, it actually goes darker then the surrounding blocks.. now when i use covers often now, this gets to be a problem because it doesnt blend in.

it has nothing to doo with the texture pack, did you turn smothlightning off? try to put it on again.

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE why are acting like its sooooooooooooooo difficult to make it 32 or 16 JUST RE-SIZE THE IMAGES

Difficult it isn't.

Tedious it most definitely is.

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE why are acting like its sooooooooooooooo difficult to make it 32 or 16 JUST RE-SIZE THE IMAGES

if it's so easy, then do it yourself to prove it instead of uselessly 'shouting' at people over the internet. Just a thought.

i usually shout out my window im pretty sure they can hear me from all the way over here in denmark but then again they never reply

i like the pack its nice to have textures that blend like this does its bit hard on my comp thou due to the resolution and me being lazy but that's just me im looking in to azanors thaumcraft textures on his vids i wish i was able to make a just as pretty texture for everything

Just resize the textures to 32x32 and you're done, eh? So, riddle me this: A 2x2 texture might be the following.

XX

XY

A 4x4 texture might be the following.

XXXX

XXXX

XXYY

XXYY

Bigger is better, right?

Oh wait. The block is still the same size.

Hey genius: Minecraft is already stretching the texture into as many pixels as necessary to fit the size of the block on the screen. If you double the pixels and just copy them IT'S THE SAME TEXTURE.

Just resize the textures to 32x32 and you're done, eh? So, riddle me this: A 2x2 texture might be the following.

XX

XY

A 4x4 texture might be the following.

XXXX

XXXX

XXYY

XXYY

Bigger is better, right?

Oh wait. The block is still the same size.

Hey genius: Minecraft is already stretching the texture into as many pixels as necessary to fit the size of the block on the screen. If you double the pixels and just copy them IT'S THE SAME TEXTURE.

Actually, that example you are using does not show it correctly. That is upscaling. For downscaling, there are different problems.

Let me just take your case of 4x4 and 2x2:

If you have this 4x4 image:

ZXXX

XZXX

XXZX

XXXZ

Then, depending on the scaling algorithm, you might get this:

YX

XY

An image with colors that are the averages of the bigger image, which makes the image appear blurry

I am currently assembling a 64x64 Pack, will upload it when I'm finished

EDIT:

There you go.

I think I got all of the textures. If any are missing let me know it

This fucking guy.

All the people playing technic on a six-year-old computer just peed themselves with happiness. It's a good thing, too, because they'll be needing that liquid to put out the fire that the CPU is gonna start.

Re: Texture Pack [128x] Sphax PureBDcraft [(REAL)Technic 6.0.7 / Tekkit 2.1]

People keep asking the OP to convert the pack he posted (128x) to either 32x or 64x, that would be downscaling no?

Oh, that's silly. Any idiot should be able to downscale a pack, though yes there would be slightly less quality in it than one created for that resolution originally. I see the confusion now.

Oh, that's silly. Any idiot should be able to downscale a pack, though yes there would be slightly less quality in it than one created for that resolution originally. I see the confusion now.

Which is why there was the incredulous reaction at the "64x PL0XORZ" posts earlier.

If you guys are really in need of a not that high hd texture pack, check the thread I made.

I'm pulling the faithful pack (32x) together with the mods as they're updated on the forums.

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,4764.0.html

But I really wanted that my computer could handle sphax. Faithful is great and all...but...oh well lol.

Hello there :3

I'm trying to use the modpack and I can't seem to make it work. So here's a large dump of information (sorry for the long post :<) concerning what I have and what I did.

Computer Specs :

• [li]CPU : Intel Core i5 2500[/li]
    [li]GPU : Twintech GeForce GTX 570 1,25 Go[/li]
    [li]RAM : 16Go[/li]

I'm assuming these are sufficient to run the texture pack. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Software Specs :

• [li]OS : Windows 7 64x.[/li]
    [li]Java : 1.7 64x.[/li]
    [li]Technic Launcher : 0.5.4.8[/li]
    [li]Technic SSP : 6.0.7[/li]

As far as I know, I have all the latest versions.

If you need other informations about my config, please ask and I'll gladly provide.

Now for what I did :

• [li]Downloaded HD texture pack.[/li]
    [li]Put it under .techniclauncher\technicssp\texturepacks\[/li]
    [li]Run Technic Launcher, get to the options screen.[/li]
    [li]Select 4GB under memory allocation.[/li]
    [li]Saved settings (launcher restarted, probably to launch with the new RAM option)[/li]
    [li]Launch minecraft with Technic modpack selected.[/li]
    [li]Go to texture pack.[/li]
    [li]Select your pack (wait 30 seconds, as you mentioned).[/li]
    [li]Click on "Done" button (wait for a few seconds, like you mentioned)[/li]
    [li]See the changes have been applied on the main menu.[/li]
    [li]Start the game.[/li]
    [li]Wait for a few seconds (Simulating the world...)[/li]
    [li]Black screen (turns white when I alt-tab to take control of my mouse back), then the game shuts down.[/li]

Am I missing something ? Did I mess up the installation ? Is my computer not powerful enough ?

Any help will be appreciated. :)

EDIT :

I've done some more tests. Here is what I found out :

Let's call the world I have "World1".

So world 1 worked well under normal texture pack.

• [li]Trying to use it with HD texture made me have a "Saving Chunks" error on load.[/li]
    [li]Trying to run again with HD gives the black screen.[/li]
    [li]Trying to run it back with normal texture now also gives the black screen.[/li]

Now creating a world "World2" under normal texture.

• [li]The world generates, loads and work.[/li]
    [li]Trying to use it with HD texture made me have a "Saving Chunks" error on load.[/li]
    [li]Trying to run it back with normal texture now also gives the black screen.[/li]

Last test : creating "World3" under HD texture.

• [li]The world generates, then "Saving chunks" error.[/li]
    [li]Getting black screen from both texture pack.[/li]

On another note, I found something else :

I can indeed access worlds, but ONLY if the HD texture pack hasn't been activated in a session.

What I mean is :

• [li]Starting with the HD texture will not let me launch worlds.[/li]
    [li]Starting with the HD, going to normal won't let me launch worlds.[/li]
    [li]Starting in normal then going in HD won't let met launch worlds.[/li]
    [li]Starting in normal and let it be, then I can access all worlds previously made.[/li]

I'm trying to use the modpack and I can't seem to make it work. So here's a large dump of information (sorry for the long post :<) concerning what I have and what I did.

Computer Specs :

• [li]CPU : Intel Core i5 2500[/li]
    [li]GPU : Twintech GeForce GTX 570 1,25 Go[/li]
    [li]RAM : 16Go[/li]

I'm assuming these are sufficient to run the texture pack. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Software Specs :

• [li]OS : Windows 7 64x.[/li]
    [li]Java : 1.7 64x.[/li]
    [li]Technic Launcher : 0.5.4.8[/li]
    [li]Technic SSP : 6.0.7[/li]

As far as I know, I have all the latest versions.

If you need other informations about my config, please ask and I'll gladly provide.

Now for what I did :

• [li]Downloaded HD texture pack.[/li]
    [li]Put it under .techniclauncher\technicssp\texturepacks\[/li]
    [li]Run Technic Launcher, get to the options screen.[/li]
    [li]Select 4GB under memory allocation.[/li]
    [li]Saved settings (launcher restarted, probably to launch with the new RAM option)[/li]
    [li]Launch minecraft with Technic modpack selected.[/li]
    [li]Go to texture pack.[/li]
    [li]Select your pack (wait 30 seconds, as you mentioned).[/li]
    [li]Click on "Done" button (wait for a few seconds, like you mentioned)[/li]
    [li]See the changes have been applied on the main menu.[/li]
    [li]Start the game.[/li]
    [li]Wait for a few seconds (Simulating the world...)[/li]
    [li]Black screen (turns white when I alt-tab to take control of my mouse back), then the game shuts down.[/li]

Am I missing something ? Did I mess up the installation ? Is my computer not powerful enough ?

Any help will be appreciated. :)

EDIT :

I've done some more tests. Here is what I found out :

Let's call the world I have "World1".

So world 1 worked well under normal texture pack.

• [li]Trying to use it with HD texture made me have a "Saving Chunks" error on load.[/li]

Now creating a world "World2" under normal texture.

• [li]The world generates, loads and work.[/li]
    [li]Trying to use it with HD texture made me have a "Saving Chunks" error on load.[/li]

Last test : creating "World3" under HD texture.

• [li]The world generates, then "Saving chunks" error.[/li]
    [li]Getting black screen from both texture pack.[/li]

On another note, I found something else :

I can indeed access worlds, but ONLY if the HD texture pack hasn't been activated in a session.

What I mean is :

• [li]Starting with the HD texture will not let me launch worlds.[/li]
    [li]Starting with the HD, going to normal won't let me launch worlds.[/li]
    [li]Starting in normal then going in HD won't let met launch worlds.[/li]
    [li]Starting in normal and let it be, then I can access all worlds previously made.[/li]

Thats... realy wierd...

the only thing i can think of is bad graphiccard, but ist a really wird problem...

Your specs should be more than sufficient to run this texture pack.

post the logs (use pastebin.com or pasteall.org).

Optifine might not have installed correctly.

I know the video card is compatible. You might need to update the driver on it.

Or something completely different. Which is why we need to see the logs.

Continuing the short trend of on topic posts:

I downloaded the pack and dropped it into technic and everything was great. Kudos to you good sir. Here's my problem, when I dropped the exact same pack into tekkit a few mods still run off of default textures (railcraft, and additional objects for example). I read the whole thread on my phone so I may have missed it, but has anyone found a solution or am I just doing it wrong? Also before anyone flames me for asking a tekkit question on the technic board, OP says the pack also works with tekkit so this seemed the best place for this question.

It just hit me that this may be due to tekkit and technic having slightly different versions of some mods. Will research and post back.

Your specs should be more than sufficient to run this texture pack.

post the logs (use pastebin.com or pasteall.org).

Optifine might not have installed correctly.

I know the video card is compatible. You might need to update the driver on it.

Or something completely different. Which is why we need to see the logs.

I'm ashamed I didn't think of updating GPU drivers. It didn't cure the problem, but it's not a bad thing to do either way.

Now for the logs... the error logs usually generated by minecraft (hs_err something) weren't generated (and they sometimes were, I've just deleted some older logs to be sure they weren't related after reading them).

Now, I found out that there was logs for the technic pack (log folder. Kinda obvious... I think I am going blind).

And then I read them, and the problem was here, described in details for me to read :

http://pastebin.com/1qP26fC0

I use a mod called Mine Little Pony. This mod change the player's appearance to that of a pony. It seems it didn't blend well with the texture pack. Removing it from the mods folder made everything work.

Thank you for your help, ErusPrime and Leddy231 :3 !

Continuing the short trend of on topic posts:

I downloaded the pack and dropped it into technic and everything was great. Kudos to you good sir. Here's my problem, when I dropped the exact same pack into tekkit a few mods still run off of default textures (railcraft, and additional objects for example). I read the whole thread on my phone so I may have missed it, but has anyone found a solution or am I just doing it wrong? Also before anyone flames me for asking a tekkit question on the technic board, OP says the pack also works with tekkit so this seemed the best place for this question.

It just hit me that this may be due to tekkit and technic having slightly different versions of some mods. Will research and post back.

tekkit 2.0 or 2.1?