Please make EE harder!

I have been playing quite a lot of Tekkit and I have found an easy strategy for getting tons of diamonds or Dark matter. It uses a cow and takes very few resources to build. Building it spoils the game very fast. And getting the Swithwolf's rendering eye is way too easy too.

With just 2 hours of playing I was able to get all of EE's items.

Transmuting stuff removes the need to too any work at all. If you have one of any item it's way too easy then to make a punch of them.

If possible make EE items more expensive.

lCbbI.png

I saw this contraption online from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo1kr6Hzk0w

This machine makes about 1000 EMC per second. Building only one side of this machine produces enough to make lots of diamond blocks.

Possible solutions: Make a limit for how much you can milk one cow and how much stew you get from one Mooshroom. There might be more ways you can generate infinite EMC that I don't know yet.

I know many people will say that I shouldn't build this thing if I don't like it, but on large servers it makes the game very unfair if people build these things.

(Please consider doing something about it!)

No one is going to remove EE because you said so. Its fairly equal in the amount of people who want it and those who don't. So it isn't a inconvenience to one half the people who don't like it just get by with removing it. The reason you felt you were special and that one post could change the technic teams mind is kind of ridiculous especially since you felt you were above the rules. As for "make it harder" technic team doesn't make mods so that wont happen. They also aren't going to find a way to prevent how many times you can milk a cow. As for that whole design you can't use it on many "large servers" because most of the deluxe servers have condensers off and those that don't limit EE on their own. The limitation of EE is the modder and server makers job, not technic team. SO if you wont to try to make a difference ask one of those to choices.

To me the only way to ever settle the debate over EE would be if the mod underwent major changes to its SMP version to make it fully customizable. In such a way that server operators could not only adjust the emc values of items but also what can be transmuted and how. For example having the option to disable the emc values from almost all vanilla items to force people to gather their resources via other means. As well as the ability to increase or decrease the costs of its power items to better balance around the servers goals.

More importantly would be the ability to adjust its power items and their special abilities. For example increasing the cost of using swithwolf's flight ability to more closely balance it to IC2's jet packs unless you have a high tier charged star. As well as the ability to disable item powers on a per power basis instead of having to disable the full item due to a bugged or OP ability. For example disabling the volcanite amulet ability to produce lava or the ring of ignitions fire balls. As well as the philosopher's stone's ability to transmute things directly or limit the max charge levels on the tools to reduce their power.

Just to be clear I am not asking anyone to balance the mod nor do i wish to force them to. All i would like to see is the ability to do so to be added to the mod in a easy to do manor. So that the balancing will be up to the server operators and those using the mod. As currently the only way to balance it is disabling large parts of the mod for the sack of a few issues it presents.

However I know full well that this will never happen and I'm fine with that.

To me the only way to ever settle the debate over EE would be if the mod underwent major changes to its SMP version to make it fully customizable. In such a way that server operators could not only adjust the emc values of items but also what can be transmuted and how. For example having the option to disable the emc values from almost all vanilla items to force people to gather their resources via other means. As well as the ability to increase or decrease the costs of its power items to better balance around the servers goals.

More importantly would be the ability to adjust its power items and their special abilities. For example increasing the cost of using swithwolf's flight ability to more closely balance it to IC2's jet packs unless you have a high tier charged star. As well as the ability to disable item powers on a per power basis instead of having to disable the full item due to a bugged or OP ability. For example disabling the volcanite amulet ability to produce lava or the ring of ignitions fire balls. As well as the philosopher's stone's ability to transmute things directly or limit the max charge levels on the tools to reduce their power.

Just to be clear I am not asking anyone to balance the mod nor do i wish to force them to. All i would like to see is the ability to do so to be added to the mod in a easy to do manor. So that the balancing will be up to the server operators and those using the mod. As currently the only way to balance it is disabling large parts of the mod for the sack of a few issues it presents.

However I know full well that this will never happen and I'm fine with that.

The new developer of EE2 said he/she may work on that to allow server owners to re-balance (at least some items) as they see fit.

As for everything else, completely irrelevant. How you see balance is differently from how I see balance and differently from how Joe down the street sees balance. I don't disagree with being able to balance to one's tastes would be a good thing but your suggestions for balance are just that...yours. Therefore, some ideas might be considered great by some and some are terrible whether thought by the same or by others.

Also, side note: manner...manor is a type of residence, often a large home in the country.

EE's a tough mod. It can easily become OP with transmutation being instantaneous and the energy collectors gathering EMC so quickly. I think it should work kinda like the Thaumcraft research with a chance for a loss and a time requirement. That way you're actually putting some effort into it.

The new developer of EE2 said he/she may work on that to allow server owners to re-balance (at least some items) as they see fit.

As for everything else, completely irrelevant. How you see balance is differently from how I see balance and differently from how Joe down the street sees balance. I don't disagree with being able to balance to one's tastes would be a good thing but your suggestions for balance are just that...yours. Therefore, some ideas might be considered great by some and some are terrible whether thought by the same or by others.

Also, side note: manner...manor is a type of residence, often a large home in the country.

Sorry for the typo no matter how hard I proof read a post I always slip one or two in somewhere. I blame my poor english skills which I've struggled with most of my life and have been trying to improve.

As for my suggestions those were purely examples based on the common complaints against EE that I've seen and are not based on my personal opinions. Personally I like EE just the way it is now but I only play on a small 5 person family/close friends server where we mainly self regulate it. But from what I've seen already I can fully understand the mess it can cause on a larger server. Which is why I strongly support that it is up to the server operator and its users to balance it as they see fit.

Thaumcraft is a much better transmutation mod IMO. Hopefully it becomes a valid multiplayer mod in 1.3

I fully agree with this and hope that it will become a SMP mod in the future to be added to the tekkit pack. How ever it is not with out its own issues, namely the griefing potential of taint and a few of its power items. Just imagine flooding a persons base with totems of dusk and taint generators, oh the possibilities.

I fully agree with this and hope that it will become a SMP mod in the future to be added to the tekkit pack. How ever it is not with out its own issues, namely the griefing potential of taint and a few of its power items. Just imagine flooding a persons base with totems of dusk and taint generators, oh the possibilities.

There is that, but not even taint generators can get past totems of dawn. It may need to be nerfed for some servers, but in big servers, it would force players to cooperate in a way that other things couldn't.

I always found it incredibly difficult to find balance between engineers and mages (EE and IC2/BC) when doing factions on our tekkit server, because by the time the engineers had set ups that would work for them, those who worked with EE always had everything and more! So it usually came down to getting quantum armor before your city was destroyed by a pack of raiding mages, and trying to defend yourself. It made for good fun though, at least for a while. I hope they balance it out in the future where both sides are more balanced and such.

@danidas, no worries mate. Just pointing it out.

@twisted, one has to consider context and the type of server you described would and probably should be balanced very differently than other types of servers such as the ones I choose to play on. That's why I agree there should be an option to change the config of EE2 and allow for different types of balance but the current balance is by no means wrong just because it would offer some unfair advantage on certain servers.

Also, I would love TC2 to finally go SMP; mostly for the portals but I just love the mod as a whole with as little experience as I have in it.

Since they tapped the bukkit team I would assume 1.3 will include a plugin system. From there it isn't a far cry to a plugin that allows server operators to modify aura/taint manually.

Imagine the possibilities of cooperative or competitive survival servers. Admins generate a large world then taint the border, players have to do what they can to survive against the encroaching evil (of course with increased mob spawns so taint areas are very hazardous).

And once thaumcraft is server enabled it would be possible to make greif protection plugins aware of it's affects. Land protection plugins like towny, residence, and factions could have a taint protection option, and permissions plugins could easily restrict use of taintbombs in various forms.

Edit EE2? Technic / Tekkit is not the mantainer of that mod and therefore have no power over the internals of EE2, such as rebalancing it.

As for using it it a SMP enviroment, it is an essential part of my admin tool kit. I would be quite bummed to see it go.

There is that, but not even taint generators can get past totems of dawn. It may need to be nerfed for some servers, but in big servers, it would force players to cooperate in a way that other things couldn't.

That is what the totems of dusk are for as i figure they will counter any totems of the dawn that they may have.

I removed it from my own server but I still like the mod. I just wish it would be harder. A few hours into the game makes you already immortal. I like the idea of being able to change the EMC values and could possibly make the game harder myself. Until then I'll just keep playing without it.

I would love it if you could configure how much EMC things used. Particularly those damn rings.

I like the idea of being able to change the EMC values and could possibly make the game harder myself

While its not in the config (and I agree it should be) you can decompile EE and edit the class file with the EMC Values in it. You can completely set them to what you want then recompile when done. Goes without saying you should know what your doing before decompiling the mod and messing with the class files.

We tailored the EMC values to our taste and it does make EE more bearable from a survival/grinding aspect. It also allows you to get rid of exploits like blaze rod/bone > macerator > condensor exploits as well as the soup/milk exploits.